IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Friend of friends who I've met occasionally is on "Winter Wipeout" tomorrow afternoon. Twat really but I pretend I like him to keep the peace.

Hope he breaks a small bone (he's full of the "I'm not allowed to tell you what happened" bollocks even though it was recorded Oct/Nov time....what am I going to do? Break William Hill?). Wanker.

watched Drive two nights ago, with Ryan Gosling in....possibly my film of 2011! loved it, very well crafted movie, beautifully shot and suprisingly gripping....worth a watch :)

Saw ~Toll Hunter last night, i liked that too, unfortunately not as good as Drive but it had everything in, action, humour, heart....worth watchin if you get a chance?

I highly recommend Romanzo Criminale, it was shown on Sky Arts in the Autumn, absolutely brilliant,

Its in Italian with english subtitles, its the semi true story of the rise to power of a criminal gang in Rome in the seventies and eighties, its brilliantly acted and looks really authentic, its not about the Mafia although they are mentioned, but other large criminal organisations like the Cammora in Naples and Ndrangheta are, both these are equally powerful as the Mafia but we never hear of them.

Sky screened the first series but I am gutted there are no plans to show the second. but I will have to buy the DVD

I could tell in the last one or two what was going on but tried to convince myself they would know that others would also and pull a double bluff.

He was a cracking character some of the acting in it has been as good as any I've seen. They are keeping Harrow onboard who I thinks a great character/actor

It moves on to the 1920's and follows Capone's rise in Cicero which is where Van Alden has fled to....

Not many shows/series take my fancy other then Band of Brother, The Pacific and this so I hope they keep them coming.

ive been watching a thing on the Crime channel recently which has been all to do with prohibition and Capone, last nights one was to do with Tony Accardo who took over the Chicago mob after Capone had been sent to Alcatraz, he then went on to expand the mobs gambling enterprise to a national scale, a very interesting character and not gangster like at all, he adopted a few kids with his wife as he thought that was a worthwhile cause, and his family always came before business, but he was one of the most feared mob figures of all time, and he never went to prison in his life, died of old age in 1992.

Super League started today for me as I went watching the mighty Wigan Warriors at home. It's just a shame that we wasn't so mighty on the pitch as we managed to lose 16-20 against Huddersfield Giants and put in a very 'Everton-like' performance. We only started playing properly with about 10 minutes to go meaning we had no time to really hit the Giants and get the win (the referee didn't help either, but at the end of the day we shoulden't have to rely on the officials).

So thats Everton and Wigan, two season tickets and two teams which lose. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I'm a Wigan Warrior fan myself mate. I can't see Wane being in the job long tbh; I don't think he was the right choice at all and I've thought that since it was rumoured.

Agreed.

I never thought we would get someone as good as Maguire but Wane for me dosen't seem up to the challenge ahead. Last season against Huddersfield we walked all over them and looked like a team that nobody could beat, against them yesterday however we looked one of the worst teams in Super League. We had no movement or pace and the defence simply wasn't good enough, I just hope that Wane somehow gets the lads fired up for Saturday night against the Rhinos as even though it's only the second game of the season I think it will be vital towards our championship aims.

ive been watching a thing on the Crime channel recently which has been all to do with prohibition and Capone, last nights one was to do with Tony Accardo who took over the Chicago mob after Capone had been sent to Alcatraz, he then went on to expand the mobs gambling enterprise to a national scale, a very interesting character and not gangster like at all, he adopted a few kids with his wife as he thought that was a worthwhile cause, and his family always came before business, but he was one of the most feared mob figures of all time, and he never went to prison in his life, died of old age in 1992.

I'll look into that one cheers Pris :)

The Hotel...comedy! about a pure shitter of a hotel in Torquay trying to stay afloat with some awful ideas

I've only ever been to Torquay once and we stayed in the Penhallow Hotel which ended up burning down 12 months after we had been there. The owner was a real Basil Fawltey, so much so that he ended up screaming in front of everyone at an elderly woman in the dining room for ordering duck (he didn't want the last piece to go because he was saving it for his wife).

Anyways I managed to catch 10 minutes of 'The Hotel' where two guys were so bored of playing the shitty bingo that they had a burping competition to lighten the mood. I'd watch again because it had me giggling although some places in England are real shit-holes, I'm going to Blackpool soon for my 18th (even though my birthday was in November) and the B&B we've booked better not be as shite as the 'luxury' of Torquay.

Yes!

Just come home buzzing, went to Wigan Warriors straight after the Everton game for our game against Leeds Rhinos. I was already ecstatic at the way in which we played and then was even happier to see us get our first Super League win this season winning 20-6. Josh Charnley getting a hat-trick for us and Pat Richards converting 100% of his kicks - top stuff.

We'll be at Wembley in no time!

The new Spartacus [The Vengeance] Is on Sky 1 at 10pm every Monday.

I'm confused on this matter, is Vengance the American name for Blood and Sand?

Have there been 3 series'?

Blood and Sand

Gods of the Arena (prequal to B&S)

and then Vengence?

Or as I thought...Gods of the arena was meant to come first (with Andy Whitfield) but after his diagnosis, they decided to start on a prequal without him (Gods of the Arena) with a lead Gladiator called Gannicus? Then when Andy recovered, they filmed Blood and Sand but unfortunately the cancer came back halfway through the shoot and subsequently died (RIP :(). They finished Blood and Sand with a different lead, and that part of the series is called Vengence? Have i got that right or wrong?

I thought Vengance was just the American name for Blood and Sand. Us brits had B&S well before the Yanks....? Im confused!?

Just watched Hot Fuzz with the girlfriend and I really recommend that anyone that hasn't watched it does. It's a comedy from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost revolving around the life of two coppers in a small village called Sandford. It really is bizarrly funny and well written whilst also having ex James Bond Timothy Dalton on the cast-line.

Really worth a watch!

No, the 1st was blood and sand, the 2nd was gods of the arena, this is the 3rd series Vengeance, at the end of the previous series the gladiators rebelled and overtook the house of Batiatus this series shows them free and on the loose.

Just read, Vengeance is the 2nd half of Blood and Sand. Blood and sand is season 2 but Blood and Sand (Andy WHitfield as Spartacus) is the first half and Vengeance is the second half (Liam McIntyre)