IGNORED

Away at Luton 3rd May 2024

Matt

Young being massively targeted by Luton.

It might be worth bringing Coleman on for him. Godfrey to LB.

We're doing alright. There's more calmness to our play. We're passing it round nicely.

Just doing what we need to do.

About as expected so far. Their goal was very well taken, but we've controlled the game for the most part. They're gonna have to go all out now though, I expect us to park the bus and counter. 

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Young being massively targeted by Luton.

It might be worth bringing Coleman on for him. Godfrey to LB.

We're doing alright. There's more calmness to our play. We're passing it round nicely.

Just doing what we need to do.

Playing with no pressure on the result makes all the difference. 

Not a lot to say about this game, once again. Also again, the performance wasn't a surprise to me - I was thinking that after the pressure valve was released after securing safety it could mean that we'd take our foot off the pedal subconsciously and obviously Luton still have a lot to play for and would be the team that pushed more.

The onus was on Luton to get the result tonight and ultimately they didn't do enough to get it. So, for me, it was a hard earned and well earned point for us.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Not a lot to say about this game, once again. Also again, the performance wasn't a surprise to me - I was thinking that after the pressure valve was released after securing safety it could mean that we'd take our foot off the pedal subconsciously and obviously Luton still have a lot to play for and would be the team that pushed more.

The onus was on Luton to get the result tonight and ultimately they didn't do enough to get it. So, for me, it was a hard earned and well earned point for us.

pretty much somes it up. 

game turned out to the expected script.

disappointed for Pickford to be out of golden glove award. that would have been a great nod to how well we have done defensively this season. just need to improve the other end a bit next season.

I'm satisfied with the draw. Yeah it would have been great to get the win but Luton has more to play for than us. 

They did bring up on commentary that no team that has lost 23 PL matches in a season has ever avoided relegation. Had we won today, that would have been Luton's 23rd loss of the season. 

Watched the game last night with a few blues.  I thought it gave a much needed "wake up and smell the roses" message to us after the great week we had where 3 wins got us over the line.

The top and bottom of it is the team needs surgery and we will likely need to buy some players of the ilk of Luton who have supreme athleticism. 

if we never got the win vs Brentford we would have been a bit frantic watching that. We've not beaten Luton in 3 attempts..... people can ridicule them etc etc but despite the 8 points fine we should not even be in a contest with teams like that.

we've got serious serious work to do. Get Onana out of the club asap, he reeks of everything that has seen us become a club that overpays shite players.  I thought he was talented but lazy... he's not even that talented. I'd sell him for the money we paid for him if we had to.