IGNORED

Man Of The Match V Chelsea

MikeO

MOTM@Chelsea  

38 members have voted

1. 1. ???????????????????????????????????

• Tim Howard
    • Tony Hibbert
    • John Heitinga
    • Lucas Neill
    • Leighton Baines
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Louis Saha
    • Jo
    • Ayegbeni Yakubu

pollresizear5.jpg

sahachelsea.jpg

Yakchelsea.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Pienaar 101

Fellaini 96

Saha 94

Rodwell 93

Bilyaletdinov 76

Hibbert 70

Heitinga 63

Coleman 63

Howard 60

Distin 38

Baines 29

Osman 23

Yakubu 23

Cahill 23

Yobo 20

Neill 11

João Alves Jô 10

Gosling 6

Neville 2

Duffy 2

MOTM winners....

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Davey reckons Saha was unplayable at times today :) .

I'll wait for MOTD....only saw bits and pieces due to poor streams.

For me he had a great game, made a real nuisance for the defence. but man of the match goes (again - for 4th time in 5 games now i think) goes to Johnny. he was a rock, never shirks from a challenge, very strong (theres not many people who can muscle drogba of the ball) and never stopped working.

Yeah similar Mike... so will i, altho the radio seemed to think Felli was the top man. :huh:

Screech played well, but not motm in my eyes. didnt do much wrong, but also didnt shine.

Rodwell was very quiet, Baines was also excellent for the most part but when he cocked up they were silly mistakes, not necessarily dangerous, just daft. Billy looks exhausted, disappeared from the game after about 70 mins. Yak was his usual lazy self, but got a goal so people will ignore his inability to run. Jo didnt do much either. Howard... didnt have much to do, didnt have a chance with the goals really either. Pienaar was quite quiet today, worked hard but not didnt do much. tony was a fault for one of the goals but otherwise was ok... think thats everyone, if ive missed someone they probably didnt make that much of an impression. oh, Agard came on for 2 mins and made good challenge.... thats about it.

I thought Neill was exceptional, Johnny was 2nd but Neill clearly outplayed him. Good performance, great point to get.

Neill won your MOTM as soon as his name appeared on the team sheet, in fairness though he did play quite well. Johnny, Saha, Fellaini all did well too. In fact all of the team chipped in today so hard to pick out anyone, or single out anyone for a particularly bad performance. However, that Jo is a bit of a big girls blouse.

Well I certainly wasn't expecting to score 3 or get a point from the Bridge so all in all its a good result!

Like a couple of people on here I couldn't really single out a MOTM. The defensive 7 (Howard, back 4 and felli/rodwell) all did well, getting stuck in, putting in challenges, covering for others and showing the Everton spirit that was missing prior to the derby.

I would have been tempted to give it to Saha but losing the ball to Carvalho for their 1st and then scuffing a routine clearance for their second means that he doesn't deserve it. If it had been someone like Jo, Hibbert or maybe Felli that made the mistake people would be screaming for him to be sold or dropped. Other than those big mistakes I thought he had a good game.

Pienaar and Billy were both quiet. Billy looks fairly out of place right now, I don't know whether its fatigue or whether he is still trying to get adjusted, in fact its probably a bit of both and I imagine Osman coming back soon will help him out.

Jo looked pretty good in the 1st 15-20 mins IMO but kind of petered out as the half went on. I'm not quite sure what his problem is with these bullshit injuries, and even as a fan of his, they are starting to piss me off. Man up.

Yakubu scored but did very little for the rest of the game. When Chelsea started to dominate all the strikers/wingers found it difficult to get on the ball properly but he is just ridiculously lazy. I thought that being out for ages would give him more of a desire to get on the ball and work harder for it but I was well and truly wrong. I like him but he's starting to really get on my tits.

Well I certainly wasn't expecting to score 3 or get a point from the Bridge so all in all its a good result!

Like a couple of people on here I couldn't really single out a MOTM. The defensive 7 (Howard, back 4 and felli/rodwell) all did well, getting stuck in, putting in challenges, covering for others and showing the Everton spirit that was missing prior to the derby.

I would have been tempted to give it to Saha but losing the ball to Carvalho for their 1st and then scuffing a routine clearance for their second means that he doesn't deserve it. If it had been someone like Jo, Hibbert or maybe Felli that made the mistake people would be screaming for him to be sold or dropped. Other than those big mistakes I thought he had a good game.

Pienaar and Billy were both quiet. Billy looks fairly out of place right now, I don't know whether its fatigue or whether he is still trying to get adjusted, in fact its probably a bit of both and I imagine Osman coming back soon will help him out.

Jo looked pretty good in the 1st 15-20 mins IMO but kind of petered out as the half went on. I'm not quite sure what his problem is with these bullshit injuries, and even as a fan of his, they are starting to piss me off. Man up.

Yakubu scored but did very little for the rest of the game. When Chelsea started to dominate all the strikers/wingers found it difficult to get on the ball properly but he is just ridiculously lazy. I thought that being out for ages would give him more of a desire to get on the ball and work harder for it but I was well and truly wrong. I like him but he's starting to really get on my tits.

He was also resonseable for 2 of our goals so I would say that cancels it out and I dont really blame him for the first goal anyway as he lost possesion in thier half, you cant really slag him off for taking a man on fair enough if he had lost it on the edge of our area

I thought his overall play more than merited MoM especially as he was forced to feed off scraps and play up there on his own for most of the game ( Yak may have been on the pitch but he didnt contribute anything other than his goal)

He was also resonseable for 2 of our goals so I would say that cancels it out and I dont really blame him for the first goal anyway as he lost possesion in thier half, you cant really slag him off for taking a man on fair enough if he had lost it on the edge of our area

I thought his overall play more than merited MoM especially as he was forced to feed off scraps and play up there on his own for most of the game ( Yak may have been on the pitch but he didnt contribute anything other than his goal)

To be fair, he lost the ball from a miscontrol and allowed Carvalho to nick the ball and he was actually only 40 yards or so from our own goal. However I still gave Louis my vote for his major contribution to getting us a point.

He lost possession about 10 yards inside our half when there was a fairly simple pass available, although from that position it shouldnt have led to a goal, but it did. Im not saying he didnt have a good game, but I dont think he did enough good to outweigh the two rather large cock ups.

I think if I was rating the team he would get a 7 which would be the same as the defensive 7 that I mentioned earlier.