IGNORED

Jagielka

I was all for selling Jagielka as I thought we might have gotten 16 mil (or even more) out of it. That could have gotten us 2 6/7 mil players and we could still have paid some of the debt. But I've read somewhere that we actually have only got one offer for him: the initial 10 mil from Arsenal. And I can't see them upping that offer after that Blue Union interview. 10 mil just isn't worth it.

Neville is captain, Arteta is vice captain and Jags after him.

If we did sell Jags it's not likely we would get any of it spent on the team. The way bill was talking sounded like the bank wanted the money back.

So £13 has gone off the overdraft, leaving us with £12m. If we got £18m for jags the bank might take £12m of that leaving us £6m to buy who?

I'm going to get shot at for this but if we sold Jags for £12m, repaid a bit and had £6m to spend, then I'd go for SWP for £2m (the reported fee he's off to Bolton for). It's got to the point where he's the only prem proven option we have - he's fast and direct something we sorely lack - he wouldn't be my first choice - N'Zogbia was and probably not my 2nd choice but here's where we're at!

I'm going to get shot at for this but if we sold Jags for £12m, repaid a bit and had £6m to spend, then I'd go for SWP for £2m (the reported fee he's off to Bolton for). It's got to the point where he's the only prem proven option we have - he's fast and direct something we sorely lack - he wouldn't be my first choice - N'Zogbia was and probably not my 2nd choice but here's where we're at!

We must be thinking alike, I have just said pretty much the same thing on a different thread!

As I said in that post, he is a mildly better version of Coleman in the way he gets version, but that is streets ahead of anyone else. Id prefer a loan but £2mil for a proven prem player is a snip.

I'd go with £25m, 15 for Jags and 10 for Mikel.

It's a sad state where I'm talking about selling one of my favourite players (Jags) but both are replacable with what we have already. I would only want this to happen if it meant we could ease our financial mess along with bringing in a RB/CB cover (Onouha maybe), a winger and a striker. I'd be pissed off if we sold and signed players for positions that we don't need strengthening in especially centre mid!!!

...if we did get money for a winger (or 2) I was very impressed with Gradel from Leeds - never really seen the fuss in the past be he looked the real deal and is entering the final year of his contract - a better option than SWP!!! I'd still like Faubert off West Ham too.

I'd go with £25m, 15 for Jags and 10 for Mikel. We have Duffy and Heitinga who could fill in, and Barkley looks well capable of replacing Arteta.

If that gets us a striker and a winger we would be a better side.

According to the article Arsenal are planning a £28m bid, why should we then accept 25? ;) Id take the £28m to be honest. These two players are not unreplacable. Much better option then selling Felli and Baines.

According to the Daily Mail, Everton are replacing Jagielka with Liam Ridgewell if this deal comes off.

According to the article Arsenal are planning a £28m bid, why should we then accept 25? wink.png Id take the £28m to be honest. These two players are not unreplacable. Much better option then selling Felli and Baines.

According to the Daily Mail, Everton are replacing Jagielka with Liam Ridgewell if this deal comes off.

This would annoy me - we have Heitinga already who is a much better play. At least if we signed someone like Onouha he could play right back and be cover should distin/heitinga get injured.

Moyes has said there's been no Jags bids on SSN.

This would annoy me - we have Heitinga already who is a much better play. At least if we signed someone like Onouha he could play right back and be cover should distin/heitinga get injured.

Moyes has said there's been no Jags bids on SSN.

Sorry no fresh bids - also no bids for Yobo... from Moyes.