IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Lawrence Olivier's version of Henry V just started on BBC2.

During the Agincourt scene, when the evil French come into the English camp and burn all the tents and kill all the squires...

"'Tis certain there's not a boy left alive; and the

cowardly rascals that ran from the battle ha' done

this slaughter:"

...the lad you see running, then dead while Olivier makes his speech...

"I was not angry since I came to France

Until this instant...."

...is my dad at sixteen :) .

( :lol: My mistake....it was the (inferior) Kenneth Brannagh version :whistle: )

finaly finished watching the end of series 2 of Californication, rather good stuff, especially if the missus is in another country! anyone know if theyre making a series 3? Seen rumours but not much else...

Edited by galacticaracnid

finaly finished watching the end of series 2 of Californication, rather good stuff, especially if the missus is in another country! anyone know if theyre making a series 3? Seen rumours but not much else...

Didn't like season 2 as much as I did season 1. There is a third season (http://epguides.com/Californication/). It's on my computer but haven't watched it yet.

Sat watching Eddie Izzard: Marathon man. Stunning achievement....but I mention it because they've just shown him running along the County Road, past Winslow Street and you can see Goodison in the background :) .

Even that is a bit of an understatement. Honestly, i couldnt have been more impressed. They say a full athlete would have to take 3 weeks break for their bodies to recover, yet he does it day after day. crazy!! Alot of respect for Izzard!!

Sat watching Eddie Izzard: Marathon man. Stunning achievement....but I mention it because they've just shown him running along the County Road, past Winslow Street and you can see Goodison in the background :) .

I watched that as well Mike, it was a really good watch.

I watched Wonders of the Solar System last night too. I don't understand half of it but it was interesting nevertheless lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the first half of 2012 last night....what a pile of cack. Not sure if I can be arsed to watch the rest.

Didn't know this was an english word too (it exsist in dutch aswell).

sorry this made me LOL quite hard :blink:

btw, I just got into the show curb your enthusiasm, i believe someone has or had it in his sig on toffeetalk, absolutly brilliant :D

agreed, great achievement. Maybe though, he shouldve spent the time perfecting his latest stand up (Stripped i think it was called) because it was utter rubbish....

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching Rome season 2. What an amazing series. Recommend it to anyone who has an interest in that time period. The show tries to more or less accurately depict the events that actually occurred unlike "Spartacus Blood and Sand" which is also a good show but more in the style of the movie 300.