IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Away) Tuesday December 26th

markjazzbassist

3 hours ago, JoeQuince said:

I said this a few days ago. I was told something like, “It doesn’t matter. At least we’re getting points.”

Yeh. It's pretty sad it has come to this really. Think I even saw someone mention it's because we have a poor players...

Again; if it just about getting results no matter what then it's not interesting. Clubs buying succes is NOT what I want EFC to be.

On 12/26/2017 at 15:24, hafnia said:

We couldn't walk and allardyce has been a crutch.... Even though we think we can walk the crutch is still in use. 

Just get us to 40 points then let's see.  Personally I'm not going to get too disappointed...  Yes I want Everton to be buccaneers and flamboyant but let's get over the line. 

I think Silva will be in soon enough. 

I'm absolutely not convinced of Silva, either. Watford have been rather blah these past few weeks.

The manager who's more and more winning my respect is Sean Dyche. Burnley are becoming a reincarnation of Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest, a team that won the European Cup twice in succession because of an impregnable defence combined with creativity in midfield and up front. Burnley's one-touch passing in the first half today was impressive, even though they wilted in the final quarter of the game. Remember: they are playing their second string goalie, and half of their defence is either out injured or suspended. It's not as if they have a lot of depth in talent, which means the manager's influence is crucial.

I have no problem with focusing on defence. Indeed, defence usually wins leagues over the long haul. The problem with Allardyce is that defence is all he knows. Grab a 0-0 here and there and scrape a 1-0 win against others and you crawl across the 40-point mark. Fans shouldn't have to be bored to death to win points. Where's the satisfaction in that?

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

On a positive note, Niasse did today what he does best: coming on as a sub and giving it his all. It's such a pity he didn't score right at the end.

When it broke for him you almost expected it to go in right. 

That’s his role though - 15-20 mins at the end with 120% effort

I agree with Cornish Steve , Sean Dyche is the way forward, Allardyce  was a shit player and is a shit manager, he only knows about defence. Burnley played well yesterday and were unlucky not to win, with money to spend Dyche would target a striker and a good holding midfielder, then watch us play. The last two games have been rubbish.

Just watched the highlghts back again as I didn' get to watch the whole game yesterday. My comments are:

1. Keane has again given away a guilt edged chance (albeit they all did in this game) Why change a pairing that has worked so well?

2. Bolasie is nowhere near ready for the first team. Sandro showed more in his cameo against Chelsea. 

3. Siggy is so vulnerable centrally. He has a habit of over committing and then he has no pace to recover. 

4. Barry showed why we were wrong to get rid of him. At one point he nudged Schneiderlin out of the way like he wasn' there and created a half chance.

5. Thats two games in a row where we conceded more than enough chances to lose a game and didn' create enough to win. 

6. Kenny has an unnatural ability to get his head on a ball when it looks completely unlikely and normally inside the 6 yard box.

Motm for Niasse for at least having a decent shot.