IGNORED

Jagielka

....Dont get me started! to think his idol growing up was Big Dunc! Once a blue? Cock!

Would this be the same Big Dunc who left Everton to sign for Newcastle?

Big Dunc may have saved the club from relegation more than once, but Rooney saved the club from administration. He was just a kid under extraordinary pressure. I think anyone still holding a grudge is showing a very petty side to themselves.

Big Dunc may have saved the club from relegation more than once, but Rooney saved the club from administration. He was just a kid under extraordinary pressure. I think anyone still holding a grudge is showing a very petty side to themselves.

I agree with you in part but I think Johnson sold Duncan telling him he had to go as we needed to money. However, I agree about your Rooney comment. He had to go to save the club and I strongly believe that he will play for Everton again before his career is over. he might be 30 but he'll still do a job.

i don't hold a grudge at all but i don't call anyone who does petty..he talked his way into be hated like he was..rooney has a completely different attitude to jags..he was a nobhead when he was here too he always has that about him

I,m not being picky Ian, but from your comment i can only assume you dont know the full story. ;)

Johnson forcibly selling him against his and Smith's will because we needed the money?

We needed to sell Rooney as well, the only difference is that Rooney wanted to go in the end. A big difference maybe, but the situation isn't as cut and dry and people like to think.

The fact of the matter is Rooney wasn't much older than me at the time. And I can honestly say if someone started throwing money at me and my family that I wouldn't know how I would react. And I come from a very comfortable middle-class family, and Rooney well er... politely... comes from err Croxteth :P

Johnson blatantly sold Dunc, dont think he had much say in it.

As for Rooney, kissing the Man Utd badge in front of our supporters!!!!????

Unexcusable!!!

I wonder how I'd react to having 40,000 people booing my every touch. Probably not well. It's quite easy for people to sit behind their computers and make judgements but in reality these situations are much more complex than football supporters like to think they are.

EDIT: /end of thread derailment :P

Edited by Grarghsies

"David Moyes will fight to keep Jagielka at Goodison Park but the defender will want to push his club to sell in order to progress his career. A fee in the region of £15m is understood to be what’s needed in order to prise him away from the North West."

That wouldn't even buy one leg <_< .

i've heard wenger is after Laurent Koscielny...he's younger and french sounds more wenger style to me

Jagielka was a forgein name, so he blatently ran his finger down 'The Yellow pages of footballing names' and founds Jags'. Now he's done it again and picked out Koscielny...makes sense really!? :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rusty747

We need to keep Jags. In pre season he has already shown signs of being back to his best and he is definite Captain material. This is one player who has to stay.

£16mil would make him their record signing. i find it kind of funny that wenger is more stingy when it comes to money than we are

just goes to show that you dont neccessarily need mega money signings to have a sucessful squad. Wait, why does that sound familiar? :rolleyes: