IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Saturday January 19th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Need something up from much more desperately. It’s not like we’re not getting the ball into the box, it just comes out to easily.

A striker is needed too but even the best striker in the world would have done feck all today in this side. We dont look like we can stop sides playing through us nor can we play through sides either.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

This. It’s insane. 

DCL again has won every ball played up to him, put himself about. He has to start 

I wish our problems were as easy as the team sheet though. The whole mentality of the team is so fragile. There is a distinctive lack of leadership, composure, fight, I could go on. 

And we think of ourselves as a better than than Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth etc. We're not, were not even on par because we're not a team, and we haven't been since Moyes left.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

This. It’s insane. 

DCL again has won every ball played up to him, put himself about. He has to start 

Won every ball but also barely found a team mate. Someone "putting themselves about" isnt going to help us. That being said neither is one throwing himself to the ground every 5 minutes or the other who has an ability to disappear whenever he crosses the white line onto the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Won every ball but also barely found a team mate. Someone "putting themselves about" isnt going to help us. That being said neither is one throwing himself to the ground every 5 minutes or the other who has an ability to disappear whenever he crosses the white line onto the pitch.

Not his fault if no one is looking for the knockdown. Did a fuck ton more than Richarlison did. 

Thought Gylfi looked a bit better playing deep. Maybe Gomes needs a rest and we can finally play our best forward players in their preferred roles 

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I wish our problems were as easy as the team sheet though. The whole mentality of the team is so fragile. There is a distinctive lack of leadership, composure, fight, I could go on. 

And we think of ourselves as a better than than Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth etc. We're not, were not even on par because we're not a team, and we haven't been since Moyes left.

Spot on.

I do think we are tactically naive as well, again its like the management also think we are better than we are. We never had a grip of that game. We had a small spell of 10 minutes in the first half but that was it. Southampton were more than comfortable for the rest. This absurd tactic of just throwing on more strikers when we are losing is also massively naive. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Not his fault if no one is looking for the knockdown. Did a fuck ton more than Richarlison did. 

Thought Gylfi looked a bit better playing deep. Maybe Gomes needs a rest and we can finally play our best forward players in their preferred roles 

He also had an effort on goal, brave one at that.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Spot on.

I do think we are tactically naive as well, again its like the management also think we are better than we are. We never had a grip of that game. We had a small spell of 10 minutes in the first half but that was it. Southampton were more than comfortable for the rest. This absurd tactic of just throwing on more strikers when we are losing is also massively naive. 

Mostly agree but we actually started playing better when we did have more pressure up top. It can’t be a coincidence 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

It is because his knockdowns werent exactly near people. Dont get me wrong, its a hard job and he definitely does it better than anyone else but the end result is the same in that we lose the ball. Richarlison played a big part in our two big chances in the first half. Neither of them had the quality they deserve.

Gylfi was poor deep IMO. Played a big part in their 2nd. Offering no control or support to Gana (who did a good job of doing everything at that point). 

Its all a mess at the moment. Silva needs to get a grip of things soon before it completely unravels.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Mostly agree but we actually started playing better when we did have more pressure up top. It can’t be a coincidence 

No we played "better" when they went 2 up, sat back and still carried more threat on the counter than we did in 2nd half. 

I also wouldnt say we played better.

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You know what getting Moyes back wouldn't be a bad shout he gets this club and the fans, and he'd put a bit of character and steel back into use.

We can't go back it wouldn't work. But what we could really do with at the moment is Moyes's ability to pick the right characters to build a team out of. We've become a spineless team. 

8 minutes ago, nogs said:

We can't go back it wouldn't work. But what we could really do with at the moment is Moyes's ability to pick the right characters to build a team out of. We've become a spineless team. 

I know dogs mate ya right don't look back look forwards but we do need that sort of character.