IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Saturday January 19th

markjazzbassist

45 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I think brands will be scouring the football manager market never mind transfer market.

I hope not. I didn’t want him, but he inherited a shitshow and it’s going to take more than this season to correct it. Silva definitely needs to learn and adapt though  

They basically beat us by using tactics I’ve been calling for since 2008 - push from the front. 

49 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No we played "better" when they went 2 up, sat back and still carried more threat on the counter than we did in 2nd half. 

I also wouldnt say we played better.

Disagree. At least when the first two subs came on we played in their half because there was an actual threat. 

Side note, I’m really disappointed with Keane today. Seemed to be constantly out of position 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

You know what getting Moyes back wouldn't be a bad shout he gets this club and the fans, and he'd put a bit of character and steel back into use.

Yeah. The silly sod had his head turned by the Mancs and tbh things had gotten stale here but with a bit of a budget could be worth a punt. (hides behind the sofa)

I’d seriously persist with DCL uptop for the season. 

Richarlison needs a rocketing, I know it’s tough up there alone but he just goes down to easily.

Agree on Gomes, give him a game or two off to recover, drop siggy deep and get bernard central.

Silva needs to improve as much as the players, I believe he can do it but I’ve felt this way Martinez and Koeman. 

On 14/01/2019 at 13:55, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Same XI as Bournemouth.

Too often guilty of hyperbole and this is impossible to prove but I really feel this game can define our season - or at least January and February. Win at Southampton and the sustained momentum carries over to Millwall which carries over to the now manager-less Huddersfield. Then you're in or close to 7th with Wolves, Watford and an FA 5th round tie before Man City visits. We could be rolling.

I always come back to this - it's the hope that kills you...

Bitterly disappointing. Been saying it for months, Richarlison not a striker. Gomes’ shift one of the worst I’ve seen in a blue shirt, but agree with those who think it was from trying too hard - so he gets a pass for now. Another class finish from Digne...