IGNORED

What about now? Sack the manager?

Koeman was given more time. Is your view today the same as before or different?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Koeman?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Not yet. He deserves more time.
  2. 2. Who should replace him if we sack him?

• Promote from within
    • Someone from elsewhere
    • Answered 'no' to the first question

Moyes' defence were not excellent for about his last three seasons. He'd lost his touch, and never addressed set pieces. 

That is simply not true, in his last season we only conceded 40 goals , a record only bettered by City, Arsenal and Chelsea

Leon Osman also wrote in his book that one of the biggest differences with Martinez was that he didn’t believe in practising set pieces at all as opposed to Moyes who was meticulous drilled the side in how to defend them

43 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That is simply not true, in his last season we only conceded 40 goals , a record only bettered by City, Arsenal and Chelsea

Leon Osman also wrote in his book that one of the biggest differences with Martinez was that he didn’t believe in practising set pieces at all as opposed to Moyes who was meticulous drilled the side in how to defend them

Is an was also questioned about that said..” of course we practised set pieces, I meant that he believed in keeping the ball more than set pieces.

irrelevant to your argument I know, but too many people use that one.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Martinez took over a top 6 side and destroyed it, Koeman has inherited the wreckage so not really a fair comparison

Albeit we do seem to be heading in the same direction at the moment

Martinez took over a side that finished 7th.... he took them to 5th narrowly missing out on 4th with some great football. 

He then lost his way and finished 11th.

Koeman took pretty much the same players who nearly finished 4th and 11th and got a 7th place finish.

He is now heading for disaster after spending £150m. 

None of the above managers were good enough to take Everton to where we need to be. 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

And wasn't that obvious?

Out of interest (Josh just told me this because he saw it on a video) in 2008/9 we had eight points from out first eight games (including home losses to Blackburn and Portsmouth and draws v Hull away & Newcastle home); we'd been knocked out of the League Cup by Blackburn and out of the Europa by Standard Liege.

Ninth game Phil Neville cuts Ronaldo in half, Felli scores to secure a point and team transformed.

Ended the season 5th and in the FA Cup Final.

Just saying.

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Out of interest (Josh just told me this because he saw it on a video) in 2008/9 we had eight points from out first eight games (including home losses to Blackburn and Portsmouth and draws v Hull away & Newcastle home); we'd been knocked out of the League Cup by Blackburn and out of the Europa by Standard Liege.

Ninth game Phil Neville cuts Ronaldo in half, Felli scores to secure a point and team transformed.

Just saying.

I remember the game and the tackle, but that was a Moyes' team, who for all his faults had a game plan and a way of playing the team bought into.

I just don't think Koeman for all his obvious talents has any idea of how he wants his teams to play (except with aggression and pace - which should be a given for Everton), or what the game plan is. 

He just looks lost. I hope I am wrong and that we get a result against Leon and Arsenal, who are there for the taking after the Watford result.

44 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just saying.

We now (if we can catch folk) cut people in half, get  carded and concede a goal from the free kick.  If we get away with it, we gain possession pass the ball back goalie hoofs it up field, we lose possession and concede a goal.  Other than that we have nobody on the pitch who can put the ball in the net from  crosses.

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That's only because we never went to win a game. We played for a 0-0 and hoped to nick it. 

I know that's not really your point but if that Moyes side tried to attack they would have shipped a lot more goals! 

58 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just saying.

Keep clutching at straws

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Martinez took over a side that finished 7th.... he took them to 5th narrowly missing out on 4th with some great football. 

Koeman took pretty much the same players who nearly finished 4th and 11th and got a 7th place finish.

None of the above managers were good enough to take Everton to where we need to be. 

Martinez inherited a team that finished 6th

3 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

One of the most definitive moments in recent times Mike I remember the lift it gave us, like a light had been switched 

Hopefully we can beat Lyon and it have a similar effect sadly can't see it happening though  😩

I like how people cling on to that moment. I don't remember a similar thing ever happening before or after but because it happened once it can happen again! 😁

9 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

One of the most definitive moments in recent times Mike I remember the lift it gave us, like a light had been switched 

Hopefully we can beat Lyon and it have a similar effect sadly can't see it happening though  😩

Up there with the draw at unbeaten Chelsea in 2005 for me; that year we had three points from eight games (again? synchronicity) while they were top with twenty. Watched it in a bar in Greece full of Chelsea fans:P.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I like how people cling on to that moment. I don't remember a similar thing ever happening before or after but because it happened once it can happen again! 😁

Let us have blind hope Bailey!! 

Great stuff Mike it does and always has stood out for me as one of "those moments"

Martinez finished 11th twice , Koeman took over an ageing squad that had already peaked

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Distin and Jags are both known as 50p heads. They couldn't deal with balls into the box, and neither could Howard.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

People must be past making excuses for him, his team is producing utter rubbish week in week out, he can't be allowed to continue doing that.

What tends to happen is that shit current managers get compared to previous shit managers and if there is potential that they aren't just quite as shit as their predecessor then they get to stay....

It's a classic reason why we seen 10 years of winning nothing and bottling big games under moyes as some sort of success.