IGNORED

Huddersfield (Away) Tuesday 29th January

MikeO

5 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Not a bad first half. Tosun probably the brightest spark so far, although Davies has provided a lot of energy and even a bit of creativity going forward.

Some good link up play all on the right side, including from Bernard.

Other than the goal, Richarlison has been pretty poor, though he’s gotten back and defended with the same passion he did in the first 5 or so matches of the season for us.

Keane solid though with a few hiccups, and Zouma has played great as sweeper so far.

Siggy has been a bit industrious, but his end product doesn’t look there today at all.

Gomes has been invisible. Should be subbed off for McCarthy soon.

Siggy so much more involved in all phases of play. He is behind the ball a lot more and the team are in a much better shape.

I disagree about Gomes though. The less we hear from him in this game the better. He is more of a defensive playmaker sweeping up and retrieving the ball. Whilst he has the ability to be more expansive we dont need it at the moment. Keep it simple, keep control of the game and hopefully we can put away one of our chances.

I think if we took Gomes off and brought McCarthy on, we would do these. I’m not seeing what most are seeing if I’m honest. We scored early and had that long range effort from Gylfi, but the rest has been our usual good play outside the box, and fall apart inside.

If we hadnt scored a goal, we would be moaning that Huddersfield are so bad, but playing through us too easy. It’s just a good job they are worse than us on the last third.

No that’s not fair, we are playing some good stuff up to the box, just need to create some chances now.

Just now, Bailey said:

Siggy so much more involved in all phases of play. He is behind the ball a lot more and the team are in a much better shape.

I disagree about Gomes though. The less we hear from him in this game the better. He is more of a defensive playmaker sweeping up and retrieving the ball. Whilst he has the ability to be more expansive we dont need it at the moment. Keep it simple, keep control of the game and hopefully we can put away one of our chances.

I agree with you. Shame you live in a different country. Would love to see a game with you.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That may be the strategy for this game, though I don’t think that is Gomes’ game. Would like to see him get on the ball and get it forward. He’s not solely a defensive player, and it would be nice to see a bit of involvement in the vein that we saw in his first few matches with us.

Gomes is a very different player to Fellaini, but part of his game is the same:  searching and receiving the ball, shaking it out of 2 players closing him and tucking it out to another player in a better position.  Except Gomes does it with silk instead of a pair of very small man tits covered in velcro and elbows covered in barbed wire.

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He’s imposing himself on this half much more as the cog that links us in midfield. Much more what I want to see from him.