IGNORED

West Ham (Away) Sun 3rd April

dunlopp9987

Surely it’s time for us to play Patterson. If we’re going to lose we might as well do it with some endeavour.

Pickford

Patterson   Godfrey    Keane       Myko

DVB                      Doucs

Gordon                  Iwobi                Gray

Richarlison

39 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

From the press conference you would assume that both Delph and Mina are not in the squad on Sunday and that only Delph has a chance for Burnley. Unless Frank was playing mind games which he does not seem the sort.

Delph wasn't in any of the training images/videos, which suggests that the useless fucking lump is injured again.

Unless DCL has injured himself again I'd highly expect he'll be starting and with a decent time in training with him I'm sure Frank will have been working with the available squad to get the most out of him.

It's a shame to drop Gray as he's been arguably our biggest goal threat this season but I'd go with what we had last season with Richarlison on the left side and DCL in the middle.

I do quite like the look of that 4-4-3 with Iwobi. The 3-4-3 with Coleman was suggested on the Echo podcast around Frank seemingly wanting to keep Seamus in the side.  Wouldn't be my preference but would get Patterson a game and give him some protection. 

Will be taking my daughter swimming so will miss this, Everton have depressed me this season so much that if I'm being totally honest it's started/starting to affect me mentally to be honest, so probably not a bad thing that I'll not be able to keep track of this live. 

Expect us to be absolutely hammered (pun intended). Probably about 4-0. The game against Burnley is what will make or break our survival, nothing more and nothing less. 

54 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Will be taking my daughter swimming so will miss this, Everton have depressed me this season so much that if I'm being totally honest it's started/starting to affect me mentally to be honest, so probably not a bad thing that I'll not be able to keep track of this live. 

Expect us to be absolutely hammered (pun intended). Probably about 4-0. The game against Burnley is what will make or break our survival, nothing more and nothing less. 

I get the mentality effect you mentioned, to be honest as well it’s got to me, so much so I’m shying away more and more with anything to do with Everton, just to try and avoid mood swings and the feeling of hopelessness. 

I fear that this West Ham side are exactly the type of team to pick apart how Lampard wants us to play. 

I think we have more chance of beating them by sitting a bit deeper and playing on the counter attack. If we go after them, I feel they will be the ones that just pick us off, taking advantage of our moments of overplaying. 

Antonio will prove to be to strong for our CBs, he will run and bully them into the ground making space and opportunities for others. Tactically as a manager Lampard isn’t in Moyes league, Moyes can pick a team and tactic’s to combat the opposition threat and impose his style, I can’t see us getting anything from this game we will be out fought and out thought. 

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

Antonio will prove to be to strong for our CBs, he will run and bully them into the ground making space and opportunities for others. Tactically as a manager Lampard isn’t in Moyes league, Moyes can pick a team and tactic’s to combat the opposition threat and impose his style, I can’t see us getting anything from this game we will be out fought and out thought. 

Agreed. I think this would actually be the shock of the season for me if we're able to get a point out of this. 

It all comes down to who wants it most and winning individual battles - the battles do require quality albeit. We can talk x y z about lampards tactics but to think he isn’t aware of the pros and cons of certain set ups against certain teams is absurd.

he has a back room staff who have forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know. 

the top and bottom of it is the players have to want it. 

35 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

the top and bottom of it is the players have to want it. 

This is what petrifies me - without Allan and Mina and even Delph (sorry!) we seriously lack that tenacity. Soucek and Rice will have it so easy today and then they’ve got Lanzini and Fornals ahead of them too who will get stuck in and have that bit of flair to punish us. I just hope they have an off day with the massive European game on Thursday.

Looking ahead to Burnley, they’ll have Westwood, Cork, Brownhill etc. nowhere near the quality of van der Beek, Gomes, Doucoure, Dele but Burnley will know what they’ll get from each and everyone of them - I don’t have a clue what we’ll get game by game from our mishmash!

On 02/04/2022 at 19:13, FairWooney said:

Unless DCL has injured himself again I'd highly expect he'll be starting and with a decent time in training with him I'm sure Frank will have been working with the available squad to get the most out of him.

It's a shame to drop Gray as he's been arguably our biggest goal threat this season but I'd go with what we had last season with Richarlison on the left side and DCL in the middle.

I do quite like the look of that 4-4-3 with Iwobi. The 3-4-3 with Coleman was suggested on the Echo podcast around Frank seemingly wanting to keep Seamus in the side.  Wouldn't be my preference but would get Patterson a game and give him some protection. 

We would still be shit with the extra man.

I watched Watford yesterday and at no stage did they deviate from the game plan - it’s called discipline and their players stuck to it.  

arguably could have scored a couple of goals.  If our players could just do that we would be ok…

I don’t give a fuck if it’s Rafa, lampard, of Mike walker….. the players we have should return more points despite the tactics. We should not be where we are and that’s on the players. 

I was reading an old article from 2007 or so that quotes Fergie. He says that bravery and commitment are important, but doesn’t define it as getting stuck in and charging about. Fergie defines bravery and commitment as showing for and demanding the ball  even when the team are losing or playing like shite. 

We’ll need a lot of that today.