IGNORED

The Odd News Thread

Louis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not "odd" but pretty dreadful.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28619390

After all your faith bashing ;), I'm going to sing the praises of Christian friends of mine. Despite having two biological children of their own, they reached out and adopted a little girl from Eastern Europe who suffers from Down's Syndrome and heart problems. They are a beautiful family and she's a beautiful little girl - and her brothers adore her.

Let Dawkins and his kind ponder over that. He always writes that such adopting parents suffer from a virus because it makes no sense. Personally. I'd say such people are special and have the very heart of God.

After all your faith bashing ;), I'm going to sing the praises of Christian friends of mine. Despite having two biological children of their own, they reached out and adopted a little girl from Eastern Europe who suffers from Down's Syndrome and heart problems. They are a beautiful family and she's a beautiful little girl - and her brothers adore her.

Let Dawkins and his kind ponder over that. He always writes that such adopting parents suffer from a virus because it makes no sense. Personally. I'd say such people are special and have the very heart of God.

I don't bash people who have faith, in fact I don't think I bash faith at all I don't think (though certain activities carried out in its name I might), I just don't understand it :). There have been times in my life that I wish I did.

Those friends of yours could just as easily be atheists, they're not good people because they're Christian, they're good people because they're good people I think.

I have a cousin in Scotland who has adopted two severely disabled Russian children and she's a confirmed agnostic (is that an oxymoron?).

On these people being "special" couldn't agree more. Our eldest grandson had dreadful problems in the first months of his life and spent a long time in a coma and on ITU's which have left him with similar "disabilities" to Downs Syndrome and he's a (demanding) joy.

Bit late this, I read it in Readers Digest in the 1950's. 'More tortoises die from diphtheria than any other disease'. Why is it that such obscure information stays with you when you forget far more important things?

I know. I can still repeat from memory my complete class register from when I started at secondary school forty three years ago, struggle to remember my mobile number now :(.

Speaking of tortoises.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28635902