IGNORED

Final position in the table

Final position in the table  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which position will Everton finish in the table?

• 6th, 7th or 8th
    • 9th or 10th
    • 11th, 12th
    • 13th, 14th, 15th
    • 16th or 17th
    • Relegated

1 minute ago, StevO said:

If they do well in their games in hand, and in the game with Arsenal right now, they are right on our tail. We have to beat them, we can’t even afford a draw against them. 

If’s don’t make points, like I said there not staying up because we go down there be going with us. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If’s don’t make points, like I said there not staying up because we go down there be going with us. 

They don’t make points, but the games we’ve played and lost are gone. They still have an opportunity to catch up. Once everyone catches up on missed games, probably April time, I expect it to be very tight down there. 
Still think we’ll finish 12th, but I’m being a terrified optimist. 

It sounds obvious but we need to win a couple of games and win them quickly. It will just put little distance between us and relegation and hopefully allow the squad to relax a bit and play better football. 

The more those teams around us pick up points, the more anxious the squad will get and the more mistakes we will make. 

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

They don’t make points, but the games we’ve played and lost are gone. They still have an opportunity to catch up. Once everyone catches up on missed games, probably April time, I expect it to be very tight down there. 
Still think we’ll finish 12th, but I’m being a terrified optimist. 

I’d be over the moon to finish 12th, I think we will be in the mix of 6-7 teams fighting till the end of the season to avoid relegation, we need a manager and soon who can demand respect from a group of players who must think they can manage themselves. 

20 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Burnley picked up a point at Arsenal.  Norwich have back to back wins. Newcastle's last three are a win and two draws.  

While we are sitting at the very bottom of the form table.  It is really not looking good.

Plus a very tough run of games on the horizon.

I would be very surprised if we dont have one of the toughest schedules... although I would argue we do have the best squad of those at the bottom we should be able to cope a lot better.

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Plus a very tough run of games on the horizon.

Might be a good thing, since the beginning of October we've been beaten by Watford, West Ham, Brentford, Wolves, Palace, Villa, Norwich and Brighton (+Liverpool and City) and only picked up points against Manchester United, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal; so performing much better against better teams.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Might be a good thing, since the beginning of October we've been beaten by Watford, West Ham, Brentford, Wolves, Palace, Villa, Norwich and Brighton (+Liverpool and City) and only picked up points against Manchester United, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal; so performing much better against better teams.

Maybe... its not a theory I would like to hang my hat on though. 

I think it suited Benitez's was of playing (counter attack) but it might not suit whoever we decide to employ as manager next. 

• 2 weeks later...

This article says we’d be up to 11th right now on 25 points, but VAR has done us in.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4580290/premier-league-without-var-arsenal-in-champions-league-places-everton-soar-to-safety

The article doesn’t mention how our mediocre play has also done us in.  Nor, for that matter, injuries and Benitez’s tactics.