IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Generation Kill- From David Simon, the geniue behind the sublime series The Wire. This is about the first troops over in Iraq. It is a very very engrosing series. Most that David Simon touches turns to gold and this is no different.

Recently watched the first episode of Generation Kill and excited to finish the series. I would like to second the nod to The Wire. Not only is it the greatest television show I've ever seen, it may simply be the most powerful screen presentation I've seen period. Its achievements in both depth and breadth of character development are unparalleled on screen.

Right now I'm watching the American League Division Series: Red Sox @ Angels. Go Sox!

Edited by Man who fell to Goodison

Recently watched the first episode and excited to finish the series. I would like to second the nod to The Wire. Not only is it the greatest television show I've ever seen, it may simply be the most powerful screen presentation I've seen period. Its achievements in both depth and breadth character development are unparalleled on screen.

Right now I'm watching the American League Division Series: Red Sox @ Angels. Go Sox!

I've been triumphing The Wire for a long time. Have you seen The Shiled? I've recently really got into it. When I was watching The Wire I tried starting it but didn't enjoy it, now that i have finished The Wire a quiet awhile ago I gave it another try and now I really really love it. I finished the 5th Season yesterday and it really is just fantastic.

How High.

Class stoner movie, pretty damn funny.

Yes mate!! Love How High, Redman and Meth...are quality. The first time they smoke Ivory..n Red thinks he's a ghost and walks round saying "i'm a ghost, i'm a ghost" (Hitting cars and people in the process)...ive seen it way too many times!

Can't wait for Peep Show! Just love it so much. I've finally got my girlfriend watching it as well after 5 years! She's always dismissed it but I forced her to sit down and watch this series and she loves it.. as well she should!

Never been a huge Benidorm fan though, it's ok just never found it that funny.

Quite liked that episode of SG:U. Nice to see plotlines not being finished by the end of the episode. I presume we'll find out what happened to the 2 runaways at a later date.

What did people think of the sand wisp? Another lifeform or Scott's hallucination?

And the shuttle being used at the end of the episode was a great touch, they didn't stop the soundtrack either so it was a little nugget for those paying attention I think. I wonder what's going on there?

Anyone not watching this show needs to tune into Sky One at 8 P.M next tuesday :P

What did people think of the sand wisp? Another lifeform or Scott's hallucination?

And the shuttle being used at the end of the episode was a great touch, they didn't stop the soundtrack either so it was a little nugget for those paying attention I think. I wonder what's going on there?

Good questions but what impressed me more than anything was the fact that when they first got to the planet the first thing they did was check that it was going to work to get them back.

That's what you'd do isn't it? It served no purpose as far as the storyline was concerned but it was just realistic (as much as there can be realism in sci-fi).

Pisses me off when every scene, action or line is telegraphing something that's coming later as is so often the case in TV progs.

Like it.

I quite enjoyed the fall of Dr. Rush. He kind of controlled the first 2 episodes. He's the only one with the smarts to know what's going on. But dump in a desert and force him to march and then the soldiers start showing their mettle. Rush was constantly falling over and showing that maybe he isn't manipulating all of this as much as he'd like us to think.

Also interested to know how far they'll go with Chloe's storyline. It'd be interesting to see what would happen if Chloe's mom tried to blab to the press.

Will be glad to see the pace pick up soon though, hopefully we're going to see a bit more action know that people can breathe. Next up is food, think they'll try and hunt the wrong animals?

How did that work out for you? :D .

Big Papi's magic eyedrops didn't seem to be working ..

Yanks #27!

On topic: the new season of Heroes. Still like this show although it seems once again they can't get to the same high level as season 1.

• 1 month later...

Don't often watch it but a nice bit in NCIS just now. Kate asks Gibbs what "Ducky" looked like when he was young and he said like Ilya Kuryakin. Made me laugh anyway :unsure: . You probably need to be about fifty and know that David McCallum plays Ducky to understand.....so that rules out most everyone :P .

Forty plus years between the two photos.

Well had a lazy few days with having 16 days off work in the run up to Crimbo so i've taken up being a couch potato for the first few days and watched a few films :D

Harry Brown - Good film well worth a watch 7.5/10

Law abiding citizen - Decent film from Gerard Butler few twist's 7/10

ninja assassin - Actually not bad was expecting an hour and a half of cheese 7/10

New Moon - Pretty good film to be fair 7.5/10

Bronx tale and Donnie Brasco - Two classic mob type films 9/10 classic's

Black dynamite - Watched half an hour of this utter shite 0/10 from what i could bare to watch

Edited by EFC-Paul