IGNORED

West Ham (Away) Sun 3rd April

dunlopp9987

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It all comes down to who wants it most and winning individual battles - the battles do require quality albeit. We can talk x y z about lampards tactics but to think he isn’t aware of the pros and cons of certain set ups against certain teams is absurd.

he has a back room staff who have forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know. 

the top and bottom of it is the players have to want it. 

Lampard set the team up to play right into Spurs hands. 

He did nothing to stop Soton dominating us for 70-75 minutes. 

Its very early days, but there have to be big questions over what Lampard and his backroom staff are bringing to the table regardless of their knowledge and experience. If they are great tacticians then its either a case that they cant imprint those ideas on the players or they cant motivate the players. 

That wouldnt show the players in a good light but it also doesnt reflect well on the management either.

I think a sign of a good manager is seeing how they improve individuals. The team as a collective may not improve but there usually individuals in that group that turn their form around or go onto a new level. Again it is very early days but there are no signs of that yet.

I definitely think the management team need a pre-season but it needs to be ahead of a season in the Premiership not the Championship.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Interesting...

Coleman not fit after international duty.

Keane captain... that will surprise and anger a lot on here I imagine. 

Gordon dropped for Iwobi and Gray.

Kenny starting ahead of Patterson who doesn't even make the bench.

Mykolenko getting a run out.

Donny and Doucoure as a two man midfield. No Gomes in the squad.

11 minutes ago, badaids said:

I was reading an old article from 2007 or so that quotes Fergie. He says that bravery and commitment are important, but doesn’t define it as getting stuck in and charging about. Fergie defines bravery and commitment as showing for and demanding the ball  even when the team are losing or playing like shite. 

We’ll need a lot of that today.

I was Lino today for U12s. 
I heard the coach talking to the left back “how fast are you?” He answered pretty fast. 
“Good, be brave and get forward in to that hole, you have the pace to get back if needed… but be brave and trust yourself!”.

The lad had a stinker, but the team won 4-3. The lad came off with a huge smile, and while it didn’t all go to plan for him…he had a go and his confidence took a lift.

That’s an attacking lineup. Bit risky away at West Ham. I live us to attack, but feel that middle is a little weak.

I get giving Gordon a rest. Played his heart out recently and it’s showing. Played two matches during break as well. 
Imagine how hungry he will be to get on. Iwobi and Gray better perform or he will be begging to get on.

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

What’s behind Gordon being dropped? Must be carrying a knock. 

I think it’s just the work rate over the last few weeks, the lads been pushing as hard as any player in the league.

Give him a break and let him come on against tired legs and run at them.

He played 90 minutes on the 29th against Albania and 19 minutes against Andorra a few days earlier.

I don't think the other two played at all and they would have been working with Lampard all week.

I imagine Gordon could have started if Lampard wanted him to, but a combination of the two factors above, has probably led to him starting from the bench today. 

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

Keane as captain can only be to motivate him. Otherwise I’m baffled by it.

It’s a ruse to confuse the opposition. 

However, if I was on the hammers team, Ima be like « let’s totally smash Keane first 20 minutes, run at him, turn him, cave him in ».