IGNORED

James Mcfadden

FWB? Footballer with benefits?

At least McFadden sucks once a week ;-)

Joking aside - desperate times call for desperate measures it seems. Best folks can do is get behind him, give him a chance, and them knock him (and Moyes) if it doesn't work out. I just don't see what other choice you have!

Give him a chance? It's not like we're completely clueless as to what his abilities are, he's been here before remember so we all know exactly what he's going to bring to the table. And it won't be much. But I'm sure Moyes will persevere playing him despite shit performances just because he knows what Faddy is about too. Heaven forbid we go with someone untested who might actually give us something different, and give the opposition something different to think about, rather than the one paced (snail) shite we currently play. To which Faddy will add to that because if he was any slower he'd be going fucking backwards, much like the rest of our bastard midfield. Forget about the oppositions goal being at the other end of the pitch.

Sorry, I went off on a bit of a ranting tangent there!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faddy was hardly given a chance first time round. Why is everyone going on like he'll be playing every week.

He was often bought on for AJ when he had burned 20,000 calories chasing lumped balls down the channels, now he will be brought on for osman when moyes realises he offers nothing down the left - to further give us nothing down the left.

He was often bought on for AJ when he had burned 20,000 calories chasing lumped balls down the channels, now he will be brought on for osman when moyes realises he offers nothing down the left - to further give us nothing down the left.

I laughed, then got filled with sadness from this harsh truth. Atleast we won't have to see the rat tail flapping behind his short back and sides this time.

Am hoping he's been brought in as a 3rd choice striker as a replacement for Beckford. In which case it's a good deal as theres not much between the two. Both hit and miss, only differences is Faddy has a lil bit of class and Beckford can run.

If McFadden plays, they will be minutes on the pitch that could be used to develop one of the young lads, if he doen't play then whats the point in bringing him in. If he is higher up in the pecking order than Gueye or Vellios then yes he will take playing time off them, if he is not then we really don't need hm as these lads barely get any playing time as it is so he will get none, again pointless. Moyes isn't going to come out and say McFaddens arrival will limit young players time on the pitch, but that is a biproduct of having a larger squad. Any players we bring n should improve the squad, I just don't feel McFadden does that.

This

My first reaction was one of disbelief too, but then I looked at the bigger picture, and the bottom line is we are skint, and a free James Mcfadden is better than an Everton without him. Saha hasn't had a long period of injury free play since his Fulham days, and he isn't scoring. Moyes has something in mind. Let's see what it is before worrying.

He may have no transfer fee but we will still be paying a signing fee & a decent chunk in wages & no doubt a decent appearance fee if he ever does make the pitch. Considering we are losing around £5mil a year he will probably add close to another £1mil before the end of the season when we should be saving every penny.

Give him a chance? It's not like we're completely clueless as to what his abilities are, he's been here before remember so we all know exactly what he's going to bring to the table. And it won't be much. But I'm sure Moyes will persevere playing him despite shit performances just because he knows what Faddy is about too. Heaven forbid we go with someone untested who might actually give us something different, and give the opposition something different to think about, rather than the one paced (snail) shite we currently play. To which Faddy will add to that because if he was any slower he'd be going fucking backwards, much like the rest of our bastard midfield. Forget about the oppositions goal being at the other end of the pitch.

Sorry, I went off on a bit of a ranting tangent there!

Haha this made me laugh... Until I realised this is what is likely to happen at Fulham this weekend!

This

He may have no transfer fee but we will still be paying a signing fee & a decent chunk in wages & no doubt a decent appearance fee if he ever does make the pitch. Considering we are losing around £5mil a year he will probably add close to another £1mil before the end of the season when we should be saving every penny.

Haha this made me laugh... Until I realised this is what is likely to happen at Fulham this weekend!

Don't you think Everton have considered all monies involved mate?

Probably from the fact that drenthe, vellios, gueye, havent started yet, Barkley has been, but now isn't, and jonny when fit doesn't!

Drenthe has started and finished a game and was woeful, against WBA

Why are people shouting for him to start, so far for me he looks like a chubby version of Bily but with a nicer car?

I really hope it works out for the lad , but he has done fook all to deserve a starting spot yet

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Why are people shouting for him to start, so far for me he looks like a chubby version of Bily but with a nicer car?

I really hope it works out for the lad , but he has done fook all to deserve a starting spot yet

Yeah forgot about the carling cup match, but hey we won didn't we, ahem! ;)

1 full game? Thats it? Hes shit of a shovel quick, hes composed and provides more energy than Bily does. Hes not had a chance of a run yet so far too early to write him off.

1 full game? Thats it? Hes shit of a shovel quick, hes composed and provides more energy than Bily does. Hes not had a chance of a run yet so far too early to write him off.

This.

He's come on as a sub, what? four times? and got a goal and an assist. He hadn't played for the best part of a year had he? Think he's doing alright personally, apart from the major cock up against City. Much prefer to see him play than Faddy or Billy thats for sure! Actually quite worried by Gueye's situation at the moment aswell, seems to be injured quite a bit and havent heard anything of him in the reserves for a while either. Heard his house got broken into the other day as well.

Don't you think Everton have considered all monies involved mate?

I dont think they have considered the potential return on his investment, unless they are planning on selling him come January. Even then his wages etc would probably negate any money we received as a transfer fee.

I didnt see the game against West Brom so I cant comment on that, however, he has shown more than any other wide player we have on the books when he has come on as a substitute. He also has a goal and a couple of assists to his name (I thought a couple but someone else posted it was one so I may be wrong). Yes he is also partly responsible for costing us a goal, but he looks like a player who is trying to create something. He does run around like a headless chicken and he doesnt get rid to the nearest player the minute he is under pressure. He has strength and pace, and tries to make things happens. Yes there will be times when it doesnt come off, but I am prepared to accept that some days he will be crap, because generally he will bring more to our team than any of the alternatives.

If the likes of Coleman, Bily & Osman were tearing it up, I could understand your point of view, but all 3 of them combined have shown less this season than what I have seen from Drenthe off the bench. The same could be said with regards to Saha & Vellios to be honest.

Think its a bit unfair to say drenthe has done nothing. we've had tough games which any other than the usual three teams would struggle with. We were better in the derby before jack was sent off.. Have found some of the comments posted elsewhere regarding Faddy a bit sad.. The season we sold him he shined in europe. wonder what would have happened with fiorentina if we'd kept him a bit longer.. We paid 1.25m, sold him for 5m and he's back for free.. No one had a go at peter reid for his lack of pace or teddy sherringham..

Think its a bit unfair to say drenthe has done nothing. we've had tough games which any other than the usual three teams would struggle with. We were better in the derby before jack was sent off.. Have found some of the comments posted elsewhere regarding Faddy a bit sad.. The season we sold him he shined in europe. wonder what would have happened with fiorentina if we'd kept him a bit longer.. We paid 1.25m, sold him for 5m and he's back for free.. No one had a go at peter reid for his lack of pace or teddy sherringham..

Sheringham and reids game was not about beating a man.