IGNORED

What about now? Sack the manager?

Koeman was given more time. Is your view today the same as before or different?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Not yet. He deserves more time.
  2. 2. Who should replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within
    • Someone from elsewhere
    • Answered 'no' to the first question

27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'm not for a moment suggesting it's going to happen; just putting it out there that fan power can be wrong. Supposedly Mark Robins saving Fergie from the sack in 1990 is another example, probably the biggest. Glad I'm not the man making the decision.

Yeah I know. For sure.

It's always a gamble and a 'what if'.

I'm sure though that if needs must, he'll be gone. Whereas if it was just nice old Uncle Bill on his own, it would be allowed to carry on for too long.

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Food for thought... 

After 50 games Martinez had a 55% win ratio, Koeman has 44%.

Always wanted to keep Martinez for one more window.

Think I was the only and still am the only one though.

I was a big Martinez supporter and gave him 2 and a bit seasons, partly because we could see the improvement in that first season, and partly because we knew he had a plan, we could see what he was trying to do.

With Koeman there was an improvement in the first season, we were fitter, faster, more aggressive and it worked, but I never got an sense of what his plan was, what sort of football he wanted to play. I still don't know, and now I'm not sure he knows and that is the problem, he has all the pieces of the jigsaw but he does not know what the picture is he is trying to make.

I think he is lost, so focused on the detail he can't see the bigger picture, he is trapped in the trenches. That's what separates managers like Ferguson, Kendell, Clough from the rest, they can see the bigger picture and have a plan to get there. When things get tough they still know how to get there, they have faith in their plan a vision that the players believe in and strive to achieve it.

As long as Koeman does not know how he wants his team to play, what formation, then neither can the players. He can never know what his best 11 is because he does not know what he wants. For me that's why he is not a top manager and therefore he needs to go.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don't agree with that wisdom you could give two managers the same squad and get very different tactics and results.

Have to disagree, there are lots of examples of managers getting different results, Big Sam at practically any of the relegation threatened sides he has saved. Ancilotti at Chelsea, Klopp at Liverpool.

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Have to disagree, there are lots of examples of managers getting different results, Big Sam at practically any of the relegation threatened sides he has saved. Ancilotti at Chelsea, Klopp at Liverpool.

That's what I said, what do you disagree with don't quite follow your response.

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

I'm still 'No'. But it's getting bloody difficult.

Game by game, I'm struggling.

My thing is, I know he's better than this. I've never been sure as to whether he is the man to take us up to the next level, as in constant top 4 and closer to title challenges. So I would never be surprised if he didnt do that. But I did think he was capable of enabling us to push for 4th. Or at least cementing our place up there once and for all.

Keeping the faith is getting harder with each passing game.

I know he isn't, my evidence is Haf's post in the other thread,  but I am open to your evidence Newty.

55 minutes ago, rubecula said:

I know he isn't, my evidence is Haf's post in the other thread,  but I am open to your evidence Newty.

I don't know why I'm going to do this because it will go down like an acid attack, I know I'm wasting my time at the moment...in fact, anyone who says anything other than 'Sack him now' seems to be wasting their time at the moment!!!

The reason why I think he can do better than this (people need to keep perspective of what is actually being said here, and read what is write...quite a few misread posts recently!!!) is his 2 seasons at Soton. He arrived there and had the core ripped from the team...twice. Yet he still finished 6th and 7th with above average football being played and a defensive record above his finishes. Then he comes here and turns us around in his first season.

Yes I know I know...i can predict exactly what will be said because it's all been said before.

Like I said, I think he's better than this. But I'm not sure he's the man to take us to the next level (and I said that some time ago). However, he may have got too big for his boots and fucked himself over here. He really is not helping himself. And if he falls on his sword, then so be it. We move on.

8 hours ago, Newty82 said:

I don't know why I'm going to do this because it will go down like an acid attack, I know I'm wasting my time at the moment...in fact, anyone who says anything other than 'Sack him now' seems to be wasting their time at the moment!!!

The reason why I think he can do better than this (people need to keep perspective of what is actually being said here, and read what is write...quite a few misread posts recently!!!) is his 2 seasons at Soton. He arrived there and had the core ripped from the team...twice. Yet he still finished 6th and 7th with above average football being played and a defensive record above his finishes. Then he comes here and turns us around in his first season.

Yes I know I know...i can predict exactly what will be said because it's all been said before.

Like I said, I think he's better than this. But I'm not sure he's the man to take us to the next level (and I said that some time ago). However, he may have got too big for his boots and fucked himself over here. He really is not helping himself. And if he falls on his sword, then so be it. We move on.

Fair enough  I asked an honest question and I got an honest answer.  I may not agree with everything but honesty is all we need.  Who am I to criticise, I have opinions that many ridicule myself.

5 hours ago, rubecula said:

Fair enough  I asked an honest question and I got an honest answer.  I may not agree with everything but honesty is all we need.  Who am I to criticise, I have opinions that many ridicule myself.

It's important for people to recognise that we won't all agree on all things, especially at times when shit is hitting the fan. Shouldnt stop us from sharing our thoughts.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

also we have talent, we know the minute we get rid of koeman we can turn it around.  this isn't sunderland where you can't find a player anywhere on the roster.  that's why i'm willing to give him more time, we have the players, just need to click and get into gear.  i don't fear relegation.

I agree, which is so frustrating that Koeman can't get the best out of them. I came the conclusion that he has had enough time and should go. I think if we don;t play well against Leon and Arsenal and get a win out of one of those matches he will be gone.

So Leicester don't think a draw v West Brom, taking their winless run to 6 games is good enough and sack their manager. Our board, on the other hand, having won just one in six, sitting two points above Leicester, and having lost a game more in the last six too, think a draw at Brighton is ok...

We will lose on Thursday, I'm convinced of it. Then we'll be all but out of Europe, how can Koeman's position be tenable? But if we do lose, and he is sacked, then the board need to take some responsibility. He should have gone yesterday, given Unsworth the chance to fire the team up for Thursday and rescue our season.

I fucking despair at this club sometimes.