IGNORED

Bastian Schweinsteiger

Matt, Everything you have said above can also be said of Stekkers, and Jags who missed a few games, Williams couldn't have been so fantastic they have both accumulated a lot more votes than him, the difference is they have both been crucified lately for poor games, but not a word has been said about Williams's very average performances.

Strange how people protect their favourites and prefer to say nothing if they can't find a reason to praise them.!

Edited by Bill

Williams is an average defender he doesn't have fantastic games nor really poor games I personally don't think he is the sole reason why our defence appears better it's more due to the fact that the midfield have been tightened up where under Martinez he let them wander all over the place in his quest to play total football

Haha Pete, one of the best in the league !! don't make me laugh, he got all his five votes in the game against Stoke, not one person has given him a single vote in his other nine games. One of the best my arse ROFL.

You're reading into a forum's voting system too much which really doesn't reflect whole contribution of every player in each match. As it is we vote for the best player on the pitch - if we win this is usually Rom or Barkley or Bolassie. Gueye has gained loads of votes as we've been awestruck by his workrate. The flaw in our voting system is that we're only choosing the BEST player in any single match. Stek had a worldly vs Man C so got however-many votes - that doesn't reflect consistency it shows he had one very good game which was better than any other player. Williams is just consistent and has been and still is one of the best in our league which more detailed stats will show. I'm not knocking Mike's MOTM system (which he does a great job at btw) but if you want to use it in the way you're trying to, the evidence would come from an average score based on every player getting a mark out of ten every game.

Matt, he hasn't made any impact at all he's done no more than any other defender, as a total of only 5 votes in ten matches would suggest.

couldnt care less what the TT poll says, he has clearly been instrumental in the improvements we've seen at the back (though to clarify, obviously not solely down to him)

No matter who gets the man of the match, there is usually 3 or 4 other players who in the opinion of forum members deserve, and get a vote.

Not one person voted for Williams in 9 of his 10 games, in fact in that Man city game that you said he should have been MOTM, lukaku, got two votes Oviedo got one vote probably a joke vote, but not one person thought Williams played well enough to give him a vote.

I don't want to get into an argument with anybody over this, my only reason for bringing this up was because he came here with a lot of hype about how good he was, and how happy people were that we got him.

I personally think he's been very average and 32 year old players are not what I want to see being signed by the club.

Just my Opinion.

Edited by Bill

No matter who gets the man of the match, there is usually 3 or 4 other players who in the opinion of forum members deserve, and get a vote.

Not one person voted for Williams in 9 of his 10 games, in fact in that Man city game that you said he could have been MOTM, lukaku, got two votes Oviedo got one vote but nobody thought he played well enough to give him a vote.

I don't want to get into an argument with anybody over this, my only reason for bringing this up was because he came here with a lot of hype about how good he was, and how happy people were that we got him.

I personally think he's been very average and 32 year old players are not what I want to see being signed by the club.

Just my Opinion.

Dennis Irwin rarely won man of the match but was first name of the sheet for Fergie for years.

Williams is a no nonsense player - he isn't going to stand out like stones, for many good reasons I may add. With an unchanged back 5 he has been solid.

You're reading into a forum's voting system too much which really doesn't reflect whole contribution of every player in each match. As it is we vote for the best player on the pitch - if we win this is usually Rom or Barkley or Bolassie. Gueye has gained loads of votes as we've been awestruck by his workrate. The flaw in our voting system is that we're only choosing the BEST player in any single match. Stek had a worldly vs Man C so got however-many votes - that doesn't reflect consistency it shows he had one very good game which was better than any other player. Williams is just consistent and has been and still is one of the best in our league which more detailed stats will show. I'm not knocking Mike's MOTM system (which he does a great job at btw) but if you want to use it in the way you're trying to, the evidence would come from an average score based on every player getting a mark out of ten every game.

Be good if we could start a "top 3" and give out favorite 3 points then the other two 2 and 1 respectively.

Who does the voting system, is it Mike?

Why have you never given him a vote Haf.?

Because only 1 player gets the vote - you cant vote for everyone who plays well. Idrissa Gueuye bar 1 or 2 games has been outstanding - does that mean Williams has been poor because he never got the vote? Of course not.

Williams has been very solid and is a big improvement on John Stones from a defensive perspective - simple as that.

Give me a centre half that gives you no less than 7/10 and no more than 8/10 and I will show you a Dave Watson or a Richard Gough - Williams is cut from the same cloth.

Your 10/10 one week and 5/10 next week John Stones of this world can go and play fancy football elsewhere.