IGNORED

Managers discussion/Managers you admire/Managers you could see managing Everton one day.... in a very long time (speculative thread)

• 4 weeks later...

Niko Kovac at Eintracht Frankfurt is doing an excellent job - has them in 6th, and I don't believe they usually fight for Europe in the division - Managed Croatia and also comes from the RB Salzburg set up, a place renowned for developing youth talent. Lots of talented coaches in Germany.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Stoke appoint Gary Rowett, well done. Did a great job at both Birmingham and Derby. Think he's as likely as any to get them back up, and I think that if I were a manager, Peter Coates and that management would absolutely be somebody I'd like to work for given their track record (Not sacking the manager, willingness to spend some).

Graham Potter rumored to Swansea as well as Chris Coleman. Even Frank De Boer and Jaap Stam's names are being mentioned. Much tougher club to jump into in its current state.

WHU appoint Pellegrini. I would think he's a better pick than a lot of previous West Ham managers, but think his best days are in the past. 

Arsenal get Unai Emery - Think he's a good manager but sounds like he's not going to get much to spend for a squad that desperately needs bolstering at defensive mid and the back.

2 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Stoke appoint Gary Rowett, well done. Did a great job at both Birmingham and Derby. Think he's as likely as any to get them back up, and I think that if I were a manager, Peter Coates and that management would absolutely be somebody I'd like to work for given their track record (Not sacking the manager, willingness to spend some).

Graham Potter rumored to Swansea as well as Chris Coleman. Even Frank De Boer and Jaap Stam's names are being mentioned. Much tougher club to jump into in its current state.

WHU appoint Pellegrini. I would think he's a better pick than a lot of previous West Ham managers, but think his best days are in the past. 

Arsenal get Unai Emery - Think he's a good manager but sounds like he's not going to get much to spend for a squad that desperately needs bolstering at defensive mid and the back.

just read an article on Emery by Gab Marcotti that explains why he's perfect for Arsenal.  In a nutshell, he's never slated the clubs he's worked at and always acted like they are doing him a favor just keeping him on staff.  Happy to work with little to nothing in transfers while his main assets are sold year in/out (see sevilla and valencia).  sounds like a perfect fit for Kroenke ran Arsenal:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Another one that’s likely to go spectacularly wrong. 

I've seen things from him on the pitch... in interviews and as a pundit that makes me believe he will be a success.

Talks very well,  handled players like drogba and dicanio trying to take the ball off him for penalties.  By all accounts his peers at BT and production staff rate him highly - consumate professional.

I think I heard him taking strips off a journalist once who brought his children into a piece... he rang them up on air and handed their arses to them. 

There's much more to football management but I think he will have the intelligence/man management side sorted. 

25 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I've seen things from him on the pitch... in interviews and as a pundit that makes me believe he will be a success.

Talks very well,  handled players like drogba and dicanio trying to take the ball off him for penalties.  By all accounts his peers at BT and production staff rate him highly - consumate professional.

I think I heard him taking strips off a journalist once who brought his children into a piece... he rang them up on air and handed their arses to them. 

There's much more to football management but I think he will have the intelligence/man management side sorted. 

I have liked what I have seen/heard from him since he hung up his boots but then again I thought the same as Neville and look how that went!

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I have liked what I have seen/heard from him since he hung up his boots but then again I thought the same as Neville and look how that went!

I still don't think the Valencia gig really tarnishes him.... one strange club that. 

2 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

You're so pessimistic Romey.

Ok. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

That’s nice and all but he’s done absolutely nothing anywhere. Being a good talker on the tv and having a go at a journalist are hardly key aspects of being a successful manager. 

That being said I actually like him and hope he does well. 

I think Lampard will do alright - his dad and uncle will be vital links for him for advice etc. He’s not rushed into it like many other ex-players and in Derby, he’s got a great job - decent team already with top facilities. If Lampard can pull a few strings e.g loans from Chelsea etc. I think he’ll do well in what will be a very competitive league.