Hafnia

Referendum  

50 members have voted

1. 1. In or out?

• Stay in
    • Leave

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, johnh said:

Way to go.  Got to get over 17 million.  (Plus they have to eliminate all the bogus signatures.)

I don't think the petition has had quite the level of publicity, amount of campaigning or a fraction of the timescale of the referendum John, only been up for a few days.

Bogus signatures? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47668946

Shame we couldn't eliminate all the bogus promises from the referendum campaign eh?

Why aren't we seeing a backlash from Brexiteers to demonstrate against the fact we aren't leaving on the 29th and with a possibility we may not leave for a very long time, could it be that people who voted out in the main hope it's reversed without having to show they got it wrong, hence no backlash to what happened this week.

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Why aren't we seeing a backlash from Brexiteers to demonstrate against the fact we aren't leaving on the 29th and with a possibility we may not leave for a very long time, could it be that people who voted out in the main hope it's reversed without having to show they got it wrong, hence no backlash to what happened this week.

Oh but we are, just look at the size of the crowds as Farage marches; puts London to shame.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/gallery/nigel-farage-nottinghamshire-march-leave-2678541

I assume Boris is still in a fallout bunker somewhere waiting for it to be safe to emerge and take over the reins.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Oh but we are, just look at the size of the crowds as Farage marches; puts London to shame.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/gallery/nigel-farage-nottinghamshire-march-leave-2678541

I assume Boris is still in a fallout bunker somewhere waiting for it to be safe to emerge and take over the reins.

😂. Boris is preparing to change his identity he's had a proper hair cut lost 4 stone in weight in a hope he won't be recognised when he starts his new life as a balanced person.

48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I voted out, I wish it would be reversed now. What I saw as an opportunity has become a shambles. Wish it all just didn’t happen. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I voted out, I wish it would be reversed now. What I saw as an opportunity has become a shambles. Wish it all just didn’t happen. 

Sure you're far from alone mate, unfortunately not many are big enough to acknowledge their mistake even when it's so blindingly obvious it's going to be a disaster.

(Petition over 4.5 million now) 

To be fair, and honest, I think with the right leadership leaving could be really good for the country. Someone with a plan, some ambition and some positivity, but that’s not really what we’ve ended up with. 

I don’t think voting leave was a mistake, I think the mistake is the shambles the government have made of it. I also think 60% should have been a minimum threshold for the referendum  

I actually think Boris would have made a better go of it than May, it’s just a big mess now that could have just done without. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

To be fair, and honest, I think with the right leadership leaving could be really good for the country. Someone with a plan, some ambition and some positivity, but that’s not really what we’ve ended up with. 

I don’t think voting leave was a mistake, I think the mistake is the shambles the government have made of it. I also think 60% should have been a minimum threshold for the referendum  

I actually think Boris would have made a better go of it than May, it’s just a big mess now that could have just done without. 

It was hijacked by party politics from all sides and a battle for the leadership of the Tories.

The one thing I will never forgive the Tories for is that they were the party that offered Brexit but have never had plan in place to deliver it, that in my opinion gross incompetence with the finances and welfare of this country and it's citizens.

I agree Palfy. It was like they were so confident that remain would win that they didn’t have a plan. Now it’s just a mess. I thought if any party could get a game plan to leave and be totally selfish and only think about the UK it would be them, but they were too busy fighting. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Wouldn’t be a general election though would it? 

No it won’t, but I would hope anyone who comes in calls one. I’m bored of non elected leaders with agendas that haven’t been put to the population. 

Wont happen anyway. 

54 minutes ago, StevO said:

No it won’t, but I would hope anyone who comes in calls one. I’m bored of non elected leaders with agendas that haven’t been put to the population. 

Wont happen anyway. 

I think after how many seats they conceded when May called hers, they won’t risk it. They’re more interested in keeping power than anything else. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Now past five million.

This is becoming a testament to the people who new they were right and wouldn’t give up, history will show that Brexiteers will owe the remainers the biggest debt of gratitude for correcting a huge wrong. 

leave or remain we all agree that mrs mat has fucked  up the brexit talks.   but I can not reverse my decision  anyone here changed their minds?

I would feel hypocritical to change my mind now  but I still think   am right

although I know others may feel the  same

28 minutes ago, rubecula said:

leave or remain we all agree that mrs mat has fucked  up the brexit talks.   but I can not reverse my decision  anyone here changed their minds?

Hoping that’s a typo, unless my wife has had a body change! 

I don’t think, I know I’m right 😛 

1 hour ago, rubecula said:

I wouldn’t say it was hypocritical more a case of you’ve seen the error of your ways 😉, to be honest if there was a re-run of the referendum I don’t think the turn out would be as high, the remainers would come out in force and the Brexiteers who now have a doubt will abstain from the vote for pretty much the same reasons you mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I wouldn’t say it was hypocritical more a case of you’ve seen the error of your ways 😉, to be honest if there was a re-run of the referendum I don’t think the turn out would be as high, the remainers would come out in force and the Brexiteers who now have a doubt will abstain from the vote for pretty much the same reasons you mentioned. 

It's a bit like the passengers on the Titanic having a vote and the majority saying they'd quite like to have a closer look at that iceberg in the distance; captain changes course and goes full steam ahead crying, "the people have spoken!".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47693645

Captured.JPG

Captures.JPG

Capture.JPG