IGNORED

The Odd News Thread

Louis

Would anyone like to guess her pin? :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/4N4KRce.jpg

Bit petty of the woman to contact the paper, the waitress made a simple mistake. Chances of her having that sort of money in a current account or that level of credit on a credit card about zero anyway so the transaction would've been declined even if she'd hit the "enter" button.

Sad cow just sees an opportunity to get her picture in the paper.

But now everybody knows her pin as the amount she almost paid was published.

Gotcha, didn't click because I was just looking at the six figure total in the headline, not the eight figure one in the story.

So in fact she didn't almost pay it at all; she just entered her pin too early; which makes it an even more ridiculous story and makes her look pretty stupid in fact. And she's a financial consultant :huh:.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just read about an American guy who is going to swim the Pacific Ocean. I thought it was a wind-up but he has already swam the Atlantic Ocean. He starts from Tokyo in July and his route takes him through the migration area of the Great White Shark.

I'm having a bath a bit later.

Just read about an American guy who is going to swim the Pacific Ocean. I thought it was a wind-up but he has already swam the Atlantic Ocean. He starts from Tokyo in July and his route takes him through the migration area of the Great White Shark.

I'm having a bath a bit later.

Be careful in there!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is weird. The guy hid the building behind hay bales for four years? Nobody noticed the contractors going in and out, or thought to look around the bales? And the reporter saying it's obviously in "green belt" when it's in the middle of a small industrial estate by the look of it; so it's OK for industrial units to be built there but not a house?

Really odd news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34768763

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a 'Skype' with my daughter in Singapore. Picture and sound brilliant, half-an-hour and free! Reminded me of when I was doing my National Service in Singapore (1955). Prior to Christmas that year, I investigated the cost and logistics of phoning home. It turned out that the cost was prohibitive but the logistics were a nightmare. I had to give two weeks notice for the call and then they couldn't guarantee what time it would be available. How times change!

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a 'Skype' with my daughter in Singapore. Picture and sound brilliant, half-an-hour and free! Reminded me of when I was doing my National Service in Singapore (1955). Prior to Christmas that year, I investigated the cost and logistics of phoning home. It turned out that the cost was prohibitive but the logistics were a nightmare. I had to give two weeks notice for the call and then they couldn't guarantee what time it would be available. How times change!

Out of interest John or any other 'skype,ers' do you get a lot of contact requests ?

I skype family in America and get 3/4 requests on average per month.

Out of interest John or any other 'skype,ers' do you get a lot of contact requests ?

I skype family in America and get 3/4 requests on average per month.

Blue 250. We have only had two (in several years). One from someone in Spain and one from someone with an African sounding name.