IGNORED

Whats everyone up to right now?

Cisk

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

3-4 hours has become a false hope. That’s a weeks worth of sleep. I’ve broken bones and currently have an awesome steak sized bruise (I think I popped it again) on my left side). Insomnia can go suck one

That’s severe what have the doctors done to try and help you.  

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

WhT do your medical professionals say?  I’m surprised you’re not on ambien.  I had a friend who got on it and it saved his life.  He was finally able to sleep.

Ambian 12.5 didn’t work for more a couple of nights before my head adjusted. Going back the doctors this week to see what else can be done. 

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s severe what have the doctors done to try and help you.  

See above mate. Basically just given me stronger and stronger sleeping pills but they’ve never really been an answer 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Ambian 12.5 didn’t work for more a couple of nights before my head adjusted. Going back the doctors this week to see what else can be done. 

See above mate. Basically just given me stronger and stronger sleeping pills but they’ve never really been an answer 

Good luck Matt I hope they get you on the right treatment mate, you can’t carry on like that you will end up with no quality of life. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm sure you've probably tried them.... but melatonin and magnesium?  

36 minutes ago, Palfy said:

My youngest grandchild’s 1st birthday party round mine today, 9 kids 10 adults and 5 hours, I’m to old for this sort of excitement said to the Mrs never again I’m knackered. 

Been there and got the T-shirt mate, nightmare; never again indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2020 at 20:12, Palfy said:

My youngest grandchild’s 1st birthday party round mine today, 9 kids 10 adults and 5 hours, I’m to old for this sort of excitement said to the Mrs never again I’m knackered. 

Like Mike0. been there, done that.  Palfy, you obviously have the stamina I used to have!

Eating a bag of these...

https://www.snafflingpig.co.uk/collections/crackling/products/mighty-colmans-mustard-pork-crackling-packets

...only discovered them a few weeks back but am now buying in bulk; totally addictive. Takes something special to get my taste buds to kick in but these do it in spades, and the powder left when the bag is "finished" blows your head to bits. Lovely.

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Missed one of life's great joys John, loved my biking days.

The problem with biking is that you are relying on everyone else on the road to keep you safe.  You have only got to look at the quality of some of the driving! When my eldest son was in his teens he was desperate for a motorbike.  He used to get all the magazines.  I wouldn't let him have one.  He's 60 this year and admits it was a good decision.

33 minutes ago, johnh said:

The problem with biking is that you are relying on everyone else on the road to keep you safe.  You have only got to look at the quality of some of the driving! When my eldest son was in his teens he was desperate for a motorbike.  He used to get all the magazines.  I wouldn't let him have one.  He's 60 this year and admits it was a good decision.

Not so imo, though obviously you're more vulnerable. I always rode on the basis that everyone else on the road was out to kill me, when I was younger and when I bought a new one a few years back, and that kept me safe. I had two extremely minor tumbles in 12/15 years on the road in total (one of them was my fault and didn't involve any other road user/pedestrian).

I'm 60 this year as well and still here to tell the tale:); got my first bike three days after my 17th and (no compulsory training back then) was immediately hammering down the road at 80mph. Happy days.

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m still a fair weather biker only started up again a couple of years ago, before that I stopped aged 18 and 40 years later had a midlife crisis and got going again. 

Fuck yeah, screw freezing your arse off in the wind and rain. Second bike I bought after my initial pocket rocket was a Honda Superdream CB250 and I bought it second hand from a guy on a farm about twenty miles from home....but it was in early January and I rode it home through snow and ice; plus I'd made the daft mistake of not taking my gear with me as it was just a "viewing" so I wasn't expecting to do a deal on the spot. Didn't even have any gloves! The pain of that ride is still with me but I loved it in the end. 

(Pic is not of mine but one I found online)

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Fuck yeah, screw freezing your arse off in the wind and rain. Second bike I bought after my initial pocket rocket was a Honda Superdream CB250 and I bought it second hand from a guy on a farm about twenty miles from home....but it was in early January and I rode it home through snow and ice; plus I'd made the daft mistake of not taking my gear with me as it was just a "viewing" so I wasn't expecting to do a deal on the spot. Didn't even have any gloves! The pain of that ride is still with me but I loved it in the end. 

(Pic is not of mine but one I found online)

Capture.JPG

Still a nice looking bike especially in the blue and white, I wonder why I like those colours🤔

8 hours ago, RPG said:

Likewise, pic not of my bike but identical to the one I had. Honda CD 175. Nearly killed myself on it on several occasions.

I would have loved the Superdream but couldn't afford one. Next bike was a BSA C15.

IMG_2987.JPG

Wow what year is that  mate love the look, can’t complete with you boys crack on 

• 5 weeks later...

Cleaned mine and wife’s motors today and did half hour of my online Spanish course, into week 3 of my lockdown and I’m starting to run out of things to do. 
The mrs wants my to do some decorating which I detest, managed to convince her I won’t be able to get the paint so got out of that one. 
Face timing the kids and grandchildren later so that’s something to look forward to.

What are people who are stuck at home doing to pass the time away, and no one say decorating. 

52 minutes ago, Palfy said:

What are people who are stuck at home doing to pass the time away, and no one say decorating.

Screw decorating, hate it. Today I've drunk too much so I need to put myself to bed; wife retired four hours ago and will probably be up around 3:00am and then go back to bed around the time I get up. Very strange times.

• 1 month later...

Sat in the garden with a few 🍺 enjoying the sun the birds singing the dog at laying my feet, thinking I could quite easily get use to this, until the tranquillity of it is broken by my missus wanting to know when I plan cleaning the garage out, they hate to see you enjoying yourself it’s like there mission in life is to keep you on your toes. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Sat in the garden with a few 🍺 enjoying the sun the birds singing the dog at laying my feet, thinking I could quite easily get use to this, until the tranquillity of it is broken by my missus wanting to know when I plan cleaning the garage out, they hate to see you enjoying yourself it’s like there mission in life is to keep you on your toes. 

Our garden, front and back, is getting out of hand; I just don't have the energy or strength to do it anymore. My right shoulder, which was damaged and weakened by my surgery six and a half years ago, just gets worse over time.

So today I've bitten the bullet and contacted a local gardener (they're apparently still allowed to work) and he's going to come out and give me a quote. Daughter's partner would normally be first choice but he doesn't drive and obviously I can't go and collect him. Never mind, the money I've saved by not having to fill the car up with diesel for two months will probably cover it.

59 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Our garden, front and back, is getting out of hand; I just don't have the energy or strength to do it anymore. My right shoulder, which was damaged and weakened by my surgery six and a half years ago, just gets worse over time.

So today I've bitten the bullet and contacted a local gardener (they're apparently still allowed to work) and he's going to come out and give me a quote. Daughter's partner would normally be first choice but he doesn't drive and obviously I can't go and collect him. Never mind, the money I've saved by not having to fill the car up with diesel for two months will probably cover it.

Fuel prices are nuts at the moment. We’re about 1.36CHF instead of 1.80 and I think we’ve filled the tank once in 10 weeks? A rough saving of 500chfs!