IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Hold the presses! A player says he wants to win trophies! Heathen, hang him!

:doh:

Matt, read the article, it's not just that. It's the "I'm 22 now it's time to win trophies," the digs at the manager the "I want to play in the biggest games" and other stuff coming from him.

He could have said I want to try and push on with Everton and bring a trophy to the fans instead he says he doesn't want to "shadow the top teams"

C'mon mate, you're not gullable enough to think that means anything but what it says on the tim are you?

Matt, read the article, it's not just that. It's the "I'm 22 now it's time to win trophies," the digs at the manager the "I want to play in the biggest games" and other stuff coming from him.

He could have said I want to try and push on with Everton and bring a trophy to the fans instead he says he doesn't want to "shadow the top teams"

C'mon mate, you're not gullable enough to think that means anything but what it says on the tim are you?

Are you gullible enough to think that's the whole article and not trimmed to make the story? A player is showing ambition (the real definition, not the bullshit definition where money spending is ambition) by saying he wants to play at the highest level. You'd rather he came out and said I'm happy midtable?

I never understand this argument.

Are you gullible enough to think that's the whole article and not trimmed to make the story? A player is showing ambition (the real definition, not the bullshit definition where money spending is ambition) by saying he wants to play at the highest level. You'd rather he came out and said I'm happy midtable?

I never understand this argument.

(Deep breaths here)

Matt, you know I stick up for Lukaku, I always have and I desperately want him here but whether that's the full article or not he should not be saying stuff like that nor should his piece of shit agent.

Fact is he should be getting his head down and working hard at being as good as he can be not spouting ahite like that, it's disrespectful.

Full article or not he should not be making noises like that.

He wants away, I can see it a mile off, his agents got in his head and he wants out. I guarantee it and as much as I love him being here, if he does then fuck him, let him go.

First of all, my argument here is for any player who says they want to win things, not specific to Rom.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9873140/everton-striker-romelu-lukaku-raises-doubts-over-goodison-park-future

Let's start with the bullshit blurb at the top then. "Casts doubt on future"?! He says he wants to win things, wants to play at the top. Look back through the years, he said the same when moving to Chelsea, when he was coming here; he wants to win. Did he say "I'm not going to win shit here, I need to leave"? No. Media putting negative spins in nothing but simple statements to sell gossip.

Next... Telling the boss you're not happy and have got a better idea how to get the best out of you? I do it with my boss all the time and actively encourage the same; it's about being honest and try to improve the results of the team. As a boss, I'd welcome any kind of feedback, take it into consideration and react accordingly.

Again, any player who says he wants to win things is the right kind of player; it's nothing more than showing a desire to be the best. Who wouldn't want that?! Any player who says I'm not going to progress here, I want to leave, I won't commit; let them go. I won't let Murdochs gossip machine taint a very simple statement of intent.

http://sportmagazine.knack.be/sport/voetbal-internationaal/lukaku-ik-ben-22-jaar-tijd-om-prijzen-te-winnen/article-normal-575029.html

The Dutch interview. My Dutch is rusty, but there are clearly parts there that SSN didn't deem important enough to share which give it a different light.

It's SSN putting the negative spin I our club not being good enough, because the players haven't said anything of the sort.

Roughly read is...

I want to win trophies and want to be in a big team

I tell the manager what I think, he's the boss but I say what I like.

Maybe Martinez needs to sit the prick down and make him watch one of the 6 or 7 games he played in this season where he resembled one of the shittest forwards I have seen in a blue shirt. It's all very well pointing to Europa against young boys or his game against man city.

For me he is massively over rated and he thinks he's far better than he is.

Seriously? What is that this lad has over us or more to the point some of you fans. His interview is mischievous at best and disrespectful at worst.

If your Mrs turned around and said she wanted to be with someone who was gonna be able to take her on a world cruise, live in a 7 bedroom house and drive a Aston Martin would her words of "well that may be with you if you can match my ambitions" Would you be pleased about that?

He's making wrong noises and it's poor. He needs to shut the fuck up. I think a club that spends £28m on a striker is showing ambition, it's just that ten league goals off him ain't quite up to scratch...

Ahhhb but Europa!!!! Yeah, Europa doesn't stop you getting relegated.

For me that's standard football CV writing. They have to sayvthwy are ambitious and want to win or there's no point playing.

I interview people. I rarely get past the first paragraph of a CV that starts.....I work well in a team but also cam work of my own initiative. Internet CV copy and paste. Now if they give examples of how it's different.

All Room has done there is shown that he is ambitious, wants to win, is his own boss regarding his career choices and that he is settled and happy at Everton.

It''s not just this one though it's the incessant opening of his mouth.

He's done a direct interview with Sky now snd says he is contracted to Everton for 4 years but who knows!

He doesn't need to say this stuff, so why say it. That's my point.

Its interesting that he wants to know how it feels to play in a big game, last season against Palace and Southampton when 4th was in our hands - they were very big games. He didn't show.

You could say that it's interesting that he wants to know how it feels to play in a big game, last season against Arsenal when we needed to beat them to put 4th in our own hands he scored a belter and set up another one in our win and put a MOTM performance in...

Just to clear this up. I have no problem with the lad wanting to better himself or move on to better things one day but shut the fuck up about it it's not something he needs to say.

Comments like I have a 4 year deal but in football who knows, I want to play cl football , I want to play at the highest level etc etc no matter what else was said with then are not the brightest thing to say to a journo.

He's trying to engineer a move, maybe not this season but certainly the one after. His "everton are this and that and I'm young" are just him covering his bases.

One minute he is 22 and it's time to win trophies, the next he is only young with plenty of time.

Just shut up and play football.

You could say that it's interesting that he wants to know how it feels to play in a big game, last season against Arsenal when we needed to beat them to put 4th in our own hands he scored a belter and set up another one in our win and put a MOTM performance in...

From the right wing? Not upfront. Yeah remember that...

I thought he was saying he wants to win and that time is on his side.....there's nothing negative about Everton!

Doesn't that mean he is happy here or am i missing something?

No, the only thing you've missed is my sarcasm - spot on with the rest!