IGNORED

At Petes request, a poll.

StevO

At Petes request, are we better off without Gana?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are we better off without Gana?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Only 12 Gana had been pissing me off for 24 but mercifully the bad days are now over, and I will be able to watch a game without worrying about what is next fuck up is going to be 😉

Don’t worry mate.... like Brexit, we’ll keep doing the poll again until people give up and just agree with you to shut you up 😉

41 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You mean like Gylfi and DCL? 

Gana runs head first regardless and leaves us exposed. Your yet to name another player at cm who does... 

I won’t name another because I disagree it’s headless and believe it’s tactical. But you think a player can only be a defensive midfielder if they sit behind the other midfielders. Our last few managers, and PSG, understand though. 

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

I won’t name another because I disagree it’s headless and believe it’s tactical. But you think a player can only be a defensive midfielder if they sit behind the other midfielders. Our last few managers, and PSG, understand though. 

I'm asking to name another team that do it. If it's tactics surely you can find one team that does it. 

Walsh was a stats idiot, he wanted Gana over Kante and just got lucky at Leicester that Villa bought him (note: Gana played a massive part in them going down and are the only team that come close to clear chances through the middle like we had with Gana). Alladyce inherited a team with very little energy and did look to replace him. Silva didn't want him, and was happy for him to go, pending a replacement. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

I'm asking to name another team that do it. If it's tactics surely you can find one team that does it. 

Walsh was a stats idiot, he wanted Gana over Kante and just got lucky at Leicester that Villa bought him (note: Gana played a massive part in them going down and are the only team that come close to clear chances through the middle like we had with Gana). Alladyce inherited a team with very little energy and did look to replace him. Silva didn't want him, and was happy for him to go, pending a replacement. 

I don’t watch enough other teams to know their tactics to know what their midfielders do. But just because someone else doesn’t do it doesn’t make it bad. What I do know is that all of our managers he played for, the sports media and PSG all agree with me on this. 

Silva didn’t want him? 😂

Alardyce tried to replace him? I missed that. 

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t watch enough other teams to know their tactics to know what their midfielders do. But just because someone else doesn’t do it doesn’t make it bad. What I do know is that all of our managers he played for, the sports media and PSG all agree with me on this. 

Silva didn’t want him? 😂

Alardyce tried to replace him? I missed that. 

The media used to bum Joe Hart, you know that lad who's now in his prime yet found himself as third choice at Burnley last year. As for PSG he's not got on the pitch for them yet, although even Stoke's finest double double barrel Jean-Eric Choupo-Moting gets game time for them so there's hope for Gana yet. 

There's 100s of teams. You watch at least 19 others a year for I assume 20 years plus. You'd think another in that time would have done it or copied if it was a good tactic. 

Must have a very short memory. 

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

Update. Currently 88% of voters think we are not better off without Gana. 

Would help if you framed the question and thread name better. Looks more a popularity contest as there was definitely more than 3 happy to see him go as the team will be more balanced. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Would help if you framed the question and thread name better. Looks more a popularity contest as there was definitely more than 3 happy to see him go as the team will be more balanced. 

Then as I asked in the other thread, who?

the rest of your post, we will never agree. I have seen other teams for at least 90 minutes per season, not enough where I could tell you how they play or tactical patterns in their play. The high pressing hasn’t been massive over the last 20 years, but I’ve been watching football a fair bit longer than that, so I don’t know many others who have played in that style. 

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

Then as I asked in the other thread, who?

the rest of your post, we will never agree. I have seen other teams for at least 90 minutes per season, not enough where I could tell you how they play or tactical patterns in their play. The high pressing hasn’t been massive over the last 20 years, but I’ve been watching football a fair bit longer than that, so I don’t know many others who have played in that style. 

Unsure but there was definitely more than three of us. Gana thread is very short after his move, and I'll be damned if you expect me to search the multiple random threads that all the after talk is in. 

That's a lot of football to not be able to name one. Closest I can think is Kante who has moved from DM to CM this year but he's smarter in his positioning and closing down. He wasn't solely a defender from the front, he gave more going forward connecting the defence with attack and got 4x as many goals and assists to Gana 8 to 2 respectively. (Kante's biggest flaw was his sloppy forward passes but that was to be expected given it was a new responsibility). Going through the league there wasn't many CMs with the minutes Gana had and so little contribution offensively. Defensively I've never seen a team give such good chances away through the middle than the Everton Gana, and Villa Gana teams (at the time I thought Sanchez was a joke but after seeing Gana turn Schneiderlin into a pasty I can see I noticed the wrong man when watching Villa's demise).

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Unsure but there was definitely more than three of us. Gana thread is very short after his move, and I'll be damned if you expect me to search the multiple random threads that all the after talk is in. 

Seve was very critical of Gana and posted very good arguments to back up his position. 

40 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I know that, just read your last comment! It’s like watching David Brent look in a mirror when you two speak!

I know I look in the mirror sometimes and I think my work is done here, I’m like Jesus really and I’m spreading the word on how poor Gana is. 

I’m not just confined to TT I’m bigger than that I might live in Reading but I know the worlds a bigger place Bracknell Woking Slough even Newbury isn’t that far away, and it’s my job to educate the world about poor footballers, that’s why I see my life as modern Jesus, I probably had a better start than him he was a back street carpenter odd job man really, I’ve climbed the ranks of top management I know how to make people listen and take everything I say on board not many could do what I do probably not even Jesus. 

Is that David Brent enough for you Shukes ( Aka Jesus )

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I did highlight that draw some posts back which again proves we didn’t miss him, because we never lost and the result was the same he wasn’t missed. 

Only a simpleton would suggest corresponding results one season after the next were proof of the impact of a single player.

And I'd never suggest you were a simpleton Palf.....maybe.

On 19/08/2019 at 16:18, aaron said:

How is this question even being asked yet? On paper it would indicate no but only time will tell, pointless even asking this now. Should be asked midway through / end of the season.

It's taken its inspiration from the Brexit referendum, we all have to vote with absolutely no clue as to how things will pan out. As such nobody will be allowed to change their minds when they observe the reality of his performances for PSG and there will be no second vote under any circumstances.