IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (Away) Tuesday December 26th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

These sorts of results in the Premier League. There's always a few teams with big physical players who just play like yard dogs who make it near impossible to beat them at home. This was literally just like watching Stoke at home when Pulis was their manager.

They. Haven’t. Done. Fuck. All. 

Also, I’d say they played better football than we did. Sam never had us set up to win this. 

Please stop making excuses for this dross. 

Will reserve judgement till I watch match of the day. I fear Sam has reached his level. He is great at shoring teams up and making them hard to beat, but aweful and getting sides to play flowing football. He was sacked at West Ham after the ignominy of being forced to have an attacking coach, yet failing to make them play attacking football. Thank God he is only here till the summer.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Will reserve judgement till I watch match of the day. I fear Sam has reached his level. He is great at shoring teams up and making them hard to beat, but aweful and getting sides to play flowing football. He was sacked at West Ham after the ignominy of being forced to have an attacking coach, yet failing to make them play attacking football. Thank God he is only here till the summer.

he's on an 18 month contract, we get to suffer through this next year too.

I still don’t understand why we’re only playing with one winger. Our best play in recent weeks has come from the wings, both as outlets to get the ball up the field and generate attacks and for creating chances. Yet, we persist with Sigurdsson on one side (and I’ll give him credit, because he’s done the best that he could when asked to play a position he has no business playing). We lump straight balls up the pitch, when diagonals have been more dangerous and have stuck better. We continue to play a game where we don’t even use our midfield, even though we have plenty of solid midfielders. We’re so spread out and static with the ball that our only options are lumps up the pitch or passes backwards. And, even when we get the ball to stick up front, every other player is 50 yards away from the player with the ball, so it all breaks down. This is lunacy. 

I’m furious with the style of play we’ve adopted. I can understand playing defensively against the top teams but we’re not setup to counter attack and therefore offer no attacking threat whatsoever. The last 5 games have really been poor. Liverpool, really fortunate to get a draw and relied on Liverpool missing good chances. Swansea, scoreline harsh on Swansea incl one pen that clearly wasn’t! Newcastle, they hit the wood work a few times we scored one against the run of play. Chelsea, no shots on target. West Brom, second from bottom and looking poor. We serve up that dross and didnt threaten their goal. 

Fed up.

1 minute ago, barryj said:

I’m furious with the style of play we’ve adopted. I can understand playing defensively against the top teams but we’re not setup to counter attack and therefore offer no attacking threat whatsoever. The last 5 games have really been poor. Liverpool, really fortunate to get a draw and relied on Liverpool missing good chances. Swansea, scoreline harsh on Swansea incl one pen that clearly wasn’t! Newcastle, they hit the wool wool a few times we scored one against the run of play. Chelsea, no shits on target. West Brom, second from bottom And looking poor. We serve up that dross and don’t threaten their goal. 

Fed up.

I said this a few days ago. I was told something like, “It doesn’t matter. At least we’re getting points.”

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not familiar with contracts in the prem.  is the buyout clause for sam to activate (he wants to leave) or the club?

I know you've gotten your answer, but Moyes was originally given a 6 year deal at Man U for perspective haha. Also I think Pardew got like a 7 or 8 year deal at Newcastle after taking them to 5th in 11/12.

1 minute ago, TallPaul1878 said:

So is that down to the manager or a lack of quality in the playing staff?

Both really it's no secret that we bought poorly in the summer, but today with the 3 central defenders, a player who has been out for over a year shouldn't be starting by all means give him the last 20 minutes, a midfielder playing between defence and 3 across the middle, with only one up front.

That for me was the main reason we looked so clueless, I only hope we are not going to see a Koeman trait of changing the team and formation every week cause the last thing we need is another manager who thinks that he can tinker every week and win, now I quite like Allardyce and will put this one down to experience, but not many more.

10 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Why is anyone surprised? This is how Allerdyce plays. His goal is to have zero goals against, with hope that we'll sometimes score one. It's always been his strategy, and it will never change. Get used to it.

I’m not.

I can’t and I won’t! 

That was proper poor!

I was dubious when I seen the starting line up. 5 at the back? Against WBA? Crikey.

Anyway, the performance was shite. Can't say more than you's already have.

I think what dissapoints me most is that we don't need to play so negatively away at WBA. I know Allardyces first thought is to defend, but we aren't a team deep in the shit like his previous appointments.

I'm still hoping that he affords us more expressive football, as he has said himself. The lack of chances being created is a big concern.

Time will tell I guess.

We couldn't walk and allardyce has been a crutch.... Even though we think we can walk the crutch is still in use. 

Just get us to 40 points then let's see.  Personally I'm not going to get too disappointed...  Yes I want Everton to be buccaneers and flamboyant but let's get over the line. 

I think Silva will be in soon enough.