IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Saturday November 9th

AlbanyNYToffee

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

As I did actually say.

I saw his cross and think was an excellent ball. But that’s all the highlights showed of him, so was hoping people would put me right by pointing out the better bits.

Still suprised  that people think he is a good game defensively despite those moments. Didn’t realise Southampton put us u see so much pressure. But then the defence deserve great credit for withstanding such intense pressure. So maybe some of you are right and he does deserve credit for a good defensive performance.

I admit this is what you dont get from highlights.the highlights made it look like they only had a handful of attacks.

I will reserve judgement until I see more of him.

And I agree with Mina and Holgate. Both are I pressing at the minute. I wasn’t a fan of Mina, but he really looks like he’s getting to grips with the premier league now. And Holgate is benefitting from it.

👏👏👏👏

21 hours ago, Palfy said:

I thought he should have done better with his passing but that’s my opinion. 

I would agree, I actually think he is worse in attack than in defence.

21 hours ago, Shukes said:

I read the twitter feed. There are a lot of positive ones but also just as many people saying they think Coleman is a much better defender. 

That Twitter feed is a bit like our conversation, some people like him, some think his defending is awful. 

If Coleman gets done like that, he is past it. 

But I agree he is an asset going forward. I just think he’s going to face much better opposition than Southampton, and getting rinsed isn’t what we should be expecting if our full backs.

Just a little question, the highlights show Sidibe getting done four times and picking up a yellow. Didn’t see the whole match, but obviously Digne got turned over more than Sidibe.... how many times did Digne get done? Approx?

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

Bailey I’ll leave this one with you. 

Right then lads...

The highlights show 7 clips of him defending.

1. He tries to control a highball and boots it out of play (I would personally consider that a skill, but I shall compare him to other premier league quality right backs).

2. Good defending against the attacker showing good strength

HALF TIME

3. Wins a header, again decent strength to hold off his man.

4. Silly challenge on Djenpro, he must have hacked him about 5 times in the small time he was tracking him.

5. Completely misses his first touch and the ball goes under his foot meaning he is out of position in the counter attack. He gets back well enough though.

6. This is the foul he gives away which I think is great defending, getting his body between man and ball but each to their own.

7. Good defending in the left back channel sticking with Boufal and stopping the ball in. He shows that he can only tackle with his right foot though, its actually quite awkward to watch.

What wasn't on the highlights is that he is very quick into the press. The opposition doesn't have time to take a touch and turn, he is straight into them. He also seems to cover pretty well, he made a great challenge in the first half when we looked in a bit of trouble and he does get up and down the wing. He isn't someone who is going to watch the attacker run past him and give it up.

In my opinion the two worst bits of play were the two fuck ups when in possession, in the miscontrol and the first touch clearance. In comparison with Coleman, I think Sidibe has more energy to get up and down and their crossing is of a similar quality. Defensively though I think Sidibe is stronger, quicker and probably fitter too. I don't think there is a lot of difference in their positioning or ability to read the game. There isn't a lot of difference between them but I would be sticking with Sidibe for now and see if he will continue to improve for more exposure to the Premier League.

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He shows that he can only tackle with his right foot though, its actually quite awkward to watch.

Main reason Soton managed to get a goal. After Schneiderlin is done Sidibe should be there to block but he's goose stepping to his favoured foot.

On 11/11/2019 at 18:44, pete0 said:

Main reason Soton managed to get a goal. After Schneiderlin is done Sidibe should be there to block but he's goose stepping to his favoured foot.

No it isnt. Schneiderlin was absolutley piss scared of Boufal. Sidibe had his eye on the guy on the edge of the box who would have been free had Boufal cut it back. Sidibe was trying to cover Schneiderlin as well as cover his own man. You just watch Schneiderlin screaming for Sidibe to back him up, he is defeated before the guy even gets close to him. Schneiderlin just needs to stop Boufal at source and then they dont cross or score.

On 11/11/2019 at 21:02, Shukes said:

So what Bailey is trying to say is that out of the two attacks Southampton had, he made two fuck ups! I didn’t think he was great, but I didn’t realise he was 100% bad 😉

😂

On 11/11/2019 at 18:33, Finn balor said:

I like sidibe. A few of his “fouls” were harsh as he’s so tall and physical for a full back when he puts his arm acros to defend the ball his arm goes above chest height which makes it easier for the winger to go down. Whether or not to spend £12 mill on him when we have kenny is another matter 

If he proves himself he and Kenny can battle it out for the starting spot and Coleman can begin to be phased out.