IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away)

markjazzbassist

Kone's been riding on luck for a while. He's no Mirallas and it's a travesty that he plays ahead of him.

I have to admit I could be wrong about Galloway. He's been great but that wide player (king?) tore him a new arsehole it was blindingly obvious Bournemouth had exposed out left hand side. Yet nothing was done.

In the heat of the moment this could all be a knee jerk from myself but it does highlight we have major floors. It's time for Martinez to play his best side and not the YES MEN

It's hard to be mad at Galloway for having to defend the left entirely on his own and failing. He was defending for his life and Kone wasn't even on my tv screen, not having the energy to track back. Kone also didn't have the energy to show for a pass, which negatively impacted everything that happened on that side of the pitch. This is all second-half Kone, mind.

I disagree on Kone. Kone's hold up and link-up play have been some of the best we've seen in a couple years from any attacker. Today was no different until about 60 minutes, when the rest of the team stopped making runs and getting into space, and he let a couple balls go. By 70 minutes, he was clearly gassed and needed to be subbed.

I only watched last 20 mins and he was dreadful. Left Galloway completely exposed and gave the ball away time and time again. I really do hate beating the drum but Martinez isn't playing his best 11.

I only watched last 20 mins and he was dreadful. Left Galloway completely exposed and gave the ball away time and time again. I really do hate beating the drum but Martinez isn't playing his best 11.

Watch the first half and see that Kone was playing some good stuff. He was working hard defensively, winning balls, holding it up well, making good passes. He simply lost all energy and Martinez left him out there to die.

Watch the first half and see that Kone was playing some good stuff. He was working hard defensively, winning balls, holding it up well, making good passes. He simply lost all energy and Martinez left him out there to die.

This all day long. He was fantastic in the first half but was fucked from about the 55th minute. How he wasn't subbed on the hour is beyond me.

Defensively , in the first half, thats as well as I have seen him play and I totally agree that Martinez has to carry the can because it was abundantly clear very early on in the second half that he should have come off

The game was crying out for Mirallas

I'm asking this question honestly with no smart-ass intention:

Could Howard have been the hero and made that last save or was that not savable? Would De Gea have made that save?

It was savable had he guessed right, De Gea would've saved it if he guessed right as would any decent keeper; but it was pretty point blank, Don't think he can be blamed.

Watched the first half with my son and we were elated. My wife works at a children's boutique and I left at halftime to go be Santa for the little kids (mine included) to get pictures. I'm buzzing after that half and check my phone thinking ole rom probably put another two in or maybe Gerry did. Hell the way we are playing Mori might have got another. Shocked to see the result. Watched highlights and just flabbergasted. Wtf?

Watched the first half with my son and we were elated. My wife works at a children's boutique and I left at halftime to go be Santa for the little kids (mine included) to get pictures. I'm buzzing after that half and check my phone thinking ole rom probably put another two in or maybe Gerry did. Hell the way we are playing Mori might have got another. Shocked to see the result. Watched highlights and just flabbergasted. Wtf?

We were screaming and jumping when Barkley went up 3-2. A few moments later, my 9-year old was in tears at the final whistle, and I felt like somebody stabbed me with an ice pick. That pretty much sums up the second half.

Edited by chalkpie

I haven't seen it and I don't want to. I stopped following it at half time as should have been a foregone conclusion - seems our dressing room did the same. Results like this for me expose Martinez's biggest flaw, a lack of a killer instinct.Fair play to Bournemouth, but a team with real ambitions of establishing themselves as European contenders don't give them the chance to come back. It's a flaw in character and that comes from the top.

Edited by nogs

Once again RM seems completely unable to influence a game that's going away from us.

Credit to Bornemouth they came back very well in the second half, but his complete lack of substitutions early in the second half was astounding.

Anyone watching the game could see we were in desperate need of some fresh legs and we get nothing.

We did not deserve to snatch a win from that game.

A few things...

If anyone questions mccarthy and his importance to our team - watch the performance before and after his injury. His energy and ability to stop the other team is crucial.

Leader. We haven't got one. I've said before we need a mouth on the pitch, someone who can shake up the players. If Rooney carries on, United may deliver him to us in the summer.

Martinez, he isn't exempt from criticism but FFS why does the words David Moyes get mentioned when RM has a bad day at the office??? Have people forgotten the 1-0 shut up shop tactics that seen us concede late equalisers under Moyes, who has been sacked from his second job for being shite.

Martinez does more good than bad, he isn't perfect and he does pisses me off. He seems to learn from mistakes - last year a great example. So let's just let him evolve, at least he appears to want to which is more than I could say for the former.

It looks no better this side of the morning. I'm still fuming.

+1.

I want to bury this thing, let it rot, and never think of it again. Pretty much the worst match bar none since I have been an EFC fan. It feels like 5 losses in one - at least. Gutted doesn't cover it sufficiently

Edited by chalkpie

By the rules of the game the ref has got to add 30 seconds for each substitute no matter if it's in injury time or not now that's probably where the extra time came from.

I mean what was the use of putting a sub on then anyway.

If the process of substitution delays the game yes, surely you don't add on thirty seconds if the substitution is made while the game is already stopped? Do they add it on if the sub is made at half time? It's the same thing.

like most Everton fans I woke up not only with a slight hangover but still fucked off to the Max. I paid to watch that shit yesterday so I now know how you faithful that watch week in week out feel after witnessing absolute shite.

The first half we were nowhere near at the level expected so to go in 2 up at half time was fortunate to say the least. Again we kept the ball as per usual but every time Bournemouth attacked we looked shaky as fuck at the back. Barry looked like he was treading water and don't get me started on Kone. Barry has been so much better up to this game so I'm hoping this was a blip but Kone needs to be benched for the next game.

Mcarthy ran his arse off so it's only when you see it in real time you can appreciate the effort he puts in. It was a shame that he was having to do Barry's running along with his own.

Now to sum up the 2nd half. That was probably the worst half of football....no you can't that football but the worst Everton half you will ever witness. What the fuck did Roberto say to those players at half time? I really can't be bothered to say anymore about that 2nd half. I haven't watched any highlights of the game nor do I intend to. As football games go this was a sickener.., and them some.

The only possible way to drag me out of this hole is to book a semi final date at Wembley on Tuesday night. Only then might I forgot or at least try to forget that fucking shambles yesterday.