IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Watching 'Match Of The Day' tonight just so I can watch Tim Howard's goal all over again :) and watch Stevie G's face when Pavlachenkyo scored that 90th minute goal to seal the victory for those lovely lovely Spurs.

Watching a film called 'A Time To Kill' tonight after it - will write a review about it tomorrow after I've gone to football. Synopsis > Legal thriller set in America's Deep South. A young lawyer must defend a black factory worker accused of murdering two racist thugs who raped his daughter, amid rising hysteria involving the Ku Klux Klan and civil rights campaigners. He is helped by a veteran attorney and a keen law student as he prepares to face the intimidating prosecutor on the controversial case. Based on John Grisham's best-selling novel

Extremely good film....seen it several times.

Thanks Mike.

I told my dad who watches films every night on the TV and when I told him about it he said that the name rung a bell. Will watch it tonight if I can stay awake. I usually end up dreaming by 10 o'clock B) Will definatly try and watch this, sounds really promising. Liked Speed & Saw which have been on the box recently so hoping that this can carry on the good fortune.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a toss-up between Heroes and Dispatches tonight. I'm going to tape Heroes downstairs and then watch Dispatches in real time tonight. It's about some kids over in Africa who are being blamed as witches. I got the synopsis below;

'In some of the poorest parts of Nigeria, where evangelical religious fervour is combined with a belief in sorcery and black magic, many thousands of children are being blamed for catastrophes, death and famine: and branded witches. Denounced as Satan made flesh by powerful pastors and prophetesses, these children are abandoned, tortured, starved and murdered: all in the name of Jesus Christ'

Sounds really interesting to see how some people live, I mean, that would never happen in Europe but it's amazing to see what happens in some less-educated parts of the world. Will have a little look at Mock The Week but will have probably fallen asleep by then. :P

I'm having a night of Lost this evening. It's one of the few days where I can't decide what to watch, because there's nothing. I usually find something. I guess I'll watch I'm A Celebrity. I'm actually going to try and follow it this time. I always end up watching the last week and wishing I had watched the first. So that's going to be on, especially as Killroy is doing the Bush-Tucka trial.

Then it's my DVD of Lost. Series One. Played on the ol' 360 all night :)

I wanted him to be doing the trial yesterday. Eating testicles and eyes. Would be great to see him do that, but I guess we could settle for drowning in a small box of crocodiles. I don't really see how most of them are frightening. I'm not trying to sound clever with this but, if you don't have a phobia of crocodiles/eels then how would the trial be a problem? Your starving so your going to push yourself and maybe battle on of your phobias, so if it's not your phobia surely it's going to be a nice little challenge? IMO this challenge tonight is a cakewalk, they should lighten it up and refuse to unlock the door until he's found five stars and eaten a kangaroo testicle.

I think that for Celebrity 2009 Gerrard should be shoved in. It's just popped into my head now..A man can dream B)

....works for me.

Or they could just lock him in and all fck off home. That would be good too :) .

:lol: Your not Kilroy's biggest fan are you Mike?

I forgot to watch Underworld last night too. I've seen it a few times and I wanted to see it again when it was on the TV but I forgot and fell asleep, I'm going to be watching Lost tonight. I'm thinking about getting some of the other seasons because its really good - I like the dude in it who played Merry/Pippin in Lord Of The Rings. I'm also going to get the Saw Box-Set. I've seen 1&2 when they were on the TV and thought they were fantastic especially the original. I might get the limited edition Jigsaw Edition. Just for the hell of it :)

Edited by dark

I'm going to watch the first Resident Evil tonight on Film4. I have seen the first and the second many times before never getting round to seeing the third. I like the series as a movie the horror is quite good and the story keeps together well. I always remember being shocked when that office lady gets her head stuck in the life doors and gets a 'headache'

Has anybody got this film or even seen it?

I was in two minds about that one Paul. Brad Pitt usually annoys me, his only good film for me was Oceans 11-13. The Coen Brothers arn't my favourite director at all and I was generally put off by seeing them making the film. I did however think that George Clooney could salvage something and do the film some justice and make it entertaining but he probably didn't.

Watched Saw 5 last night and it looks as though there will be ANOTHER after this :rolleyes: not a bad film nothing special but worth a watch.

Two films i am looking forward to are The Day The Earth Stood Still all you old farts will know its a remake of an old classic :P The new one stars Keanu Reeves and looks very good http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A_bNDv0-ZrU

Also 2012 which is a film based on the old Mayen calender and other prophecies that the world will end in that year http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXa82AuwHU

Edited by EFC-Paul

I watched Shaun Of The Dead last night for the first time. I had got Hot Fuzz and loved it and I knew about the hype surrounding its 'prequel' so I said that I would get it on DVD when I saw it. The problem was that Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead were always around about £20 in our local shops which is a ridiculous price for a DVD until I had a look on Friday. Due to all the credit crunch lark they had a large rack of DVD's for £3 and less, one of which was Shaun Of The Dead.

I watched it late at night when I was sleepy and I fell asleep at the first try but who cares the movie was awesome, don't let the title and premise fool you, this isn't a simple spoof of Dawn Of The Dead, it's more a romantic comedy that just so happens to be littered with the undead. The film is also very clever, with a clear social commentary running throughout. The jokes that stem from this are absolutely hilarious but will probably be lost on any non-Londoners. It's actually quite unlikely that this film will translate to anyone outside the UK and this is a real shame and perhaps the films biggest flaw. But if you do get it, then good for you, because there is a lot of great stuff to be seen here. The script is wonderful and throws up many comedic moments, such as when Shaun and Ed are looking through Shaun's LP collection for a suitable vinyl to throw at two oncoming zombies, "Dire Straits?" "Chuck it!", or when Shaun and his friends beat up an elderly zombie in the pub using cricket bats, all to the rhythm of Don't Stop Me Now by Queen. The humour comes thick and fast, never have I laughed so consistantly during any film before, it only pauses briefly for a few dramatic scenes, all of which work surprisingly well. In fact the film tends to genre-hop quite a lot, and while some find this unappealing I think it works in its favour. One minute it's a comedy, then it's a drama and then it's a full blown horror. In fact some scenes are quite jumpy and certainly violent. One extremely gory part in particular is a clear homage to another famous horror film that shall remain unamed, but if you know what I'm talking about when you see it then good for you. That's the thing about this movie though, you don't need to be a horror fan to enjoy it.

It's got everything that you want from a Pegg/Wright film. Zombies, Comedy and lots of loser scenes. I loved it.

9/10

• 3 weeks later...

Alright chaps Just watched The Day The Earth Stood Still http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A_bNDv0-ZrU which i thought was quite good if like my old man "old farts only" :D you liked the old version like him you may not like this one as much as you expect as it does differ from the original abit but well worth watching.

Also watched Cass the other day which is a true story on ex ICF front man Cass Pennants life. A good film well worth watching if you like Football Factory and so on.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H6am3QFu-QU&...feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

Batman Begins

I saw The Dark Knight back when it came out in the summer without having watched Begins; I finally got around to watching it, and I was pretty impressed. It was an all around decent film, but TDK certainly was much better. The main gripe I had with Begins is that it was a little too much like the comics: Wayne Manor, the bat cave, etc. The criminal plot was also pretty insane in this one; interesting, but not as believable as the Joker's plan. The thing I liked about TDK is that it didn't feel like a superhero movie at all, more like a gritty crime thriller, and whilst that feeling of realism was certainly present in Begins, it required a lot more suspension of disbelief than the sequel.

I also felt that the Scarecrow didn't get nearly enough screen time; I was expecting him to be a villain on par with the Joker, but he didn't do much besides get owned by Rachel towards the end. It seemed like they wasted what could have been a much more intriguing character.

7/10

Because of the Vinnie Jones talk I watched this;

Mean Machine

Based on Keenan Wynn's 'The Longest Yard', Fletcher adds Brit wit to the screenplay as Skolnick directs a splendid film. Of course the story isn't anything new (like most sports flicks) but the humour brings out the charm. The characters are fun to watch and funnily enough the actors have famously starred in Guy Ritchie films. It's as if they were in prison for the crimes they committed in those films. But, just to avoid any misconception, this isn't a crime-flick and it's very different from the Ritchie films, both in style and content. One doesn't have to be a football fan to enjoy it as the entertainment value is universal. The football match sequence was hilarious and if only the real matches were half entertaining! All the actors do a fine job but it is Vinnie Jones who carries the movie and it's nice to see him as a guy who gets beaten up in comparison to the tough guy roles he's typecast in. Overall, this is a fun little film, not one to be taken too seriously.

10/10

also in vinnie jones repertoire :

The Condemned .. Jack Conrad is awaiting the death penalty in a corrupt Central American prison. He is "purchased" by a wealthy television producer and taken to a desolate island where he must fight to the death against nine other condemned killers from all corners of the world, with freedom going to the sole survivor. :lol:

also in the movie Stone Cold Steve Austin!

this movie scores very good on the "unintentional comedy scale" .. laughed all the way through. :D .