IGNORED

Joey Barton Deal Done

i think we have made an offer for him because the deal is stalling newcastle have sed that he has agreed personal terms and passed a medical so y did he not sign the contract yesterday. i have a sneaky feeling everton have made a last ditch attempt to sign him

Barton has given his "word" that he'll sign for Newcastle

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barton has given his "word" that he'll sign for Newcastle

Is that the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?. A phrase Barton should get used to.............

The TV and press up here are going bananas up here, banging on about selling Parker and getting Barton. I wish them everyhting they deserve, Magpie bastards.

ATB

Mac

I would love it, simple love it if we beat them!

The thought of nicking a player right from under the noses of Newcastle would absolutly make my day. It would almost be worth the £5.5M fee just to pi55 them right off. after they have done to us countless times over the past 2 or 3 years, and the fact the have already sold Parker the player Barton is due to replace would make it even funnier.

Please let it be that we are going to gusump them.

But I read somewhere it was becasue Barton was holding out for a £300,000 loyalty payment from City - or is that just a smoke screen?

In all reality, think he will sign for Newcastle (but we can hope)

After all this fuckarsing about, I would like to say................

GET IN YOU FUCKING BEAUTY, GO AND SHAG YOUR MAM, YOU TITWANKING, CIGAR STUBBING, TEAM MATE PUNCHING, DIRTY FOULING, TOMMY SMITH WANNABE.

I am so pleased he has gone to a place that will deserve him, fuck him, and fuck the Cartoon Army.

ATB

Mac

After all this fuckarsing about, I would like to say................

GET IN YOU FUCKING BEAUTY, GO AND SHAG YOUR MAM, YOU TITWANKING, CIGAR STUBBING, TEAM MATE PUNCHING, DIRTY FOULING, TOMMY SMITH WANNABE.

I am so pleased he has gone to a place that will deserve him, fuck him, and fuck the Cartoon Army.

ATB

Mac

You forgot ARSE SHOWING GAY BUM BOY PONSE, but I get your point

Thats from Man City though, the geordies arent paying anything extra

He's entitled to a sell on fee if city choose to sell him, its in every players contract these days!

If we sold Cahill tomorrow he's be entitled to a percentage would it make him greedy for expecting to be paid what was owed to him??

He's entitled to a sell on fee if city choose to sell him, its in every players contract these days!

If we sold Cahill tomorrow he's be entitled to a percentage would it make him greedy for expecting to be paid what was owed to him??

Exactly. People are only jumping on Barton for this because they dislike him, the truth is he didnt ask for the transfer so he's entitled to a loyalty fee. All players are entitled to this if it's a clause in their contract.

If you work for a company with a few branches and your boss wants you to move then your usually entitled to a bonus payment as a "sweetener" its the same kind of thing. Compensation for the disruption to your life!!

Yes get your point but let's put this in perspective.

Let's say Joey is getting £30k a WEEK, he moves to a different city for his job where he get's an increase to £40k per WEEK...that is enough of a bloody sweetener than holding out for an even bigger sweetener of £300,000k....just plain greedy IMO

Yes get your point but let's put this in perspective.

Let's say Joey is getting £30k a WEEK, he moves to a different city for his job where he get's an increase to £40k per WEEK...that is enough of a bloody sweetener than holding out for an even bigger sweetener of £300,000k....just plain greedy IMO

You sign a contract as does your employer, the contract says you are entitled to x% of any sell on fee if you dont request the transfare, expecting that payment to be paid when you are sold is greedy??

I'd say it's expection your employer to honour the terms of your contract of emplayment personally!

Exactly. People are only jumping on Barton for this because they dislike him, the truth is he didnt ask for the transfer so he's entitled to a loyalty fee. All players are entitled to this if it's a clause in their contract.

He may not have asked for the move Mark, but his actions demanded it.

As for contracts, are these the same contracts that players constantly choose to ignore when bigger teams come sniffing?. Modern contracts are masterpieces of legal jargon and escape clauses.

ATB

Mac

So ok!,as mentioned in a previous post.....Newcastle have snatched another player

from our grasp!!......Owen,Parker and now Barton(perhaps others?)Well hasn't

done them a lot of good the past couple of seasons has it!

I've seen it written that Bartons behaviour will improve when he gets with better

players!Why would it?.....more money to corrupt him,more pressure from press

and fans alike!

Bartons a pretty good player on his day....but trouble follows him.Watch players

wind him up even more now!Our cheeky chappie Cahill will love playing against him,

he's a wind up merchant and players like Barton get sucked in!

Probably mentions somewhere in his contract that he should avoid beating the crap out of his team-mates I'd have thought? If that's the case then he was in breach and deserves nothing. Don't believe people are defending him, you beat up a work-mate you get the sack surely?

He may not have asked for the move Mark, but his actions demanded it.

As for contracts, are these the same contracts that players constantly choose to ignore when bigger teams come sniffing?. Modern contracts are masterpieces of legal jargon and escape clauses.

ATB

Mac

We're currently trying to take advantage of a clause in a contract are we not? You can't have it both ways.

Probably mentions somewhere in his contract that he should avoid beating the crap out of his team-mates I'd have thought? If that's the case then he was in breach and deserves nothing. Don't believe people are defending him, you beat up a work-mate you get the sack surely?

If you breach your contract thats called gross misconduct and you get fired not sold for 5.5 million!

Mike I'm not defending anyone but Man City are trying to sell a player but are refusing to pay the sell on percentage thats in every players contract these days. If your club sells you and disrupts your life without you asking for the move you get a percentage of the sell on fee. It's not a new thing it's been around for years.

If Joey Barton is such a twit and they want nothing more to do with him then they should consider not making a profit on the sale or pay up what is owed!

OK try it a different way. Call him a company asset rather than an employee.....so you've got a machine in your factory which is the dogs bollocks state of the art but every so often there's an electrical short and it seriously damages other machinery on the production line. Your engineers can't find the problem to fix it but a couple of rival firms reckon they have the people who can make it run smoothly.

The machine's worth about £6m and the opposition are willing to pay it. But the company want nothing more to do with the machine so they should just give it away? Or spend £300,000 on a service and spare parts before selling it even though the buyers are happy with it as is?

(This argument may have huge holes in it...ie person/machine....machine/person...but I kind of enjoyed making it up :D )

Loved the anology Mike, saw what you did and loved your work.

Liam and Mark, Man City had no call, but to flog the twit, what I was driving at was he behaved in an entirely inappropriate manner, assault on a work mate. To apply everyday examples to this can't be done, for one I hope he gets sent down and ends up being someones bitch. Let's see him worm his fucking way out of that one.

ATB

Mac

OK try it a different way. Call him a company asset rather than an employee.....so you've got a machine in your factory which is the dogs bollocks state of the art but every so often there's an electrical short and it seriously damages other machinery on the production line. Your engineers can't find the problem to fix it but a couple of rival firms reckon they have the people who can make it run smoothly.

The machine's worth about £6m and the opposition are willing to pay it. But the company want nothing more to do with the machine so they should just give it away? Or spend £300,000 on a service and spare parts before selling it even though the buyers are happy with it as is?

(This argument may have huge holes in it...ie person/machine....machine/person...but I kind of enjoyed making it up :D )

I like it Mike and fully understand your's and City's viewpoint, BUT........

The thing is though City agreed to the clause in the first place, they can't just say fuck it.

Liam and Mark, Man City had no call, but to flog the twit, what I was driving at was he behaved in an entirely inappropriate manner, assault on a work mate. To apply everyday examples to this can't be done, for one I hope he gets sent down and ends up being someones bitch. Let's see him worm his fucking way out of that one.

ATB

Mac

Im sorry but he's not long signed a new contract, they agreed to the clause when they knew he'd fuck off in the next 12 - 18 months. Their own fucking fault.

ATB

Mac

If he's in breach of his contract he's sacked not sold at a profit if he's not in breach of his contract he's sold and the contract is honoured. £300k is a small percentage of the profit city are gona make onthe lad anyway!