IGNORED

At Petes request, a poll.

StevO

At Petes request, are we better off without Gana?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are we better off without Gana?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

It's way too early for this poll.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s only here because Pete said he thinks most people agree with him that we will be better off without Gana. So getting a bit of opinion. Seems most people don’t agree. The majority seem to think we either aren’t better off or just don’t know yet. 

On 19/08/2019 at 23:18, MikeO said:

Only a simpleton would suggest corresponding results one season after the next were proof of the impact of a single player.

And I'd never suggest you were a simpleton Palf.....maybe.

😂 that’s a bit harsh I’ve got GCSE grades B’s and A’s I’ll have you know, I don’t remember anything about the subjects but I had written conformation I passed. 

How else can you quantity it if not by results, I think the do games we’ve played so far show we don’t miss him in my opinion for the reasons I’ve given. 

Show me what scale you have used to suggest we have missed him, even though results have improved or stayed the same?

23 minutes ago, Palfy said:

😂 that’s a bit harsh I’ve got GCSE grades B’s and A’s I’ll have you know, I don’t remember anything about the subjects but I had written conformation I passed. 

How else can you quantity it if not by results, I think the do games we’ve played so far show we don’t miss him in my opinion for the reasons I’ve given. 

Show me what scale you have used to suggest we have missed him, even though results have improved or stayed the same?

Whether we've missed him wasn't the question asked though was it? It was, "Are we better off without....?" which is a bit different.

And the "scale" I've used to reach this decision is what I've observed over the last three seasons, sadly for some the scales never fell from their eyes during the period (<<<see me getting all biblical😎).

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Whether we've missed him wasn't the question asked though was it? It was, "Are we better off without....?" which is a bit different.

And the "scale" I've used to reach this decision is what I've observed over the last three seasons, sadly for some the scales never fell from their eyes during the period (<<<see me getting all biblical😎).

Ok splitting hairs miss or better off, well to date with improvement of points gained from corresponding fixtures from last season we are better off without him.

I can’t think of better way to gauge it now or later, the wrath will come down on him with biblical proportions. 

Just now, Palfy said:

Ok splitting hairs miss or better off, well to date with improvement of points gained from corresponding fixtures from last season we are better off without him.

I can’t think of better way to gauge it now or later, the wrath will come down on him with biblical proportions. 

That might be considered plausible if we'd played the same ten players with and without him and the opposition both fielded the same XI as they did last season. But we didn't and they didn't so it's a meaningless comparison to the value of an individual; I don't see how you can attribute total responsibility for results to one person among twenty-eight (which is what your conclusion relies on).

We'd be a better squad with him in it, anyone who thinks otherwise should get themselves a new guide-dog;).

On 20/08/2019 at 16:00, MikeO said:

It's taken its inspiration from the Brexit referendum, we all have to vote with absolutely no clue as to how things will pan out. As such nobody will be allowed to change their minds when they observe the reality of his performances for PSG and there will be no second vote under any circumstances.

Can we have an “I’m an uniformed simpleton with largely selfish ideals, and despite of overwhelming benefits provided for myself and surroundings, indeed may only survive on, provided by the “enemy” and not my government which, otherwise, would’ve killed my area” option then?