IGNORED

Despondency over 2015/16 season

You guys are doing a number on my usual optimism. Here I am reading a thread about being excited over the coming season, and it's mostly become a whine-fest. If you feel depressed about something, can you please post here instead? Personally, I'd prefer to get excited and not have to read so much negative drivel. :)

You guys are doing a number on my usual optimism. Here I am reading a thread about being excited over the coming season, and it's mostly become a whine-fest. If you feel depressed about something, can you please post here instead? Personally, I'd prefer to get excited and not have to read so much negative drivel. :)

While I sympathise with the whining you have a point I think, decent idea to separate the two.

I'm going to moan and be miserable where I deem it appropriate. Which atm is almost everything Everton related.

I don't moan in the general and midweek footy thread or the Cricket thread you miserable bastards :shaking fist:

Edited by Paddock

You know what i mean.

I know what you meant but it is interesting isn't it. The same team, literally man for man in the starting 11, and we had 2 very, very different seasons. What's happened? Is it testament to what Moyes did before hand or what issues Martinez has caused since? Interesting.

Edited by tenaciousj

I know what you meant but it is interesting isn't it. The same team, literally man for man in the starting 11, and we had 2 very, very different seasons. What's happened? Is it testament to what Moyes did before hand or what issues Martinez has caused since? Interesting.

Both in my opinion.

I see two ways of looking at the poor season last year, europa cup games on thursday and players tired after the world cup could be one reason

the other is other teams now know the way Everton play under Martinez and were able to adapt styles so Robertos tactics wern;t as effective.

Or a combination of both.

Essentially we have a settle squad a couple of additions and hopefully 2-3 more to come, I'm happy with the first 11 , maybe the number 10 would be the only addition we need, but we do need an experienced back up centre back and a striker to cover / play alongside Lukaku, I have a feeling Lukaku will come good this season and score for fun so he may well be offski this time next year so getting someone else in that knows the team/style is important.

I personally think that the players have lost some respect for Martinez.

A new manager came in with fresh ideas and every player was out to impress for their place. Gareth Barry was immense that season so he is the prime example of playing for a contract.

Last season was evident that Martinez has no plan B in his locker, it was then up to the players to speak aloud their concerns.

i do not know what goes on in that dressing room at half time but if the team were under performing in the first half, David Moyes face would tell you what was waiting.

I don't see this in Roberto, i think the players know that they aren't in for a bollocking which has to have some sort of impact if they are playing shite.

I know this isn't his way/style if you like but ....playing with a a bit of fear that the hairdryer treatment is coming i think is a good thing.

Just my opinion.

Does anyone know if we have got this years Sky money yet?? Historically (allegedly) we haven't been able to be active in the transfer market till we have received this years money from Sky (which then goes to pay off a Vibrac Loan) and we take out a fresh loan. If this is the case this year, it would explain our lack of transfer activity....

A couple of faces in the door and the despondency can quickly turn to optimism :-) (he say's hopefully!!)

Does anyone know if we have got this years Sky money yet?? Historically (allegedly) we haven't been able to be active in the transfer market till we have received this years money from Sky (which then goes to pay off a Vibrac Loan) and we take out a fresh loan. If this is the case this year, it would explain our lack of transfer activity....

A couple of faces in the door and the despondency can quickly turn to optimism :-) (he say's hopefully!!)

Someone posted a few days back that it'd just arrived IIRC.

Can everybody just calm the F down..... If we don't have a marquee signing after deadline day then we can all have a meltdown. Until then I'm happy to just sit and wait.... I don't expect us to do anything this season anyway.

The point is... Why wait? Martinez said the targets were identified so waiting to strengthen until 5 games in to the swason is just fucking stupid. It makes absolutely no sense. Crystal Palace signed Cabaye ffs while we sit there holding our dicks in the wind as per usual.

A club of our size and stature having to wait until deadline day is nothing short of pathetic. It's a disgrace and it happens every year while the likes of Palace have a pre season bedding their signings in and hit the ground ready while we, if we do sign a player before the window closes are 10 games in before they're settled.

It's a fucking ridiculous way to do business and a way you would expect a club like Bournmouth or dare I say it Palace to have to operate. Smaller revenue, stadium, fan base... What are they doing? Signing and signing big.