IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Matrix Revolutions

After the huge success of The Matrix, movie makers, actors, etc.. were paid loads of money for shooting Revolutions and Reloaded, in some kind of monopolistic contract. That's imho, why these sequels sucked. Keanu Reeves himself was paid unnormal amount of cash before doing the two films. I think after all this, the whole project just lost the spirit, and they did it with way less passion than they did the cool first one. With all these millions you just become a tool, you don't have to worry if the movie sucks or not, 'cause the money is already in your pocket.

3/10

• 3 weeks later...

Push

Hadn't heard of this before I went into the cinema the other day, but I had some time to kill and this started at the right time, so I took the plunge. Some cool stuff happens, the people have interesting powers, the plot doesn't fall apart at any point, and there are some nice deaths. Wasn't great, but they set up a sequel, and this is good enough that if they made it, I'd see it. Djimon Housou is good, but that isn't unusual for him, Dakota Fanning is ugly, Chris Evans isn't as annoying as I've seen him before (what have I even seen him in?)

A Knight's Tale (Re-watch)

It's hard to believe that this is the same guy that played The Joker. He's still good in this but the roles are so differant, I thought this movie was fun, good story, laughs, and had good performances from each actor. Well worth the watch.

Dark he is in the Fantastic Four as Johhny Storm and the Flame.

Indeed he is :)

Resident Evil: Degeneration

I actually really enjoyed this. I was instantly blown away by the animation, visually it is an incredible piece of work, still quite a way away from the visual styling of the games but in its own respect it was a joy to behold. The voice acting left quite a lot to be desired but I think that can be forgiven, it was hardly a dialogue driven piece. Fans of the games, both new and old will enjoy this I think. I wouldn't say it was a 'must see' but if you get the chance it's worth trying out.

Just started watching series 3 of The West Wing. Very good series. If you have any interested in politics then its a good watch. Only negatives are that its very american and a little bit glossy, but it has a fantastic script and some great characters. Its good entertainment thats a little more intelligent from most of the shite on tv.

Edited by jamiemaher85

I'll be watching eagle eye later on. Decent movie.

Seen half of that before the battery on my Archos ran out. It was so awesome that I'm gonna go and buy it on DVD without even knowing what happens to Gerry in the end. It's awesome and it seems that Shia is becoming a top-class actor.

Transformers > Disturbia > Eagle Eye

Just started watching series 3 of The West Wing. Very good series. If you have any interested in politics then its a good watch. Only negatives are that its very american and a little bit glossy, but it has a fantastic script and some great characters. Its good entertainment thats a little more intelligent from most of the shite on tv.

I thought you said Green Wing at first B)

Policicts? I thought it was comedy ahha. I'm not a fan of American TV but I might give it a watch sometime...

Anyone watched the ITV documentary Clough (about the life and career of Brian Clough). It's been on a few times in recent weeks but i've only just caught it for the first time. Very very good watch if it's repeated again.

A great documentary for a great man. Can't see anyone ever doing what he has done ever again. There won't be anyone like him again either.

Edited by jamiemaher85

If you liked that then you should really read "The Damned United". I recommended it a year or so ago in the "What are you reading thread" and now it's been made into a feature film. The film is good but not a patch on the novel. If you enjoy reading then I can't recommend this book any higher. It's just fantastic. Even for a non-football fan and simply a literary fan it's a fantastic read. Trust me on this one, it's worthwhile. David Peace is a fantastic writer and seems to be in vouge at the moment, the "Red Riding" trilogy that has been recently shown on a Channel 4 has also been converted from a David Peace series of novels. Very good writer. He also occaisonaly writes sports pieces for The Guardian. I'm a bit of a fan if you had not noticed yet! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Wolverine the other night..

Basically, it had some good moments, and I found it entertaining with some serviceable action, but considering what it had to live up to, I think it failed.

Would've been a lot better if it would've possibly stayed a bit longer in certain moments... so to speak. Elaborated on some stuff.

I don't see why Logan and Victor's relationship and their "breakup" couldn't have been given some more time. They're brothers, they've looked after each other for 150 years (or something like that)... slowly Victor has grown more violent and dark... that problem really should've been given some more time.

Effects wise I didn't really think it felt up to snuff. Wolverine's metal claws looked abysmal at points... I mean, like something from Roger Rabbit... and the attempt to make Patrick Stewart look younger just looked weird.

Wire work also didn't seem very impressive.

All in all: Not necessarily very bad, but not necessarily very good either.

BBC 2 documentary, "The Incredible Human Journey."

How and by what route did humans make it out of Africa? Astonishing genetic evidence reveals that everyone alive today who is not African descends from just one successful, tiny group which left the continent in a single crossing, an event that may have happened around 70 thousand years ago.

Read the theory before but it was an interesting programme. Love to see it shown at the BNP's next national conference :lol: .

Oh my god. Has anyone been watching the latest series of Lost? I've just finished watching the last episode. It's so good. Can't believe i'll have to wait 6 months for the next series!

Confusing the fck out of me :huh: . Enjoyable though, looks like a double episode to end the series next week-end. I've not bothered downloading it this time, just watching it as it comes :) .

Due to its commitments to broadcast the Madrid Open tennis tournament, Spain's public broadcaster Televisión Española (TVE) broadcast the second semi-final on a tape delay, and used a backup jury rather than televoting to decide its votes. The EBU announced that TVE would face sanctions for this action, in violation of the rules of the competition

:lol: The Eurovision is back and it's already causing trouble! Surely it should be scrapped, I mean, is it really worth getting exited about after all this policitcal voting?

:lol: The Eurovision is back and it's already causing trouble! Surely it should be scrapped, I mean, is it really worth getting exited about after all this policitcal voting?

I'm dipping into it....I'll watch the scoring as I always do....far and away the best bit :P .

The Russian entry caused me actual physical pain a while back :weird: .

Graham Norton is a poor substitute for Wogan sadly. Norway are red hot favourites to win....which is kind of odd :huh: .