IGNORED

Away at Luton 3rd May 2024

Matt

• Luton Town have already beaten Everton twice this season, once in the Premier League and once in the FA Cup fourth round. As a league club, the Hatters last beat another team three times in one season in 1988-89 against West Ham. The last newly promoted club to beat the Toffees three times in a season were Leeds United in 1964-65.

• This is Everton's first away match against Luton since a 1-0 win in the League Cup in October 2007, with Tim Cahill netting an extra-time winner. Their most recent league visit to Kenilworth Road was also a 1-0 victory back in November 1991 with Robert Warzycha the scorer.

• Luton have won just one of their past 14 Premier League games (D3 L10), with no side picking up fewer points than the Hatters since the start of this run (six). Despite this, they have only failed to score in one of their past 23 league games - a 2-0 defeat at league leaders Arsenal last month.

• Everton are winless in nine away Premier League games (D3 L6) since beating Burnley 2-0 in December. Five of the Toffees' first eight league wins this season came away from home - each of their past four have all been at Goodison Park.

• Carlton Morris is Luton's top scorer in the Premier League this season with 10 goals. He has scored in four of his past six appearances at Kenilworth Road, and also netted the Hatters' winner in the reverse fixture against Everton.

• Luton's Ross Barkley, who made 150 league appearances for Everton between 2011 and 2017, has scored just one goal in 10 Premier League games against sides he has previously played for in the competition. That strike came in a match at Kenilworth Road this season in a 3-2 defeat by Chelsea.

This game will actually depend massively on what Luton Town bring to it. Many of us have commented of the spirit and fight they have been showing this season which seems to have tailed off a bit this past 3 or 4 games, maybe fatigue of a season.  If they get a second wind it what is argubley the most important game of the season for them now, they are going to make this a very difficult game - I imagine their supporters are going to be well up for it. 

It's just nice to be in a game without feeling the worries of the world!!!

48 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

This game will actually depend massively on what Luton Town bring to it. Many of us have commented of the spirit and fight they have been showing this season which seems to have tailed off a bit this past 3 or 4 games, maybe fatigue of a season.  If they get a second wind it what is argubley the most important game of the season for them now, they are going to make this a very difficult game - I imagine their supporters are going to be well up for it. 

It's just nice to be in a game without feeling the worries of the world!!!

They're going to go full throttle so I'm assuming we just sit back and hit on the counter.

I hope we are able to take this oppertunity to make the points gap even bigger than the 11 we currently have. There have been whisperings of adminsration and another 9 points gap. Now I take rumours with the contempt they deserve. However, it would do no harm whatso ever at being 12points clear of Luton by the last day. Making us relgation proof to a 9point deduction.

As long as we are safe points wise from administration this season, then I would rather take the hit this over next. Don't beleieve it will happen, but not an impossibility. 

Point being - win this fucking game just in case!

39 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I hope we are able to take this oppertunity to make the points gap even bigger than the 11 we currently have. There have been whisperings of adminsration and another 9 points gap. Now I take rumours with the contempt they deserve. However, it would do no harm whatso ever at being 12points clear of Luton by the last day. Making us relgation proof to a 9point deduction.

As long as we are safe points wise from administration this season, then I would rather take the hit this over next. Don't beleieve it will happen, but not an impossibility. 

Point being - win this fucking game just in case!

The deduction for administration would only apply next season.