IGNORED

Despondency over 2015/16 season

The point is... Why wait? Martinez said the targets were identified so waiting to strengthen until 5 games in to the swason is just fucking stupid. It makes absolutely no sense. Crystal Palace signed Cabaye ffs while we sit there holding our dicks in the wind as per usual.

A club of our size and stature having to wait until deadline day is nothing short of pathetic. It's a disgrace and it happens every year while the likes of Palace have a pre season bedding their signings in and hit the ground ready while we, if we do sign a player before the window closes are 10 games in before they're settled.

It's a fucking ridiculous way to do business and a way you would expect a club like Bournmouth or dare I say it Palace to have to operate. Smaller revenue, stadium, fan base... What are they doing? Signing and signing big.

Totally agree with this rant/statement.

Once the TV money has come in - been apportioned out to the "operating costs" after Robert Earl/Phillip Green (Vibrac) received his "TV loan money+ interest"

Then we may see some movement.... blimey lads, how many years does this need to happen till you realise that the "transfer window activity" is linked to the wonderful jackanory time in October when you see statements like:-

"The reclassification of the Premier League’s investment in community initiatives accounted for a significant proportion of the increase in other operating costs, rising by £4.9m to £27.5m. In addition, the Club committed additional support to youth development and first team staff, introduced goal line technology and ‘next generation’ turf and incurred an increase in pre-season tour costs arising from the International Champions Cup tournament in the United States."

Now is not the time to get angry - but hey £5m increase in 1 year on operating costs that were already high..... where did they buy this next gen grass from??? Holland???

They put a very interesting video of the turf being laid on the website. I say laid, it was injected really. Nylon strands all over the pitch. Hence why our pitch was much better than our football last season.

The pitch cost about £1m if I remember, but double that as finch farm has an exact copy.

Still, £3m more to find.

I think the new flood lights will be in the next accounts though.

I don't (yet) feel despondent, but I am already irritated, pre-disgruntled, you might say. Not mostly because of transfer window inactivity, but because I fear Roberto will stick with Barry over and over and over. Despite the fact that even Barry himself admitted near the end of last season that he needed more rest.

I was so impressed with Barry during the loan season, and only winced just a little at his subsequent 3-year contract. Two seemed much preferable, but I understood the necessity (?) of 3.

But it seems to me that Barry's regular inclusion in the 11 has to mean far less time on the pitch for Besic and Gibson [yes, I know], and somewhat less time for Barkley, Cleverley, Osman. It also means constant pressure on McCarthy and the back line once Barry picks up his yellow. Barry has a fine sense of who's open for a pass, but his pace is paceless.

Perhaps he'll return to his 2013-14 form. I hope, but do not believe. If Barry falters, and Roberto sticks with him no matter what ............ I don't really know how to finish this sentence.

Gibson would play more if he could cross the sideline without injuring himself. I think the issue with Besic is he isn't disclipined enough. Hopefully, with the addition of Cleverley Barry plays less. He has a role, but it was way too big last year, mainly because of injuries to others. I think he himself has admitted this.