IGNORED

Jagielka

I took it like he's not selling him and even if he was open to it if you count our centre halves we're short anyway so this compouds the fact he isn't going anywhere.

He also reiterated he is the clubs captain.

i missed that part. that does strengthen the stay argument then. either way i'm fine with it. quality guy in a 3 CB or off the bench or starting, or quality fee for an aging CB.

It's strange how people interpret things differently. I took the complete opposite. It sounded to me like he wants Jags to skipper the squad this season, you can't lead from the bench (unless your ronaldo) so for me it sounds as if he will be first choice CB this season.

Edited by AidanLewis

It's strange how people interpret things differently. I took the complete opposite. It sounded to me like he wants Jags to skipper the squad this season, you can't lead from the bench (unless your ronaldo) so for me it sounds as if he will be first choice CB this season.

in that case maybe williams is the LCB and mori is on the bench with holgate.

I would have taken it as the opposite if he hadn't included "if you count our centre backs". That to me indicates he's thinking of numbers rather than the player himself.

Guest rusty747

I think we will see more and more games where we line up 3-5-2.

That means we need 6 cbs to have cover for each position.

Left cb. Mori/Williams

Cb. Jags/Kone

Rcb. Holgate/?

Guest rusty747

I tend to agree.

What's the word on Matty Foulds? How far away from the first team is he?

I keep hearing good things but haven't seen him yet.

• 8 months later...

Precisely. He's been around how long now, and captain for much of that time. He'd be a huge loss to the club, so I'd much rather keep him around and maybe join Unsworth in the coaching department of the youngsters.

That for me staying at the club as a coach.