IGNORED

Are other cuisines as popular abroad as they are in the States?

Fries are skinny, chippy chips are chunky and they're just to die for :lol:.

id rephrase slightly

Fries are hollow sticks of reused fat

Chips are chunky, whilst being fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outide

Chippy chips are chunky grease sponges which have you licking your fingers. Which is pointless, because you're only going to shove your hand in there again and get covered.

I prefer home made chips but I don't half miss havin a chippy around the corner. My body however, is quite grateful :)

Edited by Matt

id rephrase slightly

Chippy chips are chunky grease sponges which have you licking your fingers. Which is pointless, because you're only going to shove your hand in there again and get covered.

I prefer home made chips but I don't half miss havin a chippy around the corner. My body however, is quite grateful :)

You've explained it way better :).

The best chippy chips are from proper chip shops too. Fuck those 4 in 1 places that do pizzas, burgers etc because they're chips are shit. The best chippy I've ever been to was called Johnny's. Louis might know of it. People actually used to come from all over the Wirral to go there. The best chips going. And the savouries... Sexual :lol:. Unfortunately after he retired his son took over but didn't last long and sold up, with the new owners just serving pools of horrible grease :(.

I still do a pilgrimage to Michaels (at least it was, now the Continental I think) in Moreton. Cracking chippy chips and, knowing the impact of what I'm about to say, probably my favourite burgers in the world

:lol: that is a decent chippy, I'll admit. I like their chicken fried rice.

id rephrase slightly

This just blew my mind.

I'm only of aware of Fries and the different names in front of them (crinkle, waffle, shoestrings, etc.)

This just blew my mind.

I'm only of aware of Fries and the different names in front of them (crinkle, waffle, shoestrings, etc.)

Agree with the other lads proper chippy chips can't be beaten if your ever over here a good chippy is a must to try

The only time I'll ever eat fries is if I get a McDonald's or KFC which is a rarity

Agree with the other lads proper chippy chips can't be beaten if your ever over here a good chippy is a must to try

The only time I'll ever eat fries is if I get a McDonald's or KFC which is a rarity

I definitely plan on making a trip over there, so I'll add those to the bucket list.

Rubes, what's the main difference between a crumpet and muffin?

I definitely plan on making a trip over there, so I'll add those to the bucket list.

Rubes, what's the main difference between a crumpet and muffin?

Sorry to intrude, but the main difference is that they're totally different.

The question is a bit like asking, "What's the difference between a scone and a chocolate brownie?".

Sorry to intrude, but the main difference is that they're totally different.

The question is a bit like asking, "What's the difference between a scone and a chocolate brownie?".

Haha okay, so I guess a better question then is what the hell is a crumpet?

I refuse to Google it and demand answers.

As kids, especially on cold, wet nights (in other words, most evenings), we'd stop by a local chip shop and ask for some batter. They'd scoop floating remnants from the fryer, put them in newspaper, and shake on salt and vinegar. It didn't taste too great, and was desperately unhealthy, but it was hot. When you're cold and hungry, you'll take anything that's Harry Freers.

Crumpets are wonderful hot toasted crumpets are wonderful

Hot toasted crumpets covered in real butter are wonderful

Amongst the great food wonders of the world are hot toasted crumpets, smothered in real butter and toasted over an open coal fire by my gran. The melted butter runs all over your fingers and down your chin and fuck me you really do not care.

Crumpets can be done in a toaster or under a grill and margarine is acceptable, it gives a slight hint of what my gran used to make for me (god bless her)

Margarine is never acceptable unless you hate the person you're giving it too...

Fer gawds sake Matt they are Americans and they dunno the difference between muffins and crumpets, how in hell can they tell the difference between butter and marge :rofl::rofl:

(Just joking lads .... honest)

Ever had a blob of strawberry jam on a crumpet? Did it slide right off? LOL

Fer gawds sake Matt they are Americans and they dunno the difference between muffins and crumpets, how in hell can they tell the difference between butter and marge :rofl::rofl:

(Just joking lads .... honest)

Ever had a blob of strawberry jam on a crumpet? Did it slide right off? LOL

no jam! what's wrong with you!