IGNORED

Alex Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Exciting one for me this.

As a Guernseyman and former Guernsey FC season ticket holder it's not only great to see our players making it on to the big stage but even better when they can join Everton.

Not only that but he's I know his parents who are cousins of my step dad (awaits inbred Islander jokes about us all being related!).

Sadly I've not actually seen him play as I left Guernsey before he started playing for them but have followed his progress and he's really grown quickly at Bristol City, joining at a young age and becoming a regular in the team loved by the fans so quickly.

He was travelling to Southampton academy every weekend from Guernsey when he was still at Primary school and I think until he was about 14/15.

Seems a lot of interest in him, Spurs, West Ham and Leicester all interested at the moment.  Hopefully Lampy and the new DOF can convince him Everton is the place to be.

Got all fingers crossed that the lad joins

37 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

As a Guernseyman and former Guernsey FC season ticket holder it's not only great to see our players making it on to the big stage but even better when they can join Everton.

Not only that but he's I know his parents who are cousins of my step dad (awaits inbred Islander jokes about us all being related!).

Sadly I've not actually seen him play as I left Guernsey before he started playing for them but have followed his progress and he's really grown quickly at Bristol City, joining at a young age and becoming a regular in the team loved by the fans so quickly.

He was travelling to Southampton academy every weekend from Guernsey when he was still at Primary school and I think until he was about 14/15.

Seems a lot of interest in him, Spurs, West Ham and Leicester all interested at the moment.  Hopefully Lampy and the new DOF can convince him Everton is the place to be.

Got all fingers crossed that the lad joins

Get a good word in there for us! 

10 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Got all 6 fingers crossed that the lad joins

FIFY if expanded 🤪

11 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Guernsey is a very special place for me (I've told you in the past I'm sure); all our childhood holidays were there and many visits since, most recent being my mum's last trip before she died in 2017.

Hopefully we get the lad and do a pre-season training camp on the island to ease him in....I'll be there!

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

Guernsey is a very special place for me (I've told you in the past I'm sure); all our childhood holidays were there and many visits since, most recent being my mum's last trip before she died in 2017.

Hopefully we get the lad and do a pre-season training camp on the island to ease him in....I'll be there!

I saw us play there once, I can't remember when it was (but Google can), it was in 1997, we were pretty poor but did put Guernsey away 6-0.  I went to the airport to see them all arrive though I think they'd maybe enjoyed the inflight hospitality a bit much as they all legged it to the toilet!  Big Dunc was playing and scored, Graham Stuart got 2 and Gavin McCann got his only ever 2 goals for us!

I don't think Premier League teams would bother with the expense and effort of getting to the Channel Islands for a game nowadays though where most of preseason is promotional trips!  Even Bristol City only sent an U23 side I think when they played a preseason friendly recently.