IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Channel 4 tonight for me:

Alan Carr's Celebrity Ding Dong

Comedian Alan Carr returns for a second series of the entertainment show which pits a team of celebrities against members of the public. Alan presides over a battle of the soaps featuring past and present cast members of EastEnders and Coronation Street. Representing The Queen Vic are Martine McCutcheon, Jessie Wallace, Todd Carty and Joe Swash, while Julie Goodyear, Ian Reddington, Sally Lindsay and Bruce Jones fly the flag for the Rovers Return.

The Secret Policeman's Ball

Another chance to see this year's edition of the music and comedy showcase in aid of Amnesty International, recorded at the Albert Hall. Performers include Al Murray, Andrew Maxwell, Chevy Chase, Eddie Izzard, Graham Norton, Russell Brand and The Mighty Boosh

Went and saw the Mummy 3 yesterday. Will now give you my review.

THE MUMMY III:TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPORER

At first, it was quite awkward. The addressal of the Dragon Emporer, I mean. I was expecting more of a blockbuster smash-style starting. Perhaps with some action, a chase sequence, shooting scene, whatever, something that we commonly see in action-comedy cross-breeds these days. But no. Instead we were delivered the history of what the movie was about. Who the Dragon Emporer was. What he did. And in the end how he came to be nothing more than a cold, lifeless corpse.

I wasn't expecting too much from the new Mummy movie. I hadn't expected to see another one being released. I mean, I only found out about a thid film nothing short of a couple of months ago. I was quite pleasantly suprised at this discovery. For starters, I will say that the producers have replaced Rachel Weisz as Evelyn from the first two movies as she had another movie to deal with and didn't even bother to read the script they sent her, offering her the part once again. So they found the replacment (Mario Bello) and made the movie.

with that said, the acting was solid with Brendan Frasier delivering a fitting performance yet again. Bello did fairly well, could have been better though and the rest of the cast were pretty good. Jet Li actually kind of suprised me, I thought he would be terrible but he actually was okay.

The visual effects were stunning and I especially loved how they Yeti looked. They did an awesome job in this department again. The story was fair, could have been improved a bit and the film seemed quite rushed and short. As if there actions were limited. It seemed that due to the short length of most scenes in location that the characters did quite little in the duration of the movie. But there is a tremendous battle scene at the end that is great. Could have been slightly longer though. It too felt rushed.

All in all, however. I would say that The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emporer is probably only qorth seeing if you enjoyed the first two films. But it is a bit of a let-down really.

Something I should have pointed out is that Luke Ford doesn't really act ike the son of Rick O' Connel (Fraser), he acts and looks too mature for the role, in my opinion.

Some of the Chinese actors are a little poor in the skill department and some of the dialogue is cheesy and not funny.

Still, there are a couple of laughs, not too many though. Most of the humor that you would expect from a Mummy movie is dry and there are only a few lines and moments where you laugh, even then, they are mostly giggles anyway.

But the action is definately up to par and matching that of today's expected standards to constant movie-goers who love loads of mindless, fun action.

But my main problem with this picture is Mario Bello, and many, many other people agree with me. Weisz was soo good with her character and her role and on-screen it looked like she actually had large amounts of chemistry with Fraser. Bello doesn't seem to have very little, if any chemistry with her opposite.

Frankly, it some aspects it was a dissapointment, and most will feel as if the film didn't deliver as the franchise casually promises. But most will at least admit that it was an average film and a all fans of the previous two movies should definately give it a watch at least once.

Honestly, I believe that this title deserves a 2.5 out of 5.

Went and watched Mirrors last night with a couple of friends. It's about Mirrors (hence the title) that can actually possess and brutally attack the person they can see. Basically there are evil demons from behind the mirror, the person that's looking back at you isn't you. It's a bad-ass demon.

The film stars Kiether Sutherland, who plays a good part as the lead. He's on medication for his drinking habits and starts to believe that he's seeing things. He gets a job as a cleaner-cop guy at the 'Mayflower' which is a burned down department store that killed and injured a good few people. Kiether, or Ben Carson starts to feel things. One experiance is when he looks into the mirror in the basement he sees himself burning in the reflection. He then starts to feel the burning and ends up screaming for help in pain. Ben realises that this Mayflower is haunted and is determined to put an end to it all.

Now, for me. I don't watch that many horrors because for one they have the same kinda' story to it and for the other reason that they're getting bloody scarier. But this was actually quite good. It wasn't 'scary' it was just really really jumpy. One part Ben is in his car and looks into the reflection in his car windscreen and sees a dead mutated girl on the back-seat.

The film ends in a good way and I left the cinema more than happy.

8/10

THE MUMMY III:TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPORER.

I watched it a few weeks back and was looking forward to it as i thought the previous two where decent films, Some decent action in the third one but was well to cheesy for me that gimp son spoilt alot of the film and was well over the top in most parts. 5/10

You beat it already Aaron :mellow:

I managed to watch the England game last night too. I thought we played some good football and I predicted correct that we would go down the tunnel at half-time with a 0-0 scoreline, we always seem to do the buisness the last 45, we need to play quick, physical Premiership football to beat teams. I think that Capello needs a shake up. Again Gerrard and Heskey were woeful and I can't see why he picks them. The only regular who deserves to be in the team is Rooney. He gets a lot of stick but after his Kazak performance he is our best foreward at the moment.

We where very poor in the first and in some patches in the second but three points is what matters, I dont understand Capello i like the bloke and he does have something about him but this no player is to big to be dropped crap that most England managers come out with really pisses me off! Why include players that cant be arsed, Gerrard and im not just saying this because he plays for the shite is the most uninterested twit to wear that shirt always goes for the 25 yard screamer to put his name in the spot light but does nothing more.

We should stick with what works like the formation and tactics in the Croatia game why change a team after such a convincing performance and win, Jags should make the line up miles ahead of Upson in my view and Ashley Young should also be in there.

Didn't watch Peter Kay's new program because I just don't like him. He's up there with Lee Evans for the most pointless and useless comedien and one which will never appeal to me. I did however see a little bit of Frost. I was settling down with a game of Halo 3 in bed and had Frost at my side, didn't really follow it much but it seemed a good program. Will watch the next one when it coms out. Most things with David Jason included are good TBH. Haven't seen him in a bad thing yet.

Britains Got The Pop Factor and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly on Ice.

Fuckign brilliant, im crying with laughter

Just watched it....cried a lot also :P .

"I've brought the wrong fucking dog!" killed me....and Macca singing "Blankety-Blank" and the theme from "Home and Away!" :o

Watched two cracking films the other night which i'd recommend. Im not sure whether your aloud to post links to movie sites on here if not please remove cheers.

Taken http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0936501/ some great action and Liam Neeson plays a top role 9/10

Step Brothers http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0838283/ if you like Will Ferrell you'll enjoy this his funniest film to date 9/10

Edited by MikeO
Probably best left as a recommenation Paul, although the imdb links are no problem obviously.

Blood Diamond

Watched this last night (re-watched) and I am very glad that I did. Recently I have watched two of Leonardo Di Caprio's latest movies and have found him to be a very competent actor who puts in a great performance in this movie. This movie surprised me as I was expecting to just see action but much of the movie is very emotional. It brings to light the lack of focus in the real world that is put on these countries in Africa and their situations with regards to smuggling and government wars. Djimon Hounsou puts in a fantastic performance as the father whose family is taken from him as does Jennifer Connelly, the reporter trying to get the story on Sierra Leone's diamonds to the public.

I would definitely recommend this movie to a lot of people.

9/10

Just watched Memento again - great film

If you're looking for something intense, suspenseful, and different than your usual effects-packed thriller, this is the best movie you will see all year. You will be talking about Memento at work, at the grocery store (to total strangers!), and you will find yourself joining conversations when you hear the word "Memento." That's why this little film that received almost no marketing stayed in theaters for months and was in the top 10 money makers for several weeks.

The movie starts with a murder -- a revenge killing, in fact. But was the right person killed?

Leonard Shelby (Guy Pearce) is a man with no short-term memory. He hasn't been able to form new memories since the night his wife was murdered. Now he's on a hunt to find the murderer but with no way of remembering names, dates, places, facts and faces. Instead he tattoos himself with mementos of his search. When someone knows his name, he checks Polaroids to see if he knows them. Does he like this person? Does he trust this person? Is this the killer? He doesn't know unless he's scribbled a note.

Don't worry about trying to empathize with Leonard because Writer/Director Christopher Nolan puts you right in Leonard's shoes. You live the story in reverse order so that you never know more than Leonard does. In one scene you see Leonard getting information from a person who knows him -- maybe a good person; maybe bad. In the next scene you see a previous meeting between the two which sheds more light on their relationship. Later still you see how they met. But is that all of the story? You've yet to find out... and you won't know everything until the last scene. By living it backwards, you, like Leonard, have no knowledge of what came before.

It's brilliant story telling. But you might get frustrated because you don't know what's going on. That's normal. In fact, that's the whole idea. Just sit back, try to relax (though that's difficult in this movie), and find out just how twisted and complex Leonard's world is.

This film will leave its own memento on your mind, and you'll have a hard time forgetting how much you enjoyed it.

I saw Quarantine last night. Very interesting, and actually a little bit scary.

So, to start this off, I'll say that by the end of the movie my heart was pounding and I was shivering. However, only one of these was caused by the movie. The shivering was caused by the stupid movie theater that doesn't understand that you don't need air conditioning in the winter. While overall good, a few things keep me from giving it a good review.

This movie was worth watching once, especially for someone who likes a good spin on zombies. I went in not expecting anything, because I'd never heard of it. This is actually why I went to see it. The characters were pretty well written, seeing as it wasn't that standard "even though a bunch of scary/creepy shit is going on around me I'm totally calm." The situation had all the characters tense, and by the end the ones that were left were frantic. Like most horror movies, there is a point when the group realizes they have to get from point A to far off point B, with a bunch of zombies in between. Instead of just rushing out all gung ho, characters are filled with apprehension about things like opening a door with danger beyond it.

The people in the movie are not just standard fodder, a bunch of idiots that you want to see die. While there are a couple of these in the movie, they are used tastefully and for a purpose. Each one plays a key role in how things advance for the main group. This adds to the heartpounding I experienced near the end of the movie. I didn't want the party to die, to it was kind of exciting to see if they'd make it out of the situations the writers put them into.

The true shining point was Jennifer Carpenter, the star of the film. Her ability to show such a variety of emotions so well is quite pleasing. From mild annoyance to boredom to terror, she didn't disappoint. There even comes a time when her character is crying that is truly convincing, as she can't form words because she is crying so hard.

You should be relieved to know this is not a gorror movie, where they advertise it likes it's scary and it ends up being "LOOK AT HOW MUCH FAKE BLOOD WE CAN POUR ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" There were a few genuine scares in this movie, but the biggest one came from the vein of "there is nothing as scary as what you can imagine." Some of the scares they don't even hide that they're setting up, but so much happens between the setup and the event that you've nearly forgotten about it.

Now for the bad. If you've seen Doom, I Am Legend, and Cloverfield, you've seen this movie. Not that the plot is the same, but the over all styles of these movies were picked over and jigsawed together for this one. Now, this movie is still a great experience, but the lack of originality in this area detracted a little bit.

Towards the end, a zombie attacks the main character. But, in stead of biting her like it should it tackles her and they thrash around for a couple minutes. This idiotic attempt to add some "HLA" disappointed me. While it was much better than what most movies that claim to be horror movies do (you know, add in a bunch of pointless nudity for no fucking reason?,) it still should not have been included. It did however lead to another example of characters becoming frantic and horrified, which showed some anxiety enduced lack of reason.

Also, I felt this movie should not have ended the way it did. The remaining survivors are in a situation very similar to one they were in earlier in the movie, but fail to handle it in the same way, when they have all the same tools. The results of this left me feeling a little cheated.

Watching 'Match Of The Day' tonight just so I can watch Tim Howard's goal all over again :) and watch Stevie G's face when Pavlachenkyo scored that 90th minute goal to seal the victory for those lovely lovely Spurs.

Watching a film called 'A Time To Kill' tonight after it - will write a review about it tomorrow after I've gone to football. Synopsis > Legal thriller set in America's Deep South. A young lawyer must defend a black factory worker accused of murdering two racist thugs who raped his daughter, amid rising hysteria involving the Ku Klux Klan and civil rights campaigners. He is helped by a veteran attorney and a keen law student as he prepares to face the intimidating prosecutor on the controversial case. Based on John Grisham's best-selling novel