IGNORED

Huddersfield (Away) Tuesday 29th January

MikeO

Just now, sibdane said:

My thoughts exactly. We got the goal but really didn't create much else. Obviously the red card where we really dropped off, but that performance was nowhere near good enough.

Ye I think 3 chances through the whole match. But sometimes you need to win ugly as they say. Take the points and build on it. 

Davies and Tosun played very well and deserve to start against Wolves.

Pickford man of the match for two game-saving saves.

Poor match overall. Defense was solid but still too many mistakes - both Keane and Zouma tried to give them a goal in those last two minutes with a poor pass and a silly foul.

Otherwise we were pretty shit.

As I mentioned early on we just needed to go back to basics and get the 3 points because Huddersfield are crap and dont have the quality to cause too many problems and when it was 11 a side they didnt. We could sit back and let them huff and puff and we did it well. What we didnt do well was move the ball forward on the counter as well as we should but we got into plenty of good positions first half but barely anay second half. 

Even at 10 men, bar a couple of teething problems with Kenny and Siggy they didnt do much.

For me that was a platform, a platform with the wrong cogs due to the players available but it was something to build on and a small whiff of positivity ahead of a tricky game against Wolves.

I thought it was fookin awful. We won't have the luxury of playing teams that poor too often.

A few things stood out.... digne can look amazing as we all know but he clearly lacks positional sense and Baines playing for just over a half showed the level he really needs to push for. Digne is very good on the ball... he's just a bit daft.

Tom Davies work rate and press was clearly an instruction to replace Gana and the kid did fine.  Loads of determination.  Pity his team mates don't match it.

Gomes.... not the answer.  Sorry.  Flatters to deceive. I don't think I've actually seen him do anything productive... lovely looking lad, elegant and all that...but im not seeing anything that his early promise suggested. Playing within himself.

Pickford.... I'm the first to criticise him but two of his saves were world class.  I have my doubts about him but he remains a good shot stopper on his day. 

Richarlison... just seems to have more in the tank than What he's giving.

Finak thought....Play tosun and DCL upfront together.  We have no prescence up front. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

I thought it was fookin awful. We won't have the luxury of playing teams that poor too often.

A few things stood out.... digne can look amazing as we all know but he clearly lacks positional sense and Baines playing for just over a half showed the level he really needs to push for. Digne is very good on the ball... he's just a bit daft.

Tom Davies work rate and press was clearly an instruction to replace Gana and the kid did fine.  Loads of determination.  Pity his team mates don't match it.

Gomes.... not the answer.  Sorry.  Flatters to deceive. I don't think I've actually seen him do anything productive... lovely looking lad, elegant and all that...but im not seeing anything that his early promise suggested. Playing within himself.

Pickford.... I'm the first to criticise him but two of his saves were world class.  I have my doubts about him but he remains a good shot stopper on his day. 

Richarlison... just seems to have more in the tank than What he's giving.

Finak thought....Play tosun and DCL upfront together.  We have no prescence up front. 

What as a 352 , 442 or something else I do agree with 2 up top we lack that final killer blow and yet in most games we have some really good possession but don't know how to convert it into goals, and I think it causes Gylfi to push to high up as if he wants to be that second striker which leaves us exposed through the middle with Gomes and Gana getting pulled apart trying to cover the wide area's that Digne and Coleman have vacated.