IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

I recently watched REC.

The film follows a Spanish late-night television reporter,Ángela Vidal, through the lens of her cameraman, Pablo. During one report of the happenings in a local fire station in Barcelona, the duo follow a team of firefighters who get a call from an apartment building nearby about a trapped woman. When they arrive, they find the apartment's residents huddled in the lobby. They go upstairs to find a woman who is obviously distressed. What follows is a night that none of them will ever forget (imdb)

It was a decent movie, and for it to be remade says something. It is a great movie. Now, for those who don't know, the movie Quarantine, is an American remake of Rec, and instead of seeing Quarantine, I saw Rec.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Terminator Salvation last night, thought it was brilliant. Nothing like the other 2 Terminator movies (I'm not counting #3 as it was that shite). Christian Bale plays a good part in it and im looking forward to the next two of the new trilogy.

Just finished watching the last episode of House MD season 5.

Absolutely brilliant, Hugh Laurie is beyond awesome ... Love this show.

What an actor.

Him and Stephen Fry are two of my favorite actors .. Although I prefer them when they're doing drama, the only really funny thing they've done is in the Blackadder series, imo. ("A bit of Fry and Laurie" wasn't all that good).

Edited by holystove

Shawshank is an easy choice of favourite film, and yer it has to be there in the top 10 of all great films

Few others worth a watch, 10 out of 10 for entertainment value

Dead Mans Shoes

This is England

Running Scared

Requiem For a Dream

Ive seen this is england very good film but havent seen none of the others! You recommend i watch them over the summer then?

Most haunted, Emmerdale and i also like some britcom like 1 pint of lager.... and also loved last season of the contender :) Then i love finnish traveller show Madventures, newest season 3 is btw spoken in english. And i also do watch a lot of foodprograms lol DAvid Rocco´s La Dolce Vita and Anthony Bourdains show is good also :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could be worth a look....kind of updated X-files by the look of it and I used to like that.

The one I noticed was the new Stargate, Universe (Josh & the wife love Atlantis & SG1). Got Robert Carlisle in it, which surprised me. Could be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Three new series have started this week that i can't recomend any higher:-

Generation Kill- From David Simon, the geniue behind the sublime series The Wire. This is about the first troops over in Iraq. It is a very very engrosing series. Most that David Simon touches turns to gold and this is no different.

True Blood- It's a "vampire" show, but so much more, don't dismiss this as being a Buffy or Twilight style thing because it's not. Writen by Alan Ball (Six Feet Under and American Beauty) It focuses on matters of race and sexuality, very addictive.

In Treatement- From the creators of The Soprano's. Follows 5 patients through thearapy sessions, Gabriel Byrne stars as the therapist. The writing is of a hugely high standard.

All these shows are must viewing for anyone who likes high quality drama on TV. It's amazing that there has been fuck al on TV for so long and then 3 amazing series all scheduelled to start at the same week.

Stargate Universe started this week too, it's the Stargate we know and love with a pseudo-Voyager premise, BSG art and atmosphere direction and Lost season 1 desperation. It's pretty awesome. It's dark, gritty and complete with all the humour that made Stargate...well... stargate :P

Sky 1 and Sky 1 HD Tuesdays at 8.

If you missed the first 2 parts of the pilot I'm sure Sky will repeat them multiple times over the week.

Oh, and Robert Carlyle :P

Edited by Grarghsies

I had to watch the latest manifestation of the Stargate monster....Universe.

Wife & Josh are addicted to SG1 & Atlantis so it's been much anticipated.

It was OK....bit darker than the others but it has Robert Carlyle which is a plus.

Seems to have borrowed heavily from Star Trek Voyager for its basic storyline though; crew of disparate characters stranded x billion light years from home try to work out how to get back :) .

Edit: Hehe...two reviews for the price of one there...I'm so slow :unsure: .