IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Saturday November 9th

AlbanyNYToffee

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

positives:  we won, it was a road win, richarlison and davies scored, our defense looks very solid with mina and holgate.

negatives - morgan is still awful.  digne is a shadow of his former self.  we barely won against a team with will be in the championship next year.  

I thought Morgan played well bar the period around their goal. There is no point playing well for most of the game losing a key moment but he there wasn't much difference between him and Davies in general play.

Thought Sidibé’s defending was truly awful at times, rescued by a couple of good tackles and that perfect cross.  Schneiderlin’s play, for me, was opposite of Sidibé’s: solid throughout, save an awful moment when they scored.

Davies good, Mina good except for that likely penalty that wasn’t called on him, Holgate probably MOTM,  I like Sigurdsson, but he deprived us of 3 scoring opportunities, with 2 pathetic passes to attacking teammates and a weak shot on clear goal-scoring opportunity.

Thrilled to win, but overall we still don’t finish well, and barely beat an awful team today.

So happy we won, listened to the Everton feed, and sounds like we should have put the game to bed by half time. Got to give the lads credit for getting the lead. 
Also just listening to Radio Merseyside post match, Ronnie Goodlass just made a good point about being mentally strong after Gomes injury last week.

Two weeks to hopefully get some of the injured back to fitness ready for Norwich.

I thought we controlled the game for the most part. Particularly in the first half was outstanding - our passing was quick, incisive and one touch. It was lovely to watch. We really need to be better at controlling the scoreline though, especially when we're dominating away from home. While we were comfortable in our play we were not comfortable with the score and when they equalised I just thought "standard" and that a point would then be the best we'd get. But we regrouped and showed a determination to get back in front and get the three points. I'd rather we just win the game straight off but it was good to see us do that.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Watching these highlights again, how many times does Sidibe get done? Players go round him so easily. 

Thought he was  a very good signing, but fearing for us against better teams.

Not sure if it’s just me looking at him too much or not.

It’s not just you.  I thought Sidibé was wildly inconsistent, with some good tackles and that beautiful cross, but also beaten repeatedly at other times.

Of course, most of our players are wildly inconsistent, so.......

2 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Don't know what the down vote is for mate. Sidibe seems to be great going forward but much more vulnerable in defence than Coleman. Perhaps his best position would be as a right midfielder playing in front of Coleman at right back.

Glad I’m not alone, was thinking maybe I’m missing something. 

I’ll think he’s good going forward. Crosses a bit hit and miss, but generally he’s got a good touch. But he turns like an artic and is easily ran past. It could be that he needs to time to adjust to the speed of the league, not sure.

The downvote is from Palf, I would be more worried if I got a green haha 😉

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Watching these highlights again, how many times does Sidibe get done? Players go round him so easily. 

Which highlights did you watch out of interest?

I thought he did well defensively, very sharp into the tackle. I remember he did get done once, but I don't remember anything else. There was the one that led to the foul but  I thought that was a good challenge.

I would be interested to watch it back and re-evaluate.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Glad I’m not alone, was thinking maybe I’m missing something. 

I’ll think he’s good going forward. Crosses a bit hit and miss, but generally he’s got a good touch. But he turns like an artic and is easily ran past. It could be that he needs to time to adjust to the speed of the league, not sure.

The downvote is from Palf, I would be more worried if I got a green haha 😉

I down voted you because I didn’t believe he was that bad or the worse player on the pitch, I thought he had a good game, going forward he was good got some decent crosses in and made some decent tackles in defence, and was an improvement on Coleman of late. 

57 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Which highlights did you watch out of interest?

I thought he did well defensively, very sharp into the tackle. I remember he did get done once, but I don't remember anything else. There was the one that led to the foul but  I thought that was a good challenge.

I would be interested to watch it back and re-evaluate.

I extended highlights on Sky. 

It may be that the majority of the highlights of him where of him getting rinsed. I didn’t get to watch the whole match so didn’t see much of him, other than his cross.

But I honestly don’t think a full back getting rinsed four times during a match is what we should be calling a good defensive game. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I down voted you because I didn’t believe he was that bad or the worse player on the pitch, I thought he had a good game, going forward he was good got some decent crosses in and made some decent tackles in defence, and was an improvement on Coleman of late. 

You don't need to explain mate. 

But as a matter of interest, how many times do you need to get done before it’s called a bad game! 7,8, more?

And other than the obvious Morgan, who is it your rating that had a worse game?

I thought most did well to be fair. 

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Gylfi didn’t do much and when he had opportunities to do something of note he didn’t do so, a couple of easy passes to put us in on goal fluffed, an open opportunity to shoot not taken.Digne didn’t impress poor game from him, and Richarlison was poor in general play although the goal saved his and our day, but he needs to stay on his feet goes down far to easy, and is as much use to the team as a sack of spuds whilst sat on his arse for no good reason. 
And I wouldn’t have chosen Schneiderlin I thought he had as equally a good game as the 3 I mentioned if not better, which could have been a very good game if not for his part in their goal which marred it for him, but still overall a good performance. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I extended highlights on Sky. 

It may be that the majority of the highlights of him where of him getting rinsed. I didn’t get to watch the whole match so didn’t see much of him, other than his cross.

But I honestly don’t think a full back getting rinsed four times during a match is what we should be calling a good defensive game. 

Cheers, Ill have a look.

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Gylfi didn’t do much and when he had opportunities to do something of note he didn’t do so, a couple of easy passes to put us in on goal fluffed, an open opportunity to shoot not taken.Digne didn’t impress poor game from him, and Richarlison was poor in general play although the goal saved his and our day, but he needs to stay on his feet goes down far to easy, and is as much use to the team as a sack of spuds whilst sat on his arse for no good reason. 
And I wouldn’t have chosen Schneiderlin I thought he had as equally a good game as the 3 I mentioned if not better, which could have been a very good game if not for his part in their goal which marred it for him, but still overall a good performance. 

I thought Gylfi was a little unlucky, in my opinion they werent easy passes at all. He was pretty instrumental in us playing well first half.

I agree about Richarlison. He was shite all game despite scoring the goal.

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Cheers, Ill have a look.

I thought Gylfi was a little unlucky, in my opinion they werent easy passes at all. He was pretty instrumental in us playing well first half.

I agree about Richarlison. He was shite all game despite scoring the goal.

I thought he should have done better with his passing but that’s my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

You don't need to explain mate. 

But as a matter of interest, how many times do you need to get done before it’s called a bad game! 7,8, more?

I thought most did well to be fair. 

If you look at Twitter Evertonians are praising Sidibe for his performance against Southampton, I struggled to find to many negative tweets most want him signed up as the replacement for Coleman who has been struggling for the last couple of seasons. 

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If you look at Twitter Evertonians are praising Sidibe for his performance against Southampton, I struggled to find to many negative tweets most want him signed up as the replacement for Coleman who has been struggling for the last couple of seasons. 

I read the twitter feed. There are a lot of positive ones but also just as many people saying they think Coleman is a much better defender. 

That Twitter feed is a bit like our conversation, some people like him, some think his defending is awful. 

If Coleman gets done like that, he is past it. 

But I agree he is an asset going forward. I just think he’s going to face much better opposition than Southampton, and getting rinsed isn’t what we should be expecting if our full backs.

Just a little question, the highlights show Sidibe getting done four times and picking up a yellow. Didn’t see the whole match, but obviously Digne got turned over more than Sidibe.... how many times did Digne get done? Approx?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I read the twitter feed. There are a lot of positive ones but also just as many people saying they think Coleman is a much better defender. 

That Twitter feed is a bit like our conversation, some people like him, some think his defending is awful. 

If Coleman gets done like that, he is past it. 

But I agree he is an asset going forward. I just think he’s going to face much better opposition than Southampton, and getting rinsed isn’t what we should be expecting if our full backs.

Just a little question, the highlights show Sidibe getting done four times and picking up a yellow. Didn’t see the whole match, but obviously Digne got turned over more than Sidibe.... how many times did Digne get done? Approx?

He got done once or twice  but was far in affective going forward, which has been the biggest plus in his game, but I don’t really want to compare every player out there with each other, I just felt that Sidibe didn’t warrant being singled out as you did in your original post, he did a lot of good things that you gave him little or no credit for which I felt was a bit harsh when there were worse performances out there. 
But we all see things differently and you and me more than most, but we always do it respectfully. 
Now fook off and leave me a lone 😉😂😂😂

20 hours ago, Shukes said:

Shortlisted for the ballon d'or after his performance.

B67C9D6C-78C5-4A51-B89E-8EDD598020FA.jpeg

It seems there are, consistently, three weak links in the team: Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, and Richarlison. Yes, I know Richarlison scored the winner, but he doesn't appear to contribute that effectively in most games, and his falling at the slightest touch reflects poorly on him and the team. I'd like to see how we'd do without these three - even during this time when several are out injured.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

if you got your rating of sidibe from highlights well that's why.  you didn't watch the whole game.  he mina and holgate were very solid back there.  he is a lot better than current form seamus.  

As I did actually say.

I saw his cross and think was an excellent ball. But that’s all the highlights showed of him, so was hoping people would put me right by pointing out the better bits.

Still suprised  that people think he is a good game defensively despite those moments. Didn’t realise Southampton put us u see so much pressure. But then the defence deserve great credit for withstanding such intense pressure. So maybe some of you are right and he does deserve credit for a good defensive performance.

I admit this is what you dont get from highlights.the highlights made it look like they only had a handful of attacks.

I will reserve judgement until I see more of him.

And I agree with Mina and Holgate. Both are I pressing at the minute. I wasn’t a fan of Mina, but he really looks like he’s getting to grips with the premier league now. And Holgate is benefitting from it.