IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away)

markjazzbassist

A few things...

If anyone questions mccarthy and his importance to our team - watch the performance before and after his injury. His energy and ability to stop the other team is crucial.

Leader. We haven't got one. I've said before we need a mouth on the pitch, someone who can shake up the players. If Rooney carries on, United may deliver him to us in the summer.

Martinez, he isn't exempt from criticism but FFS why does the words David Moyes get mentioned when RM has a bad day at the office??? Have people forgotten the 1-0 shut up shop tactics that seen us concede late equalisers under Moyes, who has been sacked from his second job for being shite.

Martinez does more good than bad, he isn't perfect and he does pisses me off. He seems to learn from mistakes - last year a great example. So let's just let him evolve, at least he appears to want to which is more than I could say for the former.

Last season I would have agreed with you about McCarthy however I don't think he has had the same impact this season. I honestly don't think him going off had any impact on the game

The team as a whole played well in the first half and the same team as a whole were woeful in the second half

Just think the first goal they scored was crucial. Fuckin just watched the lad pick the ball up and smash it. As for the third! Someone has to to take the lad out as he glides past him in midfield

It was, and much as I hated it it was an absolute thing of beauty. And it was coming for a long time.

Maybe if they'd got back at us earlier, as Sunderland did from two down, we'd have woken up again like we did then. As it was we just strolled around the second half like we'd won it; pleased as I was I have to admit I didn't really celebrate Ross's goal when it went in because we didn't deserve it and Bournemouth didn't deserve to lose. I just felt (brief) relief that we'd stolen it. But we hadn't.

Just think the first goal they scored was crucial. Fuckin just watched the lad pick the ball up and smash it. As for the third! Someone has to to take the lad out as he glides past him in midfield

That someone was Cleverley, who after the goal put his hands on his head/eyes, certainly in shock but I think also because he knew he hadn't tracked his man and nudged him away from the open header.

I've liked Cleverley's versatility earlier in the season, but he messed up on this one, badly.

That someone was Cleverley, who after the goal put his hands on his head/eyes, certainly in shock but I think also because he knew he hadn't tracked his man and nudged him away from the open header.

I've liked Cleverley's versatility earlier in the season, but he messed up on this one, badly.

There were several fuck ups on that third goal. First is that Kone wasn't even on my tv screen because he's picking dandelions in the other half of the field (I'm blaming Roberto for never subbing him, when it was clear that he was crocked from the 55th minute on). The second is that Galloway didn't do enough to make things difficult for the man with the ball. He let him have his way. Galloway looked crocked, too, after doing the job of two people in the second half. Also going to give significant blame to Roberto there. Next, as you mentioned above, Cleverley didn't track his man. Finally, if memory serves me right, both of our CBs were out of position and facing our own goal when the cross came in, which meant they weren't going to have the best chances at defending it.