IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Insatiable Clara is on Movies 24 at 10.30, may watch that if the family have gone to bed (slightly hot) otherwise I'll search the Discovery channels for anything worth a look

Those late films on Movies 24 & Movies for men crack me up...sex films that go to huge lengths to avoid showing you anything remotely sexual :lol::lol: . Hilarious.

http://www.onthebox.com/

^TV Listings Day-By-Day

That Harry & Paul's getting good reviews, I might look into it but I'm not too keen on either of them. Especially Paul. Has anyone seen it who could give me a little feedback? I liked Harry back in the day with his sketch show but that was when I was 6 or 7. Nowadays I find him out-dated.

http://www.onthebox.com/

^TV Listings Day-By-Day

That Harry & Paul's getting good reviews, I might look into it but I'm not too keen on either of them. Especially Paul. Has anyone seen it who could give me a little feedback? I liked Harry back in the day with his sketch show but that was when I was 6 or 7. Nowadays I find him out-dated.

I watched the first two of this run. The humour was tired, been there seen it and didn't laugh the last time, have not bothered since

prison break tomorrow

and we kind of have a thread like this, called "what are you watching thread" its in the archives somewhere

Well if it's in the archives :rolleyes:

I watched the first two of this run. The humour was tired, been there seen it and didn't laugh the last time, have not bothered since

Yeah, I might not watch it after all. It was just that it was getting good reviews so I was wondering what it was all about. Has anyone seen 'The Dark Knight' yet? Best film ever made IYO?

Has anyone seen 'The Dark Knight' yet? Best film ever made IYO?

Yeah watched it abit ago very good film Heath Ledger plays a top role as the joker well worth a watch. I watched Righteous Kill the other day which is a good film if you like Pacino and De niro its worth watching.

Two films that a watched abit ago that i'd recommend are Street Kings http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421073/ and We Own The Night http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498399/

Tonight its football all the way..................what game will you be watching or don't you bother watching anyone other than us? I've yet to decide and no doubt will end up jumping from one game to another.

Last night I watched a cracking documentary on Disc Sc concerning the mechanics behind a manned flight to Mars. This trip is becoming less fanciful than first thought but it won't happen in my life time

Anyone seen the extended Lord of the Rings trilogy?

An extra two hours over the three films apparently....is it worth the effort?

Bit of a book purist personally, and although I enjoyed the films there are a few glaring omissions, ridiculous additions and some just plain daft and pointless changes to the storyline.

Still think I might give the long versions a go.

Well if it's in the archives :rolleyes:

Yeah, I might not watch it after all. It was just that it was getting good reviews so I was wondering what it was all about. Has anyone seen 'The Dark Knight' yet? Best film ever made IYO?

There was a clip on Look North showing Paul Whitehouse taking off Sir Simon Rattle with a full scouse voice, that was funny so I may just check it out again on BBCi

Just been watching Jeremy Kyle downstairs. It's great that show, a lot better than Trisha and Maury. Ended up in bed yesterday bored watching random channels like 'Homes Under The Hammer' and 'Cash In The Attic' I hate those programs but for some reason they're quite good when your ill :D

The Maths Channel - Maths series for five- to seven-year-olds, addressing tricky topics that pupils find difficult to learn and teachers find hard to explain. The difference between two numbers is the same whether you count on or count back.

^ <_<

Edited by dark

Dark, have you not read the user guidelines? They're here http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?showto...st=0#entry45529

Check Section 2 Item I and consider yourself warned.

A • TEXT TALK - Whilst not banned, text talk is frowned upon in some quarters, it's confusing for some users. Please

apply commonsense, some abbreivations are understandable whilst others are not. Always try to refrain from replylng to posts in text language.

^Text Language?

Good program about normal everyday folk, there are many that will not be recognised but its great for those heroes that are. Among the winners was an army-guy who dove on a grenade to save his mates. He managed to survive the blow due to packaging and armour in his uniform and then proceeded on with the patrol.

Others included a woman who had raised over £45 million for a Breast Cancer Charity and a man who had saved a teenager from a savage dog attack that would have surely lead to the teenagers death.

Excellent program and one which deserves full attention, good to see everyday people getting awards rather than the odd useless celebrity that wins Big Brother.

Tsunami history on BBC 2 at 8

The history of the guitar is on BBC 2 tomorrow night and that should be worth a look

Just finished watching the rugby on Sky, unfortunately the best side won and it wasn't St Helens

That game was brilliant, being a Warriors fan I was more than happy with the result :D

last night: Despatchers : the secret world of lapdancing

that was actually quite good, the fella on it must have been gay tho, got to of been. Anyone who watched will know what im talking about (saying he felt uncomfortable with the women dancing so close to him)

Tonight : Prison Break

last night: Despatchers : the secret world of lapdancing

that was actually quite good, the fella on it must have been gay tho, got to of been. Anyone who watched will know what im talking about (saying he felt uncomfortable with the women dancing so close to him)

Tonight : Prison Break

:lol:

I'm sorry, but I really need to be heading off now, I mean it's getting late.

Ninety Naps a Day.

Amazing show, really weird illness and one which must be hell to live and cope with, sometimes you need to realise how lucky you are.

Narcolepsy is a neurological condition most characterized by Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS), in which a person falls asleep during the day at inappropriate times, such as at work or school. A narcoleptic will most probably experience disturbed nocturnal sleep, which is often confused with insomnia, and disorder of REM or rapid eye movement sleep. It is one of the dyssomnias. A narcoleptic may also fall asleep at random.

The term narcolepsy derives from the French word narcolepsie created in 1880 by the French physician Jean-Baptiste-Édouard Gélineau (1859-1928) by combining the Greek narke numbness, stupor and lepsis attack, seizure.

The main characteristic of narcolepsy is excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS), even after adequate night time sleep. A person with narcolepsy is likely to become drowsy or fall asleep, often at inappropriate times and places. Daytime naps may occur without warning and may be physically irresistible. These naps can occur several times a day. They are typically refreshing, but only for a few hours. Drowsiness may persist for prolonged periods of time. In addition, night time sleep may be fragmented with frequent awakenings.

Four other "classic" symptoms of narcolepsy, which may not occur in all patients, are cataplexy, sleep paralysis, hypnagogic hallucinations, and automatic behavior. Cataplexy is an episodic condition featuring loss of muscle function, ranging from slight weakness (such as limpness at the neck or knees, sagging facial muscles, or inability to speak clearly) to complete body collapse. Episodes may be triggered by sudden emotional reactions such as laughter, anger, surprise, or fear, and may last from a few seconds to several minutes. The person remains conscious throughout the episode. In some cases, cataplexy may resemble epileptic seizures.[2] Sleep paralysis is the temporary inability to talk or move when waking (or less often, falling asleep). It may last a few seconds to minutes. This is often frightening but is not dangerous. Hypnagogic hallucinations are vivid, often frightening, dreamlike experiences that occur while dozing, falling asleep and/or while awakening.

Automatic behavior means that a person continues to function (talking, putting things away, etc.) during sleep episodes, but awakens with no memory of performing such activities. It is estimated that up to 40 percent of people with narcolepsy experience automatic behavior during sleep episodes. Sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations also occur in people who do not have narcolepsy, but more frequently in people who are suffering from extreme lack of sleep. Cataplexy is generally considered to be unique to narcolepsy and is analogous to sleep paralysis in that the usually protective paralysis mechanism occurring during sleep is inappropriately activated. The opposite of this situation (failure to activate this protective paralysis) occurs in rapid eye movement behavior disorder.

In most cases, the first symptom of narcolepsy to appear is excessive and overwhelming daytime sleepiness. The other symptoms may begin alone or in combination months or years after the onset of the daytime naps. There are wide variations in the development, severity, and order of appearance of cataplexy, sleep paralysis, and hypnagogic hallucinations in individuals. Only about 20 to 25 percent of people with narcolepsy experience all four symptoms. The excessive daytime sleepiness generally persists throughout life, but sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations may not.

Although these are the common symptoms of narcolepsy, many people with narcolepsy also suffer from insomnia for extended periods of time. The symptoms of narcolepsy, especially the excessive daytime sleepiness and cataplexy, often become severe enough to cause serious problems in a person's social, personal, and professional life. Normally, when an individual is awake, brain waves show a regular rhythm. When a person first falls asleep, the brain waves become slower and less regular. This sleep state is called non-rapid eye movement (NREM) sleep. After about an hour and a half of NREM sleep, the brain waves begin to show a more active pattern again. This sleep state, called REM sleep (rapid eye movement sleep), is when most remembered dreaming occurs. Associated with the EEG-observed waves during REM sleep, muscle atonia is present (called REM atonia).

In narcolepsy, the order and length of NREM and REM sleep periods are disturbed, with REM sleep occurring at sleep onset instead of after a period of NREM sleep. Thus, narcolepsy is a disorder in which REM sleep appears at an abnormal time. Also, some of the aspects of REM sleep that normally occur only during sleep — lack of muscular control, sleep paralysis, and vivid dreams — occur at other times in people with narcolepsy. For example, the lack of muscular control can occur during wakefulness in a cataplexy episode; it is said that there is intrusion of REM atonia during wakefulness. Sleep paralysis and vivid dreams can occur while falling asleep or waking up. Simply put, the brain does not pass through the normal stages of dozing and deep sleep but goes directly into (and out of) rapid eye movement (REM) sleep.

This has several consequences. Night time sleep does not include as much deep sleep, so the brain tries to "catch up" during the day, hence EDS. People with narcolepsy may visibly fall asleep at unpredicted moments (such motions as head bobbing are common). People with narcolepsy fall quickly into what appears to be very deep sleep, and they wake up suddenly and can be disoriented when they do (dizziness is a common occurrence). They have very vivid dreams, which they often remember in great detail. People with narcolepsy may dream even when they only fall asleep for a few seconds.

Edited by dark