IGNORED

TDD is over, how will we do this season?

Honestly with the setup we have I'd like to see Roberto take both the league and FA cup seriously. Give it a go in the Prem but we need a trophy so full go to the cups for me while avoiding relegation.

11th and a cup win

Agree with everything except this. This is not an ambition of our club, this is just basic expectation.

I think our squad is as good as any outside the usual top four. I think we should be competing for the top seven. Ideally fourth because I think United are rubbish and if Rooney gets injured they have a real lack upfront

This is spot on mate. Few key injuries to Arsenal they could struggle aswell. No team apart from City have looked dominate. Tottenham/Liverpool look average and i think this season is a better chance to grab a top 4 spot then the season 2 years ago. Its perfect we have no Europe, younger boys have a few extra years in them we just need a good strong run and no better time then the next 7 or so games we have coming!

For me a return to the top 8 and a decent cup run would be ideal. I think it's a bit too ambitious to go back to our standards of two seasons ago, when we nearly cracked the top four. The knockdown and rebuild job from last season will be too much, though hopefully it'll set us up for a decent charge in the next couple of seasons. The catch is whether or not the young core of this squad (Stones, Barkley, McCarthy, Deulofeu) will be here in those coming seasons to actually have a decent go.

Edited by Pearso

This is spot on mate. Few key injuries to Arsenal they could struggle aswell. No team apart from City have looked dominate. Tottenham/Liverpool look average and i think this season is a better chance to grab a top 4 spot then the season 2 years ago. Its perfect we have no Europe, younger boys have a few extra years in them we just need a good strong run and no better time then the next 7 or so games we have coming!

Going to be a very open season, with the exception of City.I think we can play better than we did against Chelsea (as long as Martinez doesn't go back to some of the rubbish we played last year ), pretty sure we can compete with the rest.With what we saw against Chelsea and a tad of luck, 3rd to 6th place could be possible.

• 4 weeks later...

13 points from Home to Watford, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Away to Southampton, Spurs, Swansea and West Brom is a big accomplishment. 2 or more points against Man Utd and Arsenal would be big as well. Season off to a great start as far as im concerned.

Its much better than most of us were expecting. The annoying thing is it should be about 17 points, but there are always going to be frustrating draws.