• Theo Walcott
    • Richarlison
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Cenk Tosun

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

For the first two paragraphs. Davies doesn't get enough credit usually 

So you are soo convinced you're in the right and everyone else is a footballing idiot? Even your mucker Palfy on this occasion? I find that a bit worrying. Agree with you on many things but you really do have a serious blind spot here, the why of it is a total mystery. Anyway we move on.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So you are soo convinced you're in the right and everyone else is a footballing idiot? Even your mucker Palfy on this occasion? I find that a bit worrying. Agree with you on many things but you really do have a serious blind spot here, the why of it is a total mystery. Anyway we move on.

Look at the two chances Bailey showed. People would be fuming if that was Schneiderlin. At this level you can simply not be giving opportunities away so easily. 

Every week we get split through the middle. I can't remember ever giving away chances like that and as often, I don't watch that much of the lower league stuff but watched a fair bit of the championship last season and at that level they don't give it away so easily as we do. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I've answered it, if only you had a brain. You've still not answered mine. 

Also once again showing your Donald Trump tendencies making up some fake news about Palfy voting Pickford. Anything to suit your agenda eh. It's embarrassing. 

My brain is functioning perfectly. If you can't see that my answer is that 3 chances conceded to Fulham doesn't mean gana had a bad game unless he did daft passes to set them up. If you want to slag him off for the chances conceded without a definite "Ganas fault" correlation you also have to give him credit for the 3 goals without a definite gana correlation.... does that make sense? I'm sure it does but to you no.

Again... what is a straw man? Why am I a straw man?.... who is the worst player to ever wear an Everton shirt?  Could you really score 10 goals for spurs? Was Gerrard really not very good and was he just lucky when he scored long range goals? Would Harry Kane get a game for Everton.

Please answer those Pete. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Look at the two chances Bailey showed.

But look at the rest of his posts, you're obsessing on two incidents over ninety minutes and ignoring the rest of the game. Any player who just makes two mistakes in a match has had a blinder (unless he's called Karius).

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Why did you start this again ffs

To remind either a) himself or b) others just how ridiculous his arguments are.

I did the lukaku dance with you more times than I care to remember and yet both sides of those arguments still have credibility based on what I see United fans typing. 

Pete unfortunately has an inability to say "Yeah I thought he was shite but he's proved me wrong".... I mean according to him Harry Kane wouldn't get a game for us and belongs in league 1....

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But look at the rest of his posts, you're obsessing on two incidents over ninety minutes and ignoring the rest of the game. Any player who just makes two mistakes in a match has had a blinder (unless he's called Karius).

Mistakes are forgivable but they're not mistakes, he's just that thick. Happens every week. 

You can't give away clear chances like that in the prem and still get a 9.on another day we'd be punished and have no points. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Mistakes are forgivable but they're not mistakes, he's just that thick. Happens every week. 

You can't give away clear chances like that in the prem and still get a 9.on another day we'd be punished and have no points. 

So whose mistakes are they when he has to make 10+ tackles a game??? I suppose they are his fault too. 

19 minutes ago, hafnia said:

My brain is functioning perfectly. If you can't see that my answer is that 3 chances conceded to Fulham doesn't mean gana had a bad game unless he did daft passes to set them up. If you want to slag him off for the chances conceded without a definite "Ganas fault" correlation you also have to give him credit for the 3 goals without a definite gana correlation.... does that make sense? I'm sure it does but to you no.

Again... what is a straw man? Why am I a straw man?.... who is the worst player to ever wear an Everton shirt?  Could you really score 10 goals for spurs? Was Gerrard really not very good and was he just lucky when he scored long range goals? Would Harry Kane get a game for Everton.

Please answer those Pete. 

If it was you'd get the wizard of oz reference... Although I have explained that to you she's ago, hey ho. 

Keep deflecting and ranting one day you might be in the clever gang and explain your arguments and understand others. Wouldn't hold my breath though. 

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Mike all players make mistakes that's a given but most learn from them, charging around chasing the ball with no chance of getting to it then that ball passing you and going to a man in the big hole he just left which in turn adds up to them having an attempt at goal doesn't in my opinion make a MotM, he played fairly well for him I've said that but he needs to make better choices against West Ham we got pulled apart and he got a 4/10.

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

If it was you'd get the wizard of oz reference... Although I have explained that to you she's ago, hey ho. 

Keep deflecting and ranting one day you might be in the clever gang and explain your arguments and understand others. Wouldn't hold my breath though. 

Pete.... you havent explained what a straw man argument is and how that applies to me?

I feel a bit shit doing this because it's quite clear you havent got a fuckin clue... it doesn't wind me up you saying I use straw man arguments as it's a perfectly intelligent way to debate. It's just the fact that you try and be a smartass and get it totally out of context. 

Call me a condescending point scoring prick if you want? That would at least be more accurate. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Pete.... you havent explained what a straw man argument is and how that applies to me?

I feel a bit shit doing this because it's quite clear you havent got a fuckin clue... it doesn't wind me up you saying I use straw man arguments as it's a perfectly intelligent way to debate. It's just the fact that you try and be a smartass and get it totally out of context. 

Call me a condescending point scoring prick if you want? That would at least be more accurate. 

Yes it would but that would be far too polite 😜

25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Do you know what it means haf because Ive noticed you haven’t denied it. 

To help "your friend" out Palf.... it's this.  But I'm sure you knew anyway....

PeteO:- "Gana is crap, I think we should sell him"

Strawman:- "oh right so you are saying we shouldn't have a player on the pitch who plays the defensive midfield role? Leaving us exposed at the back"

26 minutes ago, hafnia said:

To help "your friend" out Palf.... it's this.  But I'm sure you knew anyway....

PeteO:- "Gana is crap, I think we should sell him"

Strawman:- "oh right so you are saying we shouldn't have a player on the pitch who plays the defensive midfield role? Leaving us exposed at the back"

I thought it was dismissing an argument by dismissing an argument which wasn’t being argued if that makes sense, if it’s not then the only straw man I know was in the Wizard of Oz and he wanted a brain. 

Also have haf with out trying to make it look like I’m taking the moral high ground in anyway aren’t we all friends that occasionally argue and disagree with each other, sometimes strongly and aggressively whether right or wrong, but I’d hope we could still all remain friends and courteous to each other after the shit storm has died down. 

You know what, why are we even entertaining this? It’s obvious that these guys just don’t have a clue and are arguing to justify their blatant bullshit!.

They believe  their own crap and don’t have the gumption to admit they are wrong. It takes a strong person to admit that, and not everyone can do it.

Please don’t expect everyone to be able to do it, and don’t think they are weak if they can’t, they are just different haha

46 minutes ago, Shukes said:

You know what, why are we even entertaining this? It’s obvious that these guys just don’t have a clue and are arguing to justify their blatant bullshit!.

They believe  their own crap and don’t have the gumption to admit they are wrong. It takes a strong person to admit that, and not everyone can do it.

Please don’t expect everyone to be able to do it, and don’t think they are weak if they can’t, they are just different haha

Can you name a match were we have been gifted chances so easily. We get cut up through the middle every week with ease, no other team gives away them chances. Football is all about the small margins, you can't afford to be gifting the opposition every week. 

48 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Your have to tell me what you’ve been drinking Shukes cause I’m definitely having a pint 🍺 of that to wash down my bullshit. 

3 hours ago, aaron said:

er...I thought Zouma was MOTM... this is the right thread for this isn'ttt it?

Thought it was the right thread, then reading through it morphed into the Gana civil war society echo chamber. 

Voted Kenny, great going forward, developing a good understanding with Theo, and getting better defensively. 

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

Thought it was the right thread, then reading through it morphed into the Gana civil war society echo chamber. 

Voted Kenny, great going forward, developing a good understanding with Theo, and getting better defensively. 

😂😂😂 still shell shocked. Good choice for motm 

On 30/09/2018 at 17:00, EFC-Paul said:

Again we'll agree to disagree, read what I said properly rather than take parts of it 

How can it have nothing to do with other players if that was the case he would be occupying the same space as Davies or Sigurdsson which would mean they aren't in their positions either 

Obviously it isn'ttt always the case as I've said "at times" but for the most part Davies and Morgan are either static or running around like headless chickens 

Davies went missing in the Arsenal game and made a handful of decent forward passes against Fulham bar that he was onymous, I'm not totally dismissing the lad as he did have brief moments but for the most part he miss places passes or runs into players he did it multiple times yesterday and Morgan has been as we know shite 

If he kept his position like you say he has we wouldn't have the gapping holes at the back on the counter as he'd have covered for Gana

It's no coincidence he didn't make those runs as often when he had a player Infront of him like Barry who is the type of player I previously referred to and Barkley was the Sigurdsson type then 

In a nutshell he makes those runs which he shouldn't as often or shouldn't have to as we don't have a properly balanced it's partly his fault don't get me wrong but if the above were addressed he wouldn't have to 

I did read it properly but again I think you have completely misunderstood my post and probably been watching different games to me. You only have to look at the examples from the Fulham game to see what I mean about Gana's positioning being purely as a result of his decision making and no-one else.  Gana never played ahead of Barry as far as I can remember. Anyway, I will leave it there as we will be going for a few pages like last time! :)

On 30/09/2018 at 17:17, Palfy said:

But that is suicide football Bailey you can't go running round the pitch looking for the ball with no regard to leaving big holes in the middle of the park and players unmarked, we were lucky Fulham weren't good enough to take their opportunities against West Ham we weren't so lucky and he was awarded a 4/10 for doing the same things that he did against Fulham but got away with because of there poor finishing and Pickford having a good day.

It does come with risk and lets just at he wouldn't be the first name on my team sheet but it can have benefits too.

Watching the same games Bailey everyone has a different interpretation of it which isn'tt a bad thing... And I got your post but again I don't agree with it nor do I think you got what I was getting at but heyho

He played behind him as he does the two mentioned who are far less disciplined moreso Davies as Sigurdsson is clearly the one who will be instructed to go forward more 

My point is split between the two as I've said he shouldn't do it at times but at other times he's going forward into space he shouldn't have to as well as it should be occupied by others who are equally to blame for bad positioning 

Anyway 😁

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I did read it properly but again I think you have completely misunderstood my post and probably been watching different games to me. You only have to look at the examples from the Fulham game to see what I mean about Gana's positioning being purely as a result of his decision making and no-one else.  Gana never played ahead of Barry as far as I can remember. Anyway, I will leave it there as we will be going for a few pages like last time! :)

It does come with risk and lets just at he wouldn't be the first name on my team sheet but it can have benefits too.

Yes it can can’t and won’t argue with that, risk and reward in all walks of life should be calculated with him it’s not, he has little concept of when to old and when to go which can be dangerous but looks good when it comes off as against Fulham but poor when it doesn’t as against West Ham.