• Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Tom Davies
    • Theo Walcott
    • Richarlison
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Cenk Tosun

This poll is closed to new votes

Gana is brilliant at what he's supposed to do tackle intercept then play it simple

He does at times get caught out of position but I do think that's partially down to having either Morgan or Davies by him who both are equally headless chickens and out of position at times

Neither drive the ball forward well or offer much else so he seems to take the mantle at times which he shouldn't do/have to  

If we had Sigurdsson Infront of him with (hopefully Gomes) a more positionally aware player that could be the interlink between Gana and Sigurdsson/forwards then our shape would hold much better and he could just sit back collect the ball and move it on

Either way the positives of his game far outway the negatives 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Simple question put to you twice now strawman. Carry on deflecting and belittling because you can't see something means that person is talking shite eh. 

Did the team give away 3 clear chances yesterday? Where was Gana for them? How can Gana be motm when we were cut up so easily? 

Can you please explain why I'm "strawman".... I don't use strawman arguments. But the issue isn'tt that... the issue is you don't know what the fuck it means but then again you don't seem to know what a footballer is either. 

What am I deflecting?  The fact that you are now starting to argue like a 14 year old chav?  The team gave away 3 clear cut chances.... did they come about because gana passed the ball to one of their players?  No. 

Actually I'm gonna say that Gana was man of the match cos he was on the pitch when we scored 3 goals.  May not have been involved in the build up but hey ... what's good for the goose eh?

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Ha ha ‘ his tackling is often unenecessary’ even by your standards that’s a belter of a comment 

Haven't you heard? PeteO subscribed to Maldinis "when I have to make a tackle I've already made a mistake" bullshit.    Schneiderlein likes that ethos, he can literally go through a game without getting dirty shorts. May get slated but the kitman loves him.

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Can you please explain why I'm "strawman".... I don't use strawman arguments. But the issue isn'tttt that... the issue is you don't know what the fuck it means but then again you don't seem to know what a footballer is either. 

What am I deflecting?  The fact that you are now starting to argue like a 14 year old chav?  The team gave away 3 clear cut chances.... did they come about because gana passed the ball to one of their players?  No. 

Actually I'm gonna say that Gana was man of the match cos he was on the pitch when we scored 3 goals.  May not have been involved in the build up but hey ... what's good for the goose eh?

Getting angry are we? Still not answered. As for childish, read back how you argue its embarrassing. All brash no facts, belittle with no backing. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

I got what you were doing straight away Shukes mate, we're plainly on a different intellectual level than everyone else (whether it's higher or lower is up for debate:D).

I did too! Can I be in the clever gang?

A lad told me his pint was disgusting yesterday.... I told him it was ganas fault cos he was at goodison and didn't clean the pipes .... PeteO told me that wouldn't have happened if John Okane was playing, he was good at cleaning out the pipes. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

The caveat is that he made countless other tackles and interceptions that stopped them getting forward and creating chances. He made 2 poor decisions, one deep in the opponents half, which unfortunately for him led to good chances but I am sure he made tackles and interceptions others wouldnt have been able to, which stopped them creating other chances.

But that's not the point.... He never had a flawless game. To qualify as "not being the worst ever player to pull on a blue shirt" he needs to be flawless.  Mike Milligan and Mick Chadwicks middle names were "flawless"..... Claus thompsen was a double barrelles middle name "absolutely- flawless"

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

I did too! Can I be in the clever gang?

A lad told me his pint was disgusting yesterday.... I told him it was ganas fault cos he was at goodison and didn't clean the pipes .... PeteO told me that wouldn't have happened if John Okane was playing, he was good at cleaning out the pipes. 

Stop looking for allies to fight your battles Haf and answer the question that's what real men do kids look to be in gangs, so who's the childish one

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

Gana is brilliant at what he's supposed to do tackle intercept then play it simple

He does at times get caught out of position but I do think that's partially down to having either Morgan or Davies by him who both are equally headless chickens and out of position at times

Neither drive the ball forward well or offer much else so he seems to take the mantle at times which he shouldn't do/have to  

If we had Sigurdsson Infront of him with (hopefully Gomes) a more positionally aware player that could be the interlink between Gana and Sigurdsson/forwards then our shape would hold much better and he could just sit back collect the ball and move it on

Either way the positives of his game far outway the negatives 

Gana being out of position is nothing to do with the other midfielders. He just chases the ball too often. If anything the other midfielders are caught out by Gana being out of position and having to try and cover him rather than the other way around. I have played alongside guys like that and you expect to be able to able to pass someone on and then you realise they are 5 yards away from you and charging at the man with the ball. 

This season it has been really noticeable how much Davies has kept his position and in the last two games in particular he was done a great job of driving the ball forward too. 

I actually like the combination of these two under Silva. They played well against Southampton, a little more hit and miss at Bournemouth (?) and then really well against Arsenal and Fulham. They seem to be getting the best out of eachother at the moment and long may it continue.

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Getting angry are we? Still not answered. As for childish, read back how you argue its embarrassing. All brash no facts, belittle with no backing. 

I'm not angry at all Pete...it's like playing chess against a chimp.... I make a planned move and the chimp just smashes up the board and thinks he's won. I'm toying with you knowing quite well how you respond.  

Example.... you said gana is the worst player to ever pull on a blue shirt. Not one sane person alive would believe that given the shite we've endured over the years .. but I can make you argue and try and validate that point and knew that you would try and justify it. Hilarious.

I think I've answered your question.... gana can't stop everything can he?  But what he did stop was impressive.

Now please (this is about the 20th time I've asked you) why am I a straw man.... 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

And there goes Mr Duncan I'm always right and no-one else's opinions count, sounds like you've got little man syndrome Dunc, best player by a country mile that's the most ridiculous statement posted so quantify that please by his out of 10 score to others who played just so I know what a country mile is in terms of how much better he was than Digne Kenny Pickford Gylfi very interested to know.

Ha ha small man syndrome just because I think your Idrissa vendetta is laughable?

Fulham didn’t manage a shot on goal the entire game yet somehow you think Pickford was MotM 😳

Try and find a match report anywhere that doesn’t  praise Gueye performance yesterday. Has it not occurred to you that  if everyone else’s opinion ,apart from Pete, is the exact opposite to yours then just maybe you have got it wrong?

The fact PeteO agrees with you should be all the evidence you need to tell you your way off the mark 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Gana being out of position is nothing to do with the other midfielders. He just chases the ball too often. If anything the other midfielders are caught out by Gana being out of position and having to try and cover him rather than the other way around. I have played alongside guys like that and you expect to be able to able to pass someone on and then you realise they are 5 yards away from you and charging at the man with the ball. 

This season it has been really noticeable how much Davies has kept his position and in the last two games in particular he was done a great job of driving the ball forward too. 

I actually like the combination of these two under Silva. They played well against Southampton, a little more hit and miss at Bournemouth (?) and then really well against Arsenal and Fulham. They seem to be getting the best out of eachother at the moment and long may it continue.

100% right leaving your position like he does at times because he's chasing the ball like a 6 year-old doesn't warrant being MotM

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Stop looking for allies to fight your battles Haf and answer the question that's what real men do kids look to be in gangs, so who's the childish one

What fucking question???  why wasn't gana in the way of their 3 chances???. I've already said ... He was on the pitch for the 3 goals and takes as much credit for the goals as he does blame for their chances.

Do we need to start drawing pictures for some people. There is a bit of an irony malfunction going on. 

Just now, hafnia said:

I'm not angry at all Pete...it's like playing chess against a chimp.... I make a planned move and the chimp just smashes up the board and thinks he's won. I'm toying with you knowing quite well how you respond.  

Example.... you said gana is the worst player to ever pull on a blue shirt. Not one sane person alive would believe that given the shite we've endured over the years .. but I can make you argue and try and validate that point and knew that you would try and justify it. Hilarious.

I think I've answered your question.... gana can't stop everything can he?  But what he did stop was impressive.

Now please (this is about the 20th time I've asked you) why am I a straw man.... 

Fuck me your either thick, bone idle, or Donald Trump. You've still not answered. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

What fucking question???  why wasn't gana in the way of their 3 chances???. I've already said ... He was on the pitch for the 3 goals and takes as much credit for the goals as he does blame for their chances.

Do we need to start drawing pictures for some people. There is a bit of an irony malfunction going on. 

How does that work. He's directly at fault for their chances, see Baileys post about the goals. 

As for strawman, have you ever watched The Wizard of Oz? 

Just now, pete0 said:

Fuck me your either thick, bone idle, or Donald Trump. You've still not answered. 

I'm not thick Pete.... I'm just not on your wavelength...  thankfully. 

Would you like to ask me this burning question again? I'm sure I've answered it but may have missed it when I asked you to validate why I'm a straw man.... which I would be obliged if you could answer.

Just now, pete0 said:

How does that work. He's directly at fault for their chances, see Baileys post about the goals. 

As for strawman, have you ever watched The Wizard of Oz? 

Ive answered the question!!!! You see ....there you go. You may not like my answer but not the less it is my answer.  Gana is one of 11.....  when we concede a chance that wasn't because of him directly then it could be someone else's fault.

Now please..... why am I a straw man? No wizard of oz references... just a quick "I haven't got a fucking clue and spout shite like this all the time but dig a hole so big that I can do anything but keep digging"

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

100% right leaving your position like he does at times because he's chasing the ball like a 6 year-old doesn't warrant being MotM

It does if that means he can break up play almost constantly whilst he has the defensive cover from his team mates. Yes he might have been a part of two of their chances but it felt like he stopped many more and then got us back on the ball to start attacks. 

You know what you get with Gana and if Silva didnt want that in his side he wouldnt play him. The last couple of games he has been given a platform to go out and do what he does best and we are better for it until we have better players available to us.

13 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Ha ha small man syndrome just because I think your Idrissa vendetta is laughable?

Fulham didn’t manage a shot on goal the entire game yet somehow you think Pickford was MotM 😳

Try and find a match report anywhere that doesn’t  praise Gueye performance yesterday. Has it not occurred to you that  if everyone else’s opinion ,apart from Pete, is the exact opposite to yours then just maybe you have got it wrong?

The fact PeteO agrees with you should be all the evidence you need to tell you your way off the mark 

Know I don't think Pickford was MotM I put Digne as my MotM, the others I mentioned imo had equally or better games than him so stop ignoring my post to you and give the country mile score, you can't because he wasn't a country mile better than any player on the pitch, I gave him a 6-7 the Echo sees it that way and they also thought Digne was MotM so it's not everyone who thought he was the best player.

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Again we'll agree to disagree, read what I said properly rather than take parts of it 

How can it have nothing to do with other players if that was the case he would be occupying the same space as Davies or Sigurdsson which would mean they aren't in their positions either 

Obviously it isn'tt always the case as I've said "at times" but for the most part Davies and Morgan are either static or running around like headless chickens 

Davies went missing in the Arsenal game and made a handful of decent forward passes against Fulham bar that he was onymous, I'm not totally dismissing the lad as he did have brief moments but for the most part he miss places passes or runs into players he did it multiple times yesterday and Morgan has been as we know shite 

If he kept his position like you say he has we wouldn't have the gapping holes at the back on the counter as he'd have covered for Gana

It's no coincidence he didn't make those runs as often when he had a player Infront of him like Barry who is the type of player I previously referred to and Barkley was the Sigurdsson type then 

In a nutshell he makes those runs which he shouldn't as often or shouldn't have to as we don't have a properly balanced it's partly his fault don't get me wrong but if the above were addressed he wouldn't have to 

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It does if that means he can break up play almost constantly whilst he has the defensive cover from his team mates. Yes he might have been a part of two of their chances but it felt like he stopped many more and then got us back on the ball to start attacks. 

You know what you get with Gana and if Silva didnt want that in his side he wouldnt play him. The last couple of games he has been given a platform to go out and do what he does best and we are better for it until we have better players available to us.

Just seen this, the top part is partly what in getting at re the balance of the side if McCarthy was fit and in the side or a Barry type as I've just said then that's fine but ATM it's risky

Hopefully Gomes can fill that void and at greater odds McCarthy can come back and be the player he was 

22 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ive answered the question!!!! You see ....there you go. You may not like my answer but not the less it is my answer.  Gana is one of 11.....  when we concede a chance that wasn't because of him directly then it could be someone else's fault.

Now please..... why am I a straw man? No wizard of oz references... just a quick "I haven't got a fucking clue and spout shite like this all the time but dig a hole so big that I can do anything but keep digging"

I've answered it, if only you had a brain. You've still not answered mine. 

Also once again showing your Donald Trump tendencies making up some fake news about Palfy voting Pickford. Anything to suit your agenda eh. It's embarrassing. 

17 minutes ago, Bailey said:

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

But that is suicide football Bailey you can't go running round the pitch looking for the ball with no regard to leaving big holes in the middle of the park and players unmarked, we were lucky Fulham weren't good enough to take their opportunities against West Ham we weren't so lucky and he was awarded a 4/10 for doing the same things that he did against Fulham but got away with because of there poor finishing and Pickford having a good day.

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Know I don't think Pickford was MotM I put Digne as my MotM, the others I mentioned imo had equally or better games than him so stop ignoring my post to you and give the country mile score, you can't because he wasn't a country mile better than any player on the pitch, I gave him a 6-7 the Echo sees it that way and they also thought Digne was MotM so it's not everyone who thought he was the best player.

I said everyone , bar Pete , disagrees with you about Gana’s performanve 

if you want me to rate him out of ten I would say a solid 9

Anyway to summarise it was a good result we needed the win and the clean sheet was just what our hard working defence deserved, on another day our 1st half performance against a better team could have cost us but let's not dwell on the negatives the 2nd half was a joy to watch, and we richly deserved the 3 goals that the better performance gave us.

Unless you weren't aware my MotM was Digne he gets better every game what a fantastic signing and he turned down others to come here, oh and by the way not that he really matters he was also the Echo's MotM not hard to see why😝

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Given Gana's the worst player ever to wear Blue @pete0 why did you give this a green:huh:?