IGNORED

Ivan Perisic

Quality player this. I'd be happy with Perisic as our left winger. Yarmalenko plays on the right cutting into his left foot, we have Lennon and Gerry who are only effective wide right and we've been using square pegs for round holes long enough. If Rom goes as mentioned before, Lacazette would be unreal.

I don't mind selfish players as long as they have the quality to back it up.

Yeah true, and I'm always a fan of Perisic, I've enjoyed him since he played for my local club. However, I know by now what you guys tend to like and what you tend to dislike regardless of effectiveness and that's what gets me a little worried with Perisic. It tends to be a little more about perception of a player's attitude rather than anything else. I recall that for every goal he scored, he wasted so many chances, whether it be at Bruges, Dortmund, Wolfsburg or Croatia. Also; he's a mercenary. Like every other footballer in the world: don't expect club loyalty from him, but especially not from him.

All that said, again, I'm still a big fan of the guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone we are linked with atm is just ridiculous. We don't even have a manager to want players.

Exactly right. The new manager will look at the players he inherits, decide how he wants to play and then bring in players who will fit into the mould. Speculation at this stage is meaningless.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...