IGNORED

Predict our result: 2016/2017 season

Cornish Steve

Here are the final results. Drum roll please...

For this final game, six people shared the top spot with 5 points: AidanLewis, Matt, MikeO, nyblue23, Romey1878, and TonkaRoost. The forum's predictions were excellent: Many of us were within just one goal of the correct score.

The overall winner this year is MikeO, with 114 points - a full 10 points ahead of his closest challenger.

MikeO also claimed the top spot per prediction, with an average score of 3.0. AidanLewis finished second with 2.94. (Incidentally, if aaron had predicted more games, he would have tied MikeO for top spot.)

For the month of May, Matt won by a single point. Only Matt and AidanLewis managed to win the monthly contest twice.

Over the course of 38 games, MikeO and Matt scored the most points for 9 of those games.

According to the wisdom of crowds, it's difficult for anyone to beat the average of all predictions. Four people managed it this season: MikeO, AidanLewis, Romey1878, and myself.

Ten people managed to score a 10-pointer this season; no one managed that feat more than once.

And yes, Rubecula did finish in the top third of the table.

Thank you to everyone who participated this season in the prediction contest. It was close right to the end.

May%2021_zpszd6dqmbk.jpg

Post No.1.

Now get out there and beat MikeO, our reigning champion.

Nice try worms, same time same place next year :P.

Thanks for doing this again Steve. Funny enough I thought at the start of the season if I averaged three points a game it should do it and I was exactly that. Spooky.

Well in Steve, I'll be taking part for the full season next time round, so Mike, watch you back ;)

Bring it on junior :lol:.

Post No.1.

Nice try worms, same time same place next year :P.

Thanks for doing this again Steve. Funny enough I thought at the start of the season if I averaged three points a game it should do it and I was exactly that. Spooky.

Bring it on junior :lol:.

Beware Mike I am coming to get you too. :rofl: