IGNORED

What about now? Sack the manager?

Koeman was given more time. Is your view today the same as before or different?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Not yet. He deserves more time.
  2. 2. Who should replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within
    • Someone from elsewhere
    • Answered 'no' to the first question

Koeman took over an ageing squad and spent £200m and made  them perform worse than they had before..... 

Actually Koeman/ Steve Walsh spent a pittance and got them back in Europe, then he / Steve Walsh ( who you seem to absolve of all blame, presumably because he’s not your latest obsession ) then spunked £140m and in the first few games it does indeed look like we’ve gone backwards, but mainly because we haven’t replaced your last obsession

Whose fault that is , is open to debate. Whilst I personally think he should be given more time I wouldn’t exactly lose sleep if he went

We're not getting results due largely to team management as Koeman hasn't a clue where he sees this squad, we've dropped points against teams that should have been for the taking notwithstanding the fact we had 'top' teams to play in our first half dozen games. Ok if we win against Lyon we are still in with a shout of the Europa knock out, not holding breath. Despite Arsenal's melt down Can't see us getting a win. Koeman looks like a man down in his prezzers - and I can't say I like that - but obviously holding on for the marching order along with the pay cheque.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Actually Koeman/ Steve Walsh spent a pittance and got them back in Europe, then he / Steve Walsh ( who you seem to absolve of all blame, presumably because he’s not your latest obsession ) then spunked £140m and in the first few games it does indeed look like we’ve gone backwards, but mainly because we haven’t replaced your last obsession

Whose fault that is , is open to debate. Whilst I personally think he should be given more time I wouldn’t exactly lose sleep if he went

Obsession? As in trying to prove what a super loyal blue I am?

No...  my belief is that koeman has a huge say over the signings.  Walsh is a glorified scout/negotiator.  Is it just a coincidence that schneiderlin and Martina have played for him before or that he's scouted Davie Klassen for a while?

Whether you like it or not koeman has had an influx of players mainly in the central midfield area and elsewhere and he is tactically shite....  even if he had players of a lesser ilk bought in I would expect to see a better brand of football than this shocking load of crap we are witnessing. 

It all ends with Koeman. If Walsh is accountable then he can get lost too but im pretty sure these young talented kids like lookman, onyekeru, vlassic are his hallmark. 

Prepared to give him more time?  You'd probably still be happy to watch Davie moyes serve up 4-5-1 with his 2006 scouting database churning out 34 year old players. 

Sorry dunc but mediocrity has been suffered for far too long. 

Obsession? As in trying to prove what a super loyal blue I am?
No...  my belief is that koeman has a huge say over the signings.  Walsh is a glorified scout/negotiator.  Is it just a coincidence that schneiderlin and Martina have played for him before or that he's scouted Davie Klassen for a while?
Whether you like it or not koeman has had an influx of players mainly in the central midfield area and elsewhere and he is tactically shite....  even if he had players of a lesser ilk bought in I would expect to see a better brand of football than this shocking load of crap we are witnessing. 
It all ends with Koeman. If Walsh is accountable then he can get lost too but im pretty sure these young talented kids like lookman, onyekeru, vlassic are his hallmark. 
Prepared to give him more time?  You'd probably still be happy to watch Davie moyes serve up 4-5-1 with his 2006 scouting database churning out 34 year old players. 
Sorry dunc but mediocrity has been suffered for far too long. 

I’ve never even commented on whether you are a super loyal blue or not , so no I wasn’t referring to that . I was referring to the way you go on one as soon as you decide you don’t like someone , it becomes some sort of personal crusade to convince anyone who will listen , and the ones that won’t, that the latest target of your ire is the devil reincarnated

For the record yes I would rather we were solid at the back and regular top 7 side than where we are at the moment

Oh and Moyes had an excellent scouting network he just didn’t have any cash available to act on it

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’ve never even commented on whether you are a super loyal blue or not , so no I wasn’t referring to that . I was referring to the way you go on one as soon as you decide you don’t like someone , it becomes some sort of personal crusade to convince anyone who will listen , and the ones that won’t, that the latest target of your ire is the devil reincarnated

For the record yes I would rather we were solid at the back and regular top 7 side than where we are at the moment

Oh and Moyes had an excellent scouting network he just didn’t have any cash available to act on it

I think you need to understand my viewpoint....... if I believe we have a manager at the helm or a chairman or a player who is either holding us back, disrespecting us, and generally not performing then I will pick them up on it....

Unfortunately some Evertonians seem to think that 7th is a good result for us.... that's called apathy.  If all fans had such limited appetite then we will find ourselves doing a villa or forest. 

I mean imagine having a manager spend £200m on collecting overpaid players with no idea of how to use them - saddling the club with toxic contracts leaving his successor to pick up the pieces and having to rely on bringing kids through whilst the likes of Curtis Davies pick up the remainder of their mega contract in the reserves...... yep that's martin oneill for you right there. All done whilst the new owner bought a training ground, enhanced the stadium.....and backed the manager to the point that he ran away after squandering all the cash - unable to sell his misfits to buy new players.

We need to learn from history - this isn't me brainwashing - its highlighting facts.

I think you need to understand my viewpoint....... if I believe we have a manager at the helm or a chairman or a player who is either holding us back, disrespecting us, and generally not performing then I will pick them up on it....

Unfortunately some Evertonians seem to think that 7th is a good result for us.... that's called apathy.  If all fans had such limited appetite then we will find ourselves doing a villa or forest. 

I mean imagine having a manager spend £200m on collecting overpaid players with no idea of how to use them - saddling the club with toxic contracts leaving his successor to pick up the pieces and having to rely on bringing kids through whilst the likes of Curtis Davies pick up the remainder of their mega contract in the reserves...... yep that's martin oneill for you right there. All done whilst the new owner bought a training ground, enhanced the stadium.....and backed the manager to the point that he ran away after squandering all the cash - unable to sell his misfits to buy new players.

We need to learn from history - this isn't me brainwashing - its highlighting facts.

You are as entitled to your opinion as the next man, but you need to learn to differentiate between fact and opinion

In the Moyes days I think top 7 was a good result, that’s not apathy it’s realism. We were regularly punching above our weight when you consider the financial restraints he was under

That’s all changed now that Moshiri is pumping money in, 7th is no longer acceptable

There is no doubting we should be doing better given the money spent , Koeman has been in this position before with both Everton and Southampton and he has got out of it each time to end up having a good seasons .That’s not the sign of a man who is as clueless as you make him out to be

So I think he deserves a bit of time to get it right, yes he needs to sort it sooner rather than later or he will be free to put whatever coloured lights he wants to on his Christmas tree

Financial restraints? We couldn't spend because he demanded such big wages. He was one of the highest paid managers in the world and finished exactly where the wage bill would predict us to. 

The team he took over was a top 7 squad with a bottom 3 manager. Easiest job in football. No pressure and massive wages for finishing exactly where any competent manager would. 

Financial restraints? We couldn't spend because he demanded such big wages. He was one of the highest paid managers in the world and finished exactly where the wage bill would predict us to. 
The team he took over was a top 7 squad with a bottom 3 manager. Easiest job in football. No pressure and massive wages for finishing exactly where any competent manager would. 

No we didn’t Pete , we’ve been through this before and I posted in here somewhere the facts about our wage bill v league position that blew that myth out of the water and if you honestly believe the squad he inherited from Walter Smith was capable of top 7 then you need to put the glue down

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

No we didn’t Pete , we’ve been through this before and I posted in here somewhere the facts about our wage bill v league position that blew that myth out of the water and if you honestly believe the squad he inherited from Walter Smith was capable of top 7 then you need to put the glue down

Sure you did Davie.